Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 6:44:43 PM EDT
Hiya
I got another call from Jesse today he sounded really pissed.The ds are not really letting up and i geuss there not doing a lot of training like they should be and.Some of the other guys there keep telling him i am going to cheat on him and all that.Plus, on top of it they may have to stay after Graduation for awhile longer.But he did run 10miles today and passed that so thats good.My mom who was in bootcamp but got hurt said she thinks there mostly just messing with his head in which i agree.But hes not getting any mail either which he should be.This is fusterating but i just make jokes and make him laugh when he calls.
 Jessica-
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:02:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey Jessica,

Jesse may have to perform his function in an extremely stressful environment.
They're trying to prepare him for that.
They're building his tolerance for mental anguish just like they're building his physical stamina.
Everything's going to be fine.

You're doing right to try to relieve his stress whenever you can.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:38:52 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 To what T_J said.

He'll be alright.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:18:55 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 million

DI's are by designed to abuse you physically and mentally (First hand knowledge here so no flames about arm chair commandoes please),  it's they're job. As far as his platoon mates go, well, you know there is always gonna be a jerk or two in any crowd that feels like screwing around with someone.

Jesse is gonna feel like crap and he may feel that he's in this alone which to a certain degree is true. What really helped me through the bad times was the reassurance I received from the home front.

I'm postive that he is have a rough time of it right now but please tell him that it will pass. If he had the gear to join up in the first place then he's got it to finish.

Please let Jesse know we're all with him right now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:22:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Better to sweat in training then bleed in battle!

The D.I.s are doing everything in there power to keep Jesse alive so he will be able to return to you.

All the training and mind f_cking is done for a reason to make sure if Jesse deploys he will come home.

There is no training that is close to real Combat we all know that.

We all also know that are Military is the best trained and equipped in the world.

The best thing you can do for your husband is give him your support and love.

BCT is ruff I know because I did it and I was also a D.I.. 1972-1978

Make sure you send lots of mail and if you can phone calls are great!

Try not to give him bad news about home if you can He needs to stay focused on his training.

Let him know that you are there for him and will be faithful and wait for him no matter what

Keep your life personal I seen a post where you said you was going to move something to do with his mother I know you were just venting but do it with a friend there is a chance that Jesse could see that or be told by someone else about it then he will start to freak out about home.

God Bless You & Yours

P.S. Tell Jesse that I am Proud to know him.

Mark Phillips
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:10:12 PM EDT
[#5]
well thanks i know what i am doing and i only tell him good things and what he needs to know.So i know everything i post he'll read.And he cant read it now anyways.
Jessica

Thanks everyone for caring about Jesse!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:20:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't sweat it on the whole wife/girlfreind is leaving you stuff, that's playing the numbers, occasionally it does happen, but placing that thought in his head shouldn't hurt him any unless he's feeling really insecure, like a worst case scenario preperation.  As far as the mail, as long as the addy is good, he should receive it sometime.  Most of that relys on the APO system, and on how his class is performing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Well i did finaly get a couple letters from him and he said he got like 5letters from me finaly.And some photos i sent him also.Hes also recieved a couple of the letters from his parents i believe.I hope he gets to come home with us after Graduation but he said they may have to stay a little longer afterwords.
 Jessica-
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:33:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Good to hear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top