Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 2:14:15 PM EDT
I have a guy who is interested in some M1A mags I have, but mentioned that he is in Chicago (don't know if it is City of or the oulying burbs, but most likely Cook County).

Hicaps to Cook County are a big no-no, correct?  Or is it just Chi-town?  

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:04:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a guy who is interested in some M1A mags I have, but mentioned that he is in Chicago (don't know if it is City of or the oulying burbs, but most likely Cook County).

Hicaps to Cook County are a big no-no, correct?  Or is it just Chi-town?  

tag
Edit-
I am not sure on this Dawg, but I think the ban applies to unincorporated Cook County and Chicago.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:27:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:08:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, ethically I feel that if the guy is in an area they are legal to own I shouldn't nix the deal, but I don't really want to go to jail for selling $100 worth of mags.

Well, my sale, my rules,  I fi I am not comfortable selling I guess that is reason enough to not do it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:18:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well, my sale, my rules,  I fi I am not comfortable selling I guess that is reason enough to not do it.

This is just my opinion, but I disagree.  If you have a deal with someone, you should go by your word and sell the product if the person produces the cash.  It is wrong, in my opinion, to give your word and then go back on it.  Don't take offense or anything, but if it's not illegal, I'd go ahead and complete the deal as promised.  It's the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:05:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is just my opinion, but I disagree.  If you have a deal with someone, you should go by your word and sell the product if the person produces the cash.  It is wrong, in my opinion, to give your word and then go back on it.  Don't take offense or anything, but if it's not illegal, I'd go ahead and complete the deal as promised.  It's the right thing to do.

Tim,

I put the onus on the buyer to prove it is legal/not legal.  He decided not to go forward with the deal.

I am all for selling to him if it is legal, but don't want my ass in a sling if the guy is trying to violate the law.  And no offense is taken, as not selling to him if it is legal would be the same as enforcing a ban that isn't in effect...and that would a very Democrap thing to do!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:21:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Did I miss something or were the AR/Colt family missing from the Chicago AWB? They had most of the AK Family.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:27:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Did I miss something or were the AR/Colt family missing from the Chicago AWB? They had most of the AK Family.

Just the Colt AR-15.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The Colt AR15 is listed, but the "variants" of that rifle aren't.  In 2005 there was an attempt to correct this, but was killed before even being voted on.

So as long as the firearms doesn't say " Colt AR-15" you are good to go, provided you follow the rest of the ordinance.

they also specify "BUSHMASTER AUTO RIFLE"  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:06:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Dawg,

At Maxon and most gun shops in IL, it was up to the purchaser as to where he/she would store said items. Whether they be handguns, AR15's, or hicap mags.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top