Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2017 11:16:03 PM EDT
What do you guys think will happen? I know that Clark County is pretty much blue now, but the rest of the state is fairly red right?
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 1:01:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What do you guys think will happen? I know that Clark County is pretty much blue now, but the rest of the state is fairly red right?
View Quote

I haven't looked at recent numbers, but recall from the 2016 election that Washoe and all the other counties could offset Clark.  Key word "could" - if they all voted the same.  

Right now both our Assembly and Senate is blue.  If Dems come out on top again in the 2018 elections, then redistricting will happen and Nevada will pretty much be blue forever.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 2:41:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm fairly confident that Bloomberg and other anti-gun groups will move in again like they did with Question 1. With all the ex-CA residents continuing to pour in, I don't doubt they will try to mirror the gun laws of the state they just fled 
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 3:49:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Our legislature is liberal as FUCK and Sandoval (RINO) will be leaving in 2018 for higher office.

Nevada is doomed if it continues the way it's going.

Been here almost 40 years and I'm thinking about popping smoke.

Link Posted: 10/4/2017 9:15:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 11:39:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sandoval is getting a head start.

Jackass
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm fairly confident that Bloomberg and other anti-gun groups will move in again like they did with Question 1. With all the ex-CA residents continuing to pour in, I don't doubt they will try to mirror the gun laws of the state they just fled 
Sandoval is getting a head start.

Jackass
From his political POV, he probably assesses he has to give up something to appease the public.

If we plan on keeping our rights as best as possible, we need to start mobilizing the community and start bugging the crap out of the NRA. I was extremely disappointed and mad at what little they did to advertise against Question 1 as it gained steam.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I haven't looked at recent numbers, but recall from the 2016 election that Washoe and all the other counties could offset Clark.  Key word "could" - if they all voted the same.  
View Quote
Unfortunately Washoe is getting more and more blue.  I don't know that we'd be any help in offsetting Clark.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 9:06:01 PM EDT
[#7]
The commie fucks are going to descend like vultures.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 3:18:11 PM EDT
[#8]
It has been a sad week for Nevadans.  I believe the only way is to educate people.  I hate the way they bring up question 1 again.  It would have done nothing to prevent this criminal act.  
So what do we do?  I see emotions are high and people are shaking the fist and saying "SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE".  Ok what?  

Band high cap magazines and Assault style rife's  - There are so many out there that is not even a practical solution - ATF, Law enforcement comes up to your house and says turn in your guns.  - The Fifth Amendment protects the right to private property it states that a person may not be deprived of property by the government without “due process of law,”.  I  am not a lawyer but I would guess this would be a very long drawn out lawsuit and then it would bring up the 2nd amendment rights.  I liked what Bruce Willis said about that 'you can't take away one of the Bill of Rights without the whole thing coming down".

While we are at it lets ban cars - they are used to run over and kill people - who needs a car that can drive 100 mph when the speed limit is 55 - 70 right.  

Tougher background checks - They already do a criminal background check and because of HIPAA laws on personal health information you cannot divulge mental health issues without some sort of court order.  The shooter had no prior mental health issues so at the time of purchase he had no known mental health issues.  

How bought checking every guest that comes into a hotel?  -  Every guest checks in to every hotel in Vegas how bout the nation, we can make it like TSA.  Again not practical and who flips the bill for this?

Use of metal detectors and making it illegal to bring a firearm to a public event.  -  Define a public event.  I don't believe this concert was sponsored by Clark county or the Federal gov't.  So sponsored by an events promoter.  They payed for security, for the metal detector and it still would not have done anything.

Don't go to any events ever.  -  You might be alive but it is not living.   Definition of terrorism is - the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.  I don't really see a distinction between this act and what has happened around the globe.  Who knows what this nut jobs political aim was.  Maybe to get green M&M's removed from the bag.

Unfortunately this has now become our world.  Both foreign and domestic terrorist.  IMHO it is to remain vigilante and be a Sheepdog of our society.  You can pass as many laws as you want but in the end a criminal does not obey the laws.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 1:40:09 AM EDT
[#9]
@Nevar, well said.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:18:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
"...With all the ex-CA residents..."

Would it be safe to "assume" that the majority of CA residents are gun-grabbing, Liberals?

I, for one, am very close to moving to Nevada to ESCAPE everything about California I HATE.

Count two votes for:

Pro-2nd Amendment

Borders

No Amnesty/DACA

Repeal the 14th Amendment (No "Birthright Citizenship")

Flat Tax and Budget Cuts, Balanced Budget

However, after this "Las Vegas Massacre", the actions of the Nevada Legslature will
reveal just how infested it has become with Liberals.

SMH...
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Would it be safe to "assume" that the majority of CA residents are gun-grabbing, Liberals?

View Quote
This past November, for the first time in history, Nevada became a blue state.  This can be directly attributed to all the liberal Californians that have moved here in the past couple of decades.  Yes, please do move here to counteract the liberal a-holes that have preceded you.  We need all the help we can get to avoid becoming another cesspool.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This past November, for the first time in history, Nevada became a blue state.  This can be directly attributed to all the liberal Californians that have moved here in the past couple of decades.  Yes, please do move here to counteract the liberal a-holes that have preceded you.  We need all the help we can get to avoid becoming another cesspool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, I think it's a fairly safe assumption to make that unfortunately liberal ex-CA's outnumber the conservative ones. The fight for NV 2A rights as they are will begin probably in the coming weeks once some time has passed for locals to grieve. I'm not sure what organization is going to spearhead this effort for us since the NRA seems absent in NV (Question 1 ring a bell?). 
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Titus, Rosen and Kihuen along with  other Dems are introducing legislation that would prohibit the transfer, importation and POSSESSION of magazines able to hold more than ten rounds of ammunition. Great just Great.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Titus, Rosen and Kihuen along with  other Dems are introducing legislation that would prohibit the transfer, importation and POSSESSION of magazines able to hold more than ten rounds of ammunition. Great just Great.
View Quote
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/12/democrats-ban-proposal-ammunition-magazines-las-vegas

Just goes to show you what many in the 2A community know to well.. give them an inch and they'll take a mile i.e. bump stock vote.  This seems like a federal level move so I doubt it will pass something the Dems know, but will advocate for propaganda/optics purposes.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Unfortunately, the CA resident influx over the last 20 years has changed Nevada for the worse.

I fear we're the next western state to follow the gun control flood from WA and OR.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#16]
There is no doubt in my mind that eventually we’re effed. Las Vegas is going to ruin Nevada unfortunately.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 9:19:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There is no doubt in my mind that eventually we’re effed. Las Vegas is going to ruin Nevada unfortunately.
View Quote
Things don't look all that hot in Reno either, seems the high price of homes and cost of living in North CA drove a lot of people out East. 
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 9:54:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:21:39 AM EDT
[#19]
AG's letter

It looks a little different when you read the letter. It sounds like the governor request another opinion.  

From my understanding it sounds like Laxalt is saying the governor could make a policy change to make it work, but it would be trading a superior set up for an inferior one.  

I think he is still OK, he is just responding with an opinion after Sandoval made the request.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Laxalt is just doing his job as AG.  It’s Sandoval and the legislature that everyone has to worry about. The legislature is trying to be California Jr. and Sandoval is looking for “higher office” with the assumption that “the swamp” will support his aspirations. Send him letters and messages to let your opinion be known, and how long your memory will be on 2A issues.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#21]
This is a response to the governor’s office for a letter from Bloomberg’s people back in June. The AG is not advising the governor to institute Q1. The summary is this: Bloomberg’s guy sent a letter to Sandoval demanding executive action. Sandoval did the right thing by asking the AG for a legal opinion. The AG say, sure, you can do it, but it’s not a good idea. You also have to get the FBI to agree and we asked them twice already and they said no both times. The current system is better, but if you want to ask the FBI again so they can say no a third time, be my guest.

Granted, the timing of this isn’t great, but the letter is a response to a June letter.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This is a response to the governor’s office for a letter from Bloomberg’s people back in June. The AG is not advising the governor to institute Q1. The summary is this: Bloomberg’s guy sent a letter to Sandoval demanding executive action. Sandoval did the right thing by asking the AG for a legal opinion. The AG say, sure, you can do it, but it’s not a good idea. You also have to get the FBI to agree and we asked them twice already and they said no both times. The current system is better, but if you want to ask the FBI again so they can say no a third time, be my guest.

Granted, the timing of this isn’t great, but the letter is a response to a June letter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Copy all, thanks for clearing that up!
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Outstanding summation.  Thanks for clarifying.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 2:14:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Laxalt is a good dude and would be a good replacement for Sandy.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:27:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Yup.

Link Posted: 10/26/2017 6:12:44 PM EDT
[#27]
I've been noticing a lot of California license plates while driving around Las Vegas during the week. Lots of them moving into my neighborhood, both renters and buyers. Seriously thinking of selling my house of 25 years and moving to
SW Utah. I think Nevada has gone over to the dark side with the influx of liberal Californians escaping the sewer they created, but no longer want to live in.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've been noticing a lot of California license plates while driving around Las Vegas during the week. Lots of them moving into my neighborhood, both renters and buyers. Seriously thinking of selling my house of 25 years and moving to
SW Utah. I think Nevada has gone over to the dark side with the influx of liberal Californians escaping the sewer they created, but no longer want to live in.
View Quote
I've thought about that too, but I'm convinced that the problem we're facing here will repeat itself in SW Utah 10-20 years from now when the CA locusts have consumed this area and moved on to the next well to do conservative/libertarian area. Might as well stay and fight
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 10:03:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Sure in 20 years it will be California gun laws 2.0.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 5:28:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Sure in 20 years it will be California gun laws 2.0.
View Quote
I agree.

How long have you lived in Nevada?
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 7:24:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I agree.

How long have you lived in Nevada?
View Quote
Ohhh 30 years or so not counting fuckery abroad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top