Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2017 7:31:52 PM EDT
I've just filed a filed a form 1, and sent my CLEO copy to the CLEO listed in the 41F guide in General NFA --

Nevada
Nevada Highway Patrol a division of the Nevada Department of Public Safety
Col. Dennis Osborn
555 Wright Way
Carson City, Nevada 89711
775-687-5300

But, they say they don't know what to do with it, and Col. Osborn is retired, so they are returning it.

Any idea who the proper NHP person would be, or do I need to send it to our local sheriff and somehow amend my ATF submission?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, if they acknowledge they got it, whether they know what to do with it or not, they got it. Sounds like you met the notification requirement just fine.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:27:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, if they acknowledge they got it, whether they know what to do with it or not, they got it. Sounds like you met the notification requirement just fine.
View Quote
I just don't want to learn if ATF guys will shoot my cats....
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:38:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't the CLEO notification letter have to be sent to the CLEO of the county where you reside?

In this case that would be Sheriff Lombardo.

The Godfather would know for sure.

Paging Uncle Tony. Please pick up the white courtesy phone.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Doesn't the CLEO notification letter have to be sent to the CLEO of the county where you reside?

View Quote
From the 41F thread:

"As mentioned earlier, there are state level employees who qualify as CLEO. It does not have to be a local Sheriff or Police Chief. "

The list came from Silencer Shop.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Godfather is out recycling copper and lead back to the earth at Big Sandy....
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 3:47:10 PM EDT
[#6]
So back in March, I used Silencer Shop for the form 1. They sent the CLEO notification to the attorney general of Nevada. A month later, I decided to do a form 4 for another toy and used the attorney general as well. Attorney General's office gets it and contacts the ATF, who in turn, call me not to send to the Attorney General because they have no idea what to do with it. The ATF agent told me to send the Police Chief of the Henderson Police Dept because I live in Henderson. I never heard anything regarding the CLEO form that was sent to the Attorney General by Silencer Shop.

I think if you send to the Attorney General, you are following the law. You can also send to your local sheriff. The ATF agent I spoke with told me nothing is done with them.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Back in the old days before when you had to get a CELO to sign off on the form 1 or 4 several Sheriffs and Chiefs did not want to take responsibility for their name being on a form to approve a evil machine gun even though that was not the case. The ATF was very liberal in allowing other agencies to sign off on the forms. State Police, Attorney General,  District Attorney ETC. Several guys had to go shopping to find a friendly agency. Now that is not the case. Normally you just send a copy of the form the Sheriff if you fall in METRO's jurisdiction.  Hope this helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top