Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2017 1:42:47 PM EDT
How early should we arrive for a flight? I looked on their website and it didn't say shit, and the 2 hour early timeline has been crap for years. We are leaving at 7am on Friday if it matters. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:37:20 PM EDT
[#1]
1 hour to 1.5 hours is plenty, my roommate flies to cali once a month or so to see her bf, never has any issues. I always like to give myself plenty of time, better to be a little early than late.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#2]
A year ago I had a 700am flight.  Two hours was not enough.  Probably should of had 2 1/2+.  

Last week, about 45 minutes would have been enough for a 400 pm Friday flight.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 7:43:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#4]
1 hour should be good, 1.5+ if you plan on parking and leaving your car there (seems to get packed quick).
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:24:26 AM EDT
[#5]
In the middle of the week the security line is fairly short 3-8min... most of the time. Friday morning, I would figure at least 45-55 min from the time you walk in the door till your at the gate minimum. I would get there (inside) a little over an hour before the flight myself.

Why am I typing this?  I'm not helping or telling you anything you don't already know. Get there early, sit at the gate, drink a cup of coffee and read something for 30-45min.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone. Got through security in about 15 minutes, and it only took that long because my daughter left a water bottle in her backpack. On out way to Shitcago.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks everyone. Got through security in about 15 minutes, and it only took that long because my daughter left a water bottle in her backpack. On out way to Shitcago.
View Quote
I had the water bottle thing happen. Sealed bottle of water and after they run it through the analyzer to confirm it was water, wouldn't return it to me unless I went back to the "unsecure" side. Dude was all proud of himself that he found it. What they didn't notice was the 100oz hydration bladder that was full of water. Apparently a sealed 16 oz bottle of Dasani water is no bueno but 100 ozs of unknown liquid is ok.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top