BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just wondering... I see posts here, and elsewhere, about people seeing lots of cars on the roads, and bitching about it. How are you seeing them? Are they all driving past your windows, or are you out on the roads too? Think about it.
View Quote

I'm about 400 yards from highway 70. I can hear traffic if I'm outside or the windows are open. Can't see it during daylight, but I can see the headlights after it gets dark. I went to post office in town today to drop my absentee ballot requests in the driveup mailbox behing the post office, never got out of my Jeep, contacted nobody. Cars everywhere... gas stations, grocery store, hardware store, auto parts stores, dollar stores. I was looking for FIB plates... only saw 1 at the NAPA car repair shop. Saw a few MI plates, but the U.P. is close (22 miles) so they're sorta locals too. The yoopers all shop here cuz there's nothing up there closer.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 11:57:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
In my area the only thing on the road that is normal is trucks.  Everything else is a ghost town.
View Quote
Prepping my garden heard cars revving up their engines and what sounded like street racing.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 1:23:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Mostly semi truck traffic on 11 down here. I live in a 35 mph zone, and at night the trucks are easily over 50. Just three sheriff's on at night for the whole county, so they are not doing any speed enforcement.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 8:25:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 11:47:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Is there any way of finding out in what community the people infected with coven 19  reside in your county ?
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 8:16:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is there any way of finding out in what community the people infected with coven 19  reside in your county ?
View Quote

The authorities cannot release the names or personal info because of HIPPA laws. There is nothing in that law I'm aware of that would prevent them from releasing the general location, such as what city or town. They've already done it in the Milwaukee area...I've seen them report deaths & cases from "West Allis", "north side of Milwaukee", and others. Last time I checked, West Allis was a city not a county.

I guess we'll have to rely on "scuttlebut" ... it eventually will be public knowledge through neighbors blabbing. There's now 3 cases here in Vilas, but Vilas is a big county geographically. They could be on the next road over or 75 miles away for all I know. Until I know, I won't do any service calls in the entire county... when I know, I'll go elsewhere, but not there.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 11:39:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I live in teh country between 3 towns.  If I knew one of the towns had a couple of cases I could shop in one of the other communities and be safer.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 4:36:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Did you guys see the news that the death toll in NY today is north of 400?  If this continues and people don't isolate, this will get bad quickly.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 3:43:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Did you guys see the news that the death toll in NY today is north of 400?  If this continues and people don't isolate, this will get bad
View Quote

Most of NYC's population are reliant on public transportation. If people in NYC need provisions they are going to have to either walk or take public transit. This means they really can not stock up meaning more frequent outings increasing their exposure.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can exist in NYC - even without the virus.  I know they do - lots of them- but I think I'd go nuts if I had to live there.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:04:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can exist in NYC - even without the virus.  I know they do - lots of them- but I think I'd go nuts if I had to live there.
View Quote

I agree.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 8:49:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Live in NYC? I would never even considering visiting a place like that, not even for a single day. Nothing but vertical cattle cars they call apartments.

I think I'd go nuts if I had to live in any city, places like Green Bay, or even Wausau. Those are the 2 largest cities I've been to in past decade. I've been to Green Bay once...to drive my daughter's U Haul truck when she moved there in 2012, and I couldn't wait to get the fuck back home to the northwoods. When I think of "urbanization" now, I think of... Rhinelander, or Antigo.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 6:12:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Live in NYC? I would never even considering visiting a place like that, not even for a single day. Nothing but vertical cattle cars they call apartments.

I think I'd go nuts if I had to live in any city, places like Green Bay, or even Wausau. Those are the 2 largest cities I've been to in past decade. I've been to Green Bay once...to drive my daughter's U Haul truck when she moved there in 2012, and I couldn't wait to get the fuck back home to the northwoods. When I think of "urbanization" now, I think of... Rhinelander, or Antigo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People are out & about, but it’s definitely slower than it would be.

I could throw a baseball & it would bounce across 35. So looking out my kitchen or LT windows throughout the day I can tell traffic is greatly reduced.

Wife & I went to the range yesterday. One car came in & went to the pistol range. Other than that had it to ourselves.

On a typical Sunday, nice day like today was, the MN traffic would have been non-stop. Ya know, I’m actually enjoying it, but I feel bad for the other businesses.

I’ve been to NY a few times when I was younger. Step dad was from queens. It was interesting to see. Live there? Hell no.

Oldest & I went to DC this year on a school trip. Best thing was Gettysburg & visiting the Washington Estate. DC is a shit hole of weirdos.

Wife & I spent about 5yrs or so in St. Paul area, then La Crosse & onto Eau Claire.

Never again.

Link Posted: 4/6/2020 8:31:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Oldest & I went to DC this year on a school trip. Best thing was Gettysburg & visiting the Washington Estate. DC is a shit hole of weirdos.

View Quote

That's only when the congress-critters are in town, right?
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No!

You should see some pics I took of the weirdo’s.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#16]
What I meant was the congress-critters were the weirdos.

Link Posted: 4/7/2020 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#17]
I wish the "Download State Data" link worked so I could dump it in Excel and tease out new cases by day.  It actually appears to have slowed.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 10:45:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What I meant was the congress-critters were the weirdos.

View Quote

True, but trust me, they are not the only ones.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

People are out & about, but it’s definitely slower than it would be.

I could throw a baseball & it would bounce across 35. So looking out my kitchen or LT windows throughout the day I can tell traffic is greatly reduced.

Wife & I went to the range yesterday. One car came in & went to the pistol range. Other than that had it to ourselves.

On a typical Sunday, nice day like today was, the MN traffic would have been non-stop. Ya know, I’m actually enjoying it, but I feel bad for the other businesses.

I’ve been to NY a few times when I was younger. Step dad was from queens. It was interesting to see. Live there? Hell no.

Wife & I spent about 5yrs or so in St. Paul area, then La Crosse & onto Eau Claire.

Never again.

View Quote

Gettysburg is great trip for a family.  If ever in that part of country and ya like seafood/beer, ya need to find all you can eat blue crab special.  Grew up just north of there.   Gotta be careful with wandering about in DC, it be a violent place.  This is the place the mayor got arrested for crack years back.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/local/longterm/tours/scandal/barry.htm
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 8:51:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Gettysburg is great trip for a family.  If ever in that part of country and ya like seafood/beer, ya need to find all you can eat blue crab special.  Grew up just north of there.   Gotta be careful with wandering about in DC, it be a violent place.  This is the place the mayor got arrested for crack years back.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/local/longterm/tours/scandal/barry.htm
View Quote
What is remarkable about that mayor is after prison he got back into politics his slogan was "He May Not Be Perfect, But He's Perfect for D.C." he later won a 4th mayoral term. I think that says enough about DC.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 4:09:23 PM EDT
[#21]
African Americans are especially being hit hard by this. Is it that they as a population are more susceptible or are the numbers higher in their communities but are not going to get checked unless it becomes severe.

Number of cases as of 4/9/2020Percent of cases as of 4/9/2020
Number of deaths as of 4/9/2020
Percent of deaths as of 4/9/2020
American Indian
1%
1%
Asian
2%
4%
Black
27%
44%
White
50%
50%
Other
2%
0%
Unknown
19%
1%

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
African Americans are especially being hit hard by this. Is it that they as a population are more susceptible or are the numbers higher in their communities but are not going to get checked unless it becomes severe.

Number of cases as of 4/9/2020Percent of cases as of 4/9/2020
Number of deaths as of 4/9/2020
Percent of deaths as of 4/9/2020
American Indian
1%
1%
Asian
2%
4%
Black
27%
44%
White
50%
50%
Other
2%
0%
Unknown
19%
1%

View Quote

China doesn’t like Black people?

Link Posted: 4/13/2020 2:06:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

China doesn't like Black people?

View Quote
Someone pointed out to me that African Americans live in multigenerational households more than other groups. Meaning the elderly are more likely to be exposed by their grandchildren.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 3:08:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Here's a bit of positive news. . . Developing model shows Wisconsin Just Hit Corona Peak

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 1:52:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Someone pointed out to me that African Americans live in multigenerational households more than other groups. Meaning the elderly are more likely to be exposed by their grandchildren.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or we could look to the recent discrimination they imposed due to their China Flu calling for boycotting “African” peoples from all kinds of businesses while at the same time claiming Americans are “racists”.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Or we could look to the recent discrimination they imposed due to their China Flu calling for boycotting "African" peoples from all kinds of businesses while at the same time claiming Americans are "racists".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or we could look to the recent discrimination they imposed due to their China Flu calling for boycotting "African" peoples from all kinds of businesses while at the same time claiming Americans are "racists".
How does racial discrimination in China against blacks in china correlate to a higher percentage of deaths in African Americans in Wisconsin?
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 3:55:51 PM EDT
[#27]
It doesn't. Blacks are getting it because they are ignoring the social distancing request, and higher contributing illnesses which leads to a higher death rate.
It has nothing to do with racism, and everything to do with environmental factors.
Edit: Personal responsibility is tough to deny when a virus is involved.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for posting updates.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 12:30:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It doesn't. Blacks are getting it because they are ignoring the social distancing request, and higher contributing illnesses which leads to a higher death rate.
It has nothing to do with racism, and everything to do with environmental factors.
Edit: Personal responsibility is tough to deny when a virus is involved.
View Quote

You mean like block parties in a certain state that just happened to erupt in gunfire.

I’m not sure I buy the multigenerational living arrangement contribution here, entirely.

I know for a fact many Hmong families live multigenerationally yet Asians have an extremely low infection rate, as I understand the data.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Thanks for posting updates.
View Quote
No problem. Sometimes Im a couple days behind.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 2:34:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Tony can pound sand.  I feel sorry for the business owners that are going to be forced (lawfully?) to stay closed.  Myself, I'll go as I please.  He can send the brown shirts after me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 4:32:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Well looks like the 24th there will be a protest. https://facebook.com/events/s/wisconsin-freedom-rally-reopen/621092848442020/?ti=as
View Quote

Has anyone thrown this up in GD yet?
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 4:38:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Tony can pound sand.  I feel sorry for the business owners that are going to be forced (lawfully?) to stay closed.  Myself, I'll go as I please.  He can send the brown shirts after me.
View Quote

Yup.

I've been contemplating full retirement for awhile now. I'll be 70 the week of Mother's Day...IOW, weeks before this bullshit ends. Age 70, that's when I planned on making a decision on how much longer I intend to work.  Now I just don't see the point of taking 3 months off - with zero pay - and then returning to work for who knows how much longer. It's a good test for me. If I can survive those 3 months (Mar-Apr-May) without any income supplementing my retirement income, then I'm done for good. I'll spend the summer selling all my tools & parts inventory online. I'll hang on to safe opening stuff just for kicks, but all the basic lock crap is disposable now.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#37]
There have been some studies that show those of African descent have low zinc tolerance. Has something to do with the mineral heavy continent and evolution.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:09:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Has anyone thrown this up in GD yet?
View Quote
Mentioned on page 18.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/BREAKING-Lockdown-Backlash-Builds-Protests-Organized-In-Multiple-States/5-2317917/
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#39]

I will be there. I have nothing else to do.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Since UW cancelled in-person instruction through summer, I figured K-12 would go the same.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 10:47:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Oh no.  UWM will be missing out on some propaganda spouting time.  Tony will stuff their coffers though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 6:27:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Since UW cancelled in-person instruction through summer, I figured K-12 would go the same.
View Quote

Yeah, I’ve been telling my kids that schools likely wouldn’t reopen. However, I thought businesses would be able to relax a bit.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The authorities cannot release the names or personal info because of HIPPA laws. There is nothing in that law I'm aware of that would prevent them from releasing the general location, such as what city or town. They've already done it in the Milwaukee area...I've seen them report deaths & cases from "West Allis", "north side of Milwaukee", and others. Last time I checked, West Allis was a city not a county.

I guess we'll have to rely on "scuttlebut" ... it eventually will be public knowledge through neighbors blabbing. There's now 3 cases here in Vilas, but Vilas is a big county geographically. They could be on the next road over or 75 miles away for all I know. Until I know, I won't do any service calls in the entire county... when I know, I'll go elsewhere, but not there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vilas could be the rez too...

Had a couple so far in this county with 1 death no idea how many people these two confirmed have infected...haven't seen any info lately...

I haven't any contact with outsiders for over 21 days and even back at my last contact had on mask and safety glasses and kept the contact to a minimum...getting kind tired of this BS though...and I'll be 71 by the end of summer Lord Willing.

They need to get those titer test kits out to us and make Hydroxycholorquine and Z-pac available at first sign of infection.

With that in place there is no reason not to open our state back up before we are ruined.

Of course they government spent thrifts like Evers will happily bankrupt the state and demand taxes be paid or they will begin foreclosing on those they feel like...I would imagine Evers donors (the ones he opened the golf courses back up for) are salivating at the idea of buying up property for pennies on the dollar...
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yeah, I've been telling my kids that schools likely wouldn't reopen. However, I thought businesses would be able to relax a bit.
View Quote
I think you will see a big uptick of homeschooling in the fall.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:18:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Update of numbers.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 9:49:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Our county had a big testing push this week. Blanket calling everyone multiple times.

Had 200+ tests performed, ZERO positives.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Yeah they were flagging people down in the small rural town 8 miles from us trying to get people into their
trailer set up for testing the other day...big signs "Free Testing"...

I'll do the titer test when they make that readily available...
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:03:06 PM EDT
[#48]
I asked my counties health dept. what communities in the county had coved19.  That way I could avoid those communities.  The letter was forwarded to the director of emergency management.  His response was knowing where the virus is will not protect me.  The only things that will protect me is washing my hands , staying home, and traveling only when necessary.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:17:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Grizz272:
I asked my counties health dept. what communities in the county had coved19.  That way I could avoid those communities.  The letter was forwarded to the director of emergency management.  His response was knowing where the virus is will not protect me.  The only things that will protect me is washing my hands , staying home, and traveling only when necessary.
View Quote

Would be a good line to give the gun grabbers
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:16:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Knowing where it is won't protect you?  What kind of BS answer is that?  May not protect you, but it would sure give you an idea of an area to avoid.  This thing has really gotten to the ridiculous stage.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top