Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2017 1:59:47 PM EDT
I will be in Vegas in a couple of weeks, and Crossroads of the West will happen to have a show that weekend. Figured I might pop in to see if it is any better than what I usually see here. CA shows are pretty sad for the most part, 'cuz CA.
How is this one for size, pricing, etc? Deals on accessories and/or ammo decent, or nothing better than what you can find in a local store?
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 10:19:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure how CA shows are but ours have sucked for quite a while.  Great if you want beef jerky or bed sheets, but crap for deals on guns.  The only reason I go is if I happen to be selling something or for primers from the Miwal booth.  (If you happen to see a big bald guy walking around with a sign selling a Ruger SR9 that'll be me. )
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Gun shows are a waste of time for me anymore.  

Last one I went to was the crossroads show in early 2012 at the cashman center.  

Between having to pay to park there and admission, not finding anything to follow me home it just isn't worth my time to go.  

Lots of jerky, stun guns and beanie babies from what I remember.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless you are wanting ammo or primers from miwall, it's a waste of time and money IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Nothing like they used to be but I still go maybe once a year. If your here what the hell, it’s a fun way to burn a few hours if nothing else. It’s going to cost you about 20 bucks, parking, entrance fee. I still find oddball crap every now and then. Ya never know.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:58:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Crossroads just announced that they are cancelling the show here in Las Vegas.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#6]
So, it seems like they are pretty much just like CA shows. And now cancelled, so that's that.

Any recommendations for gun stores to visit? Nothing too far from the strip, say 15 to 20 minutes.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:29:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Not sure what part of the strip , but two that I visit are Freedom Firearms and Lock & Load.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 9:09:43 AM EDT
[#8]
^ Throw NFA in there if your going to travel, probably the best 3 in the valley. I really Like Freedom Firearms also.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 2:06:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the input, guys. I made a list and am going to hit up a few. NFA is on the list for sure, as I have some product by them and have been wanting to visit.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#10]
not sure about everyone... but i don't go to shows for guns... i go for mags, parts etc... guns are overpriced....
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
not sure about everyone... but i don't go to shows for guns... i go for mags, parts etc... guns are overpriced....
View Quote
Maybe Ohio shows are different. At Vegas shows, GOOD mags are outrageous(for the most part)... SHIT mags are expensive. Parts and accessories are mostly Chinese knock-offs or just shitty china junk. IF, you do find something worth buying, you probably could have saved money staying home and ordering it on line
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 6:22:02 AM EDT
[#12]
3 of us went to the show this weekend at Cashman, online it was advertised as $12 admission. we get there and it's $15 + $5 for parking. I had printed out 3 $1.00 off admission coupons.

At the booth the sign say's $15.00 admission, I ask the guy about it and he say's I was looking at the wrong show online, but he still take's my coupons?.

Hmmmm.

The show was mediocre at best and only 1/2 the of the Hall. Gun prices were nothing that could'nt be found locally at NFA or Freedom for lesser. Probably my last for that vendor. No wanding or otherwise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top