Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2005 11:12:48 AM EDT
Close friend of many years is at last thinking of getting an rifle.  I am from Indiana, so besides his having sometype firearms ID card and finding an in state dealer to get a lower from - any other legal issues to consider?

Would like to build up a stripped lower, if only for grins - who to check with for retail sales of lowers and even parts in Il (he is ~ 40 miles west of chicago but is on the road a lot).

Thanks
John
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Close friend of many years is at last thinking of getting an rifle.  I am from Indiana, so besides his having sometype firearms ID card and finding an in state dealer to get a lower from - any other legal issues to consider?

Would like to build up a stripped lower, if only for grins - who to check with for retail sales of lowers and even parts in Il (he is ~ 40 miles west of chicago but is on the road a lot).

Thanks
John

a few:
I recommend: www.RBPrecision.com - web based and a dealer here on AR15.com. Goes to the Kane County show often. RBP has a pre-packaged set of all parts you need to build up a stripped lower, except stock, which lets you pick exactly which one you want.

or

Brownells

as for local stores:
R Guns in Carpentersville - lots of AR15 stuff (sells lowers, too)
Gat Guns in Dundee - several AR15's in stock, not a huge parts dealer, but they have some. Mostly accessories.
Mega Sports in Plainfield - even less in the way of parts, but stocks RRA lowers.

Or best bet: gunshows either at Kane County or DuPage County fairgrounds. Links at www.isra.org/calendar
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#3]
What town is he in or near?
Best deal I've found on complete DPMS lowers around here is
www.rguns.net/009_page7.html
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Why not just buy online?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Parts might end up getting on line - the lower however is easier to get from a "local" dealer (i.e. someone with in several hours driving of St. Charles).

Regards
John
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:55:04 PM EDT
[#6]
www.rbprecision.com/

BIG +1 !
Robert and his Krista are great, hands down AR supporters and have great prices on there lowers.
Find out what you want...Lower, grip, stock, FCG, bla..., bla..., then call RB-Precision and tell them what you are looking for!  They will usualy quote you a price right over the phone!
If you are going to a show that they will be at you can usualy do the transaction right over the phone and pick up the lower at the show!
Robert got me exactly what I wanted for my RRA Lower, and I picked it up the following week at Kane!

Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow I use to many SMILEYS!
[
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:28:26 AM EDT
[#8]
++ for rbprecision great folks to do bisiness with...you're buddy will need to locate a dealer for the lower. 40 miles west of Chicago....Gun Doctor in Roselle is a great FFL for the transfer. mack
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:50:28 AM EDT
[#9]
[www.moshergunshop.com/

Great bunch of people to do business with!

Just south of Dekalb on Route 23 south bound, call ahead!

They have weird hours, mom and pop shop, very cool stuff, $20 transfers, and good prices for everything else! (Also they have some lowers in stock, just check with them)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top