Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 8:21:32 PM EDT
To help ensure victory in this year's elections, in conjunction with NRA's Annual Meetings, NRA-ILA is hosting a FREE Grassroots Workshop in Milwaukee on May 19 (details below). The Workshop & related materials, including continental breakfast, are FREE!

Friday, May 19, 2006
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 Noon
(breakfast 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.)
Hilton Milwaukee City Center
Monarch Ballroom
509 W. Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53203
(414) 271-7250

In addition to working to secure victory in the 2006 elections, NRA-ILA is also working in Congress and in the states to repeal the D.C. gun ban, to enhance self-defense and Right-to-Carry statutes, and to ensure we never see gun confiscations as we did in New Orleans in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. And of course, we will also need to be vigilant in defeating all attacks on our Second Amendment rights.

At the Workshop, you will hear from NRA Officers and NRA-ILA staff on what you can do locally to help elect pro-Second Amendment candidates to office this year and assure our proactive legislative agenda continues unabated.

To reserve your seat, or for more information, please click here or call NRA-ILA at (800) 392-8683. We hope to see you in Milwaukee on May 19!

Yours in freedom,

Chris W. Cox
NRA-ILA Executive Director

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:20:53 PM EDT
[#1]
must be nice not having to work for a living and can go.

little things like this just steam me, open voting to only the old farts, no wonder the NRA is still a 1970s organization
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Read it again there Skippy. It's for people who have time to volunteer to help get pro-gun candidates elected. If you don't have time to volunteer to help, then you don't help. It doesn't stop you from voting.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#3]
yup i did read it wrong, but still could have been sceduled for a WEEKEND or EVENING.

but no worries
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:57:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm guessing that they do it that way to specifically target people who have their days free. I do agree with you that if they did it when working people could attend, they'd stand a better chance of getting volunteers who'd put up yard signs, pass out flyers, etc.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:42:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm sure if you want to be there bad enough you will find a way. As for me I am going without sleep after work Thursday night and vacation day for Friday.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:12:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Excellent BBowen!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top