Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 8:41:54 PM EDT
Some of you may of seen these they were brought over to me by my friends from the UK who I was in the Amy with back in the late 80s.

Anyway the first is a montage of events of around 4 weeks during a deployment of a company from Prince of Wales Royal Regiment in Iraq during 2004

Y Company 1 PWRR

The second is a more light hearted British army tradition of goofing off to let the folks at home know we are all OK

The Way To Armadillo

Enjoy
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:16:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Some of you may of seen these they were brought over to me by my friends from the UK who I was in the Amy with back in the late 80s.

Anyway the first is a montage of events of around 4 weeks during a deployment of a company from Prince of Wales Royal Regiment in Iraq during 2004

Y Company 1 PWRR

The second is a more light hearted British army tradition of goofing off to let the folks at home know we are all OK

The Way To Armadillo

Enjoy

The Brits are and have ALWAYS been our Allies and I would go into battle with the Brits anytime. They have never let us "stand alone" and although their food needs a little salt, I believe that when we look over our shoulders "at the end of the day" they will be standing with us.

That speaks volumes and more than I can say about any other country.

Just my "Two Pence" Mate.....

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:49:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:48:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I work with about 40 brits, and I must say they are some of the greatest people I know. Ofcourse it doesn't hurt that my Mum is Brittish.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:29:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Brits are and have ALWAYS been our Allies

Not always.

Well,

If we leave out the 1700's and we reflect on how they have stood beside us since then, I think we could safely call them Allies.

I'd back them anywhere, anytime....

PS: My son's Mom (my former wife) is a Brit, and although it didn't work out between her and me, she is still a very good woman.

Once again, just my "Two Pence."  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:26:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes we did have some unpleasentness between us around 1775 but that was a while ago since then we have been called the 51st state almost, we also refer to Prime Minister Blair as the US Foreign minister.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I was hoping to get a chance to work with those guys in Iraq again but I didn't.  Worked with some of them in Saudi and they are some funny guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top