Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 10:36:24 AM EDT
Just wanted to say hi to my fellow wisconsinites...... I'm new to the AR-15 world but have been shooting for a few years. Shot an AR this past week and had to get myself one. Thanks again Jason.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome aboard.  You say you are new to the AR15 but what about the AK?  Don't limit yourself to just one platform, you will be missing a lot if you do.  You should try to come to our shoot at the end of the month.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:38:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I have shot a few different rifles, mostly hunting rifles. I used to trap shoot alot as well. I have fired one AK, I enjoyed that, but the budget (set by the wife) was used up on the AR purchase. I will eventually get an AK as well.

Where is the shoot being held? Depending on where and what day I could be there. I'm looking for a place that I can go shoot on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad to see you got in the board Tim.

I brought Tim out to RCLRC last weekend, and he's hooked on the AR.  =)  He'll be looking to join RCLRC soon.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Tim,

You should make your way to shiocton ;) We'd be glad to have you. Look at the tacked threads (up top) for "Shiocton Shoot" the 25th of this month, more than welcome to come.

Hope to see you there.

Welcome to AR15.com, HTF, and the Black Rifle World ;)

-David
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:49:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have shot a few different rifles, mostly hunting rifles. I used to trap shoot alot as well. I have fired one AK, I enjoyed that, but the budget (set by the wife) was used up on the AR purchase. I will eventually get an AK as well.

Where is the shoot being held? Depending on where and what day I could be there. I'm looking for a place that I can go shoot on a regular basis.

The shoot is actually being held in Shiocton, (see the tacked thread), which is probably quite a drive for you, but I can personally guarantee that there will be AKs, ARs, C&Rs, and lots of ammo.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:01:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The shoot is actually being held in Shiocton, (see the tacked thread), which is probably quite a drive for you, but I can personally guarantee that there will be AKs, ARs, C&Rs, and lots of ammo.

You make me jealous :)
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just wanted to say hi to my fellow wisconsinites...... I'm new to the AR-15 world but have been shooting for a few years. Shot an AR this past week and had to get myself one. Thanks again Jason.

Welcome to the forums!

Av.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to the EBR side. It will pull you further to the dark side untill you find yourself filling out a form 4.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#9]
welcome
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:58:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Welcome!  I hope Jason hasn't tainted you too badly Hopefully you like RCRLC enough to join us!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:12:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Welcome!  I hope Jason hasn't tainted you too badly Hopefully

Nah, Jason has tainted me to badly yet, but the wife does think he's the root of all my evil. hotoman
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:37:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Welcome aboard.

Start putting in some O.T.
Buying the guns is the cheap part.
Ammo is where you're going to get hurt if you fall in with us.

What sort of AR did you buy?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:09:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Welcome aboard.

Start putting in some O.T.
Buying the guns is the cheap part.
Ammo is where you're going to get hurt if you fall in with us.

What sort of AR did you buy?

Most years I spend a lot more on ammo than I do on firearms.  But you will never be proficient with a firearm if you don't shoot it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:48:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I bought a RRA with a CAR 4 upper, Quad hand rail, 16" Wilson Chrome Lined barrel, NM 2 stage trigger, 6 pos. stock, it's awaiting an Eotech site. I'll get some pics posted.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:04:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I bought a RRA with a CAR 4 upper, Quad hand rail, 16" Wilson Chrome Lined barrel, NM 2 stage trigger, 6 pos. stock, it's awaiting an Eotech site. I'll get some pics posted.

Welcome
I have two RRAs  one tricked out entry tactical
one stock car a2
I have Eotech on the entry liked it so much went from a c-more to EoTech on the MP5
c-more found a home on my surrpressed MKII
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#16]
welcome, pull up a chair and crack a cold one
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:37:38 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I definetly liked RCRLC and I'm very interested in joining.
Did they tell you about the special"initiation" ceremony?
Photoman told me to come on out this weekend for the meeting so maybe I'll see you there.
Don't count on seeing me anytime soon  

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:45:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Welcome!!! I am also a new addition to the group. If all these guys are as fun as what I am hearing, start inquiring about what body parts you can sell to get more ammunition, your left nut won't be enough!!  When we roll into or invade Shioctin for the shoot I suspect the towns people will start evacuating.....KILL ROY IS HERE!!  Lots of ammunition and fun hope you can join in, also as MGLouis said "the dark side" will encompass your entire lifes existance....is this too strong, I don't want to scare anybody, for  I am a new-bie also
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:16:15 AM EDT
[#19]
I am surprized nobody has told you guys about the "New member, ammo clause".

You guys need to get on the stick with the new guys or we are never gonna get any ammo out of them.

Good to see you.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:24:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

You guys need to get on the stick with the new guys or we are never gonna get any ammo out of them.

Good to see you.

"new member ammo clause"???    Is this the initiation fee or indoctrination fee? I am sure some dues will be paid at the shioctin invasion after getting high on the sweet smell of burned gun powder, multiple blast sounds, and target destruction. It is almost spiritual!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:29:59 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good to see you.

"new member ammo clause"???    Is this the initiation fee or indoctrination fee? I am sure some dues will be paid at the shioctin invasion after getting high on the sweet smell of burned gun powder, multiple blast sounds, and target destruction. It is almost spiritual!!

The amo clause is the 4 million rounds that every new person has to bring along to a shoot, it usually lasts until around noon.

Don't forget some amo for yourself as well.

BTW Wolf is not considered amo (unless you are FMD, but what does he know he shoots a rusty 1911  )
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:21:18 AM EDT
[#22]
4 million?  I might be a little short at Shioctin, I will be bringing 10,000 rnds, I guess I will owe you guys!!
Unfortunately 3000rnds of 223 wolf to keep the cost lower,   brass rules though
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:27:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Nobody ever told any of my firearms that Wolf wasn't real ammo.  They have been digesting it just fine for quite a while now.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Nobody ever told any of my firearms that Wolf wasn't real ammo.  They have been digesting it just fine for quite a while now.

I have heard it runs good, I like brass because it is not as hard on the gun, brass is softer than steel, vs using steel case on steel parts of the gun. Full auto has a tendency to use more rounds than usual, and as a safety precaution against wear and tear on the gun.

Thanks for the heads up on wolf running good.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:24:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Sig,

Glad to have met you Sun. @ the club on the 25 meter.

Batch114
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:20:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Oh ya all new members must let the VP put the frist round down range with your RRA(LOL)
RCLRC NOT AR 15.com members
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:01:31 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Oh ya all new members must let the VP put the frist round down range with your RRA(LOL)
RCLRC NOT AR 15.com members

First round has gone threw it but you are welcome to shoot it anytime I have it there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top