Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2017 10:23:16 PM EDT
Hello all. I have a 1979 Chevy Malibu(G-Body) with a Chevy V-8 and I need factory power steering pump brackets. So I'm looking for a junk yard that still deals with older car parts or something similar. I'm willing to travel, pay for shipping, or take the parts off myself. I've tried the local junk yards near me(Minocqua) and Craigslist and have come up with nothing. Thanks for any leads or help.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 8:11:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried Cousineau's in Antigo? Probably biggest in the north.

Scharf's in Eagle River is hooked up with a nationwide network. They were able to find a front sway bar for an 89 Dakota 4X4 for me, which was a rare one to find.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.car-part.com/

Take a look around on carpart. You can Search by VIN or year/make/model. You might have to look under a few different listings; steering ________ to find them, if they are still listed. After that, I'd say the common RockAuto or eBay.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you tried Cousineau's in Antigo? Probably biggest in the north.

Scharf's in Eagle River is hooked up with a nationwide network. They were able to find a front sway bar for an 89 Dakota 4X4 for me, which was a rare one to find.
View Quote
Thank you, but I started by calling those two places and was told that they didn't really deal with stuff that old.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:45:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://www.car-part.com/

Take a look around on carpart. You can Search by VIN or year/make/model. You might have to look under a few different listings; steering ________ to find them, if they are still listed. After that, I'd say the common RockAuto or eBay.
View Quote
WOW! that looks like a pretty awesome Web sight. This might solve my problem. Thank You very much!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top