Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/7/2006 10:37:52 AM EDT
Is the waiting period for handguns still 3 days in WI.?

I remember when I had my hunter's safety course (8th grade) that our instructor (Mr. Olson) told us the reason for the 3 day waiting period was a "cooling off" period - that way if somebody was pissed, they had to wait 3 days to take possession of a handgun and by that time, they would have cooled off.

I always thought it was a bullshit law, but when I lived there, I had to abide by it.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:49:19 AM EDT
per the wisconsin legal FAQ by Glenn_r it's 48 hours.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:14:45 AM EDT
TWO DAYS !!!!

....... BUT I'M PISSED OFF NOW!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:23:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Throttle-Junkie:
TWO DAYS !!!!

....... BUT I'M PISSED OFF NOW!!!!!

Thats twice today I've seen the homer simpson but I'm mad/pissed now comment in a waiting period thread
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:35:25 AM EDT
yeppers 48 hours :P although alot of places make you wait 3 days
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:21:15 PM EDT
Brother Cheap..... nice posts on AF&A.M.'s on the other boards.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:07:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BigGeorgeC: Brother Cheap..... nice posts on AF&A.M.'s on the other boards.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:33:31 PM EDT
14 days in Connecticut for a rifle unless you have a pistol permit, You can't buy a handgun without one ,

If it is a "cooling off period" it shouldn't apply to people who already own guns , No need to cool off before you go to the closet to get the 12 gauge to kill the old lady.
It's bullshit, Plain and simple , just another gun law they were able to get past the uniniated , "for the children". Why don't you ask Bonnie Elmasri <SP?>about the waiting period, Oh wait right YOU CAN"T FUCKING ASK HER SHE"S DEAD!!!! right here in Wisconsin her ex husband killed her and her kids (so much for , for the children) before the 48 hours was up. too bad soooo sad, she was waiting to pick up her gun for self defense though, I do feel better about that. <sarchasm off>
Top Top