Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 4:03:05 AM EDT
My son and I will be making a 4 week 4x4 trip to American Desert this summer, including about a week in the Black Rock Desert.  However, I don't want to be there when the liberal drug users are in town.

Our trip will include the Death Valley NP, shots Fautless, Shoal, Rio Blanca, Rulison, and Gas Buggy, 4x4 trip in Silverton and we'll probably try to see Area 51 again.

I used to spend about a week or two each year at the BRD when I lived in Seattle.  I haven't seen it, though, since 1990 when I moved to Alabama.  I hope it hasn't been screwed up since I last saw it.

So, when do they fork up BRD?

Thanks,

Merlin
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:16:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Labor day weekend, stay away 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks after. When I was in college I was paid to go out there and transport the portable shitters. It was not one of my favorite experiences to say the least.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:35:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Labor day weekend, stay away 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks after. When I was in college I was paid to go out there and transport the portable shitters. It was not one of my favorite experiences to say the least.

Thanks!  I'll be out there mid-to-late July, so I should be good to go.  

Still looks good out there, otherwise?

Thanks,

Merlin
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:26:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I want to go just so I can nail some stoned hippie broads.

After all, isn't that The American Dream? Sticking your dick into your sworn enemy and leaving them alone in the desert all knockered-up and with a faceful of sand?

If that's so wrong, then I don't want to be right!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh you mean Burning Man
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#5]
how can you fuck up the black rock desert? its a big dry fuckin lake bed out in the middle of no were.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you have to get tags for hippies from Fish and Game
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:04:47 PM EDT
[#8]
no there like jack rabbits, shoot on sight anytime.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:15:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
how can you fuck up the black rock desert? its a big dry fuckin lake bed out in the middle of no were.

How else do drug using hippie assholes fork up anything else they touch?  Trash!

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#10]
they have very strick regulations for them. you cant tell at all after they left. do a damn good job of cleaning up.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:20:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
they have very strick regulations for them. you cant tell at all after they left. do a damn good job of cleaning up.

I'm glad to hear that.  I used to go the BRD every summer for vacation and winter during the 2 week Xmas vacation and I haven't been since 1990.  And you'll recall that the summer of '90, the BRD was terrible due to the fires in the PRK, terrible views.

I miss the crap out of it.

Sulpher still standing?

Thanks,

Merlin
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#12]
i dont recall those fires i would have been about 5, but ya sulphur is still there. shot a antelope over there about 2 years back.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
i dont recall those fires i would have been about 5, but ya sulphur is still there. shot a antelope over there about 2 years back.

Yea, I remember the antelope out there.  Isn't there a big reservation in the NW part of the state, Charles something or other.  Lot's antelope out there.  Course I wasn't hunting them at the time, so they were underfoot....

Thanks,

Merlin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top