Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2003 9:27:23 PM EDT
Cost: $7.50-$8
Where: Fletcher Arms, in Waukesha, 1PM on 6/29
What: Pistol match

Rules:
No rimfires
No sighting systmes (lasers/scopes/etc) other than iron sights
Minimum ammo capacity of 6rds (5+1 ok)...
Anything else is fair game, incl small-caliber centerfire pistols (but if you bring that .25ACP mouse-gun with the 2in barrel, be sure you can hit bull at 50ft with it)...

Targets:
NRA 50ft slow-fire bullseyes

Method:
The shooter will place his target at 50ft, load 6 rounds, fire them as accurately as possible, change mags/re-load 6 more, fire for accuracy, and retrieve the target for scoring.

The 6-reload-6 format is designed to ensure that everyone fires the same amount of ammo at each target, and that everyone reloads once (otherwise some would be able to fire continuously without lowering their gun, and others would need to re-load).

Rinse-and-repeat for all present
==============================================

This one WILL happen that day, WILL NOT be rescheduled, and so on...

Please sound off if you're coming...
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:06:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey, I would like to come! I'll have to see how the date works out, but it sounds good!

Um, how much time to take those six shots? NRA Slow fire would be 10 minutes for 10 rounds...  and anything over about 5 minutes and you start throwing empty brass at the slowpokes...

Timed Fire is 20 seconds for 5 shots... that's moving briskly... so 20 seconds for 6 shots would make things move fast!

Then NRA Rapid Fire is 10 seconds for 5 shots... at this point my SA sixgun is at a disadvantage unless we say semiautos don't get to reshoot malfunctions!

I vote for fun shooting... so whatever is fine by me.

Pete
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:00:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hey, I would like to come! I'll have to see how the date works out, but it sounds good!

Um, how much time to take those six shots? NRA Slow fire would be 10 minutes for 10 rounds...  and anything over about 5 minutes and you start throwing empty brass at the slowpokes...

Timed Fire is 20 seconds for 5 shots... that's moving briskly... so 20 seconds for 6 shots would make things move fast!

Then NRA Rapid Fire is 10 seconds for 5 shots... at this point my SA sixgun is at a disadvantage unless we say semiautos don't get to reshoot malfunctions!

I vote for fun shooting... so whatever is fine by me.

Pete

1 shot/minute seems on the long side...

Then again, we're not emptying a 30rd mag in 30 seconds, ala the Boone shoot...

Something in between seems good, like '30 sec per shot or we call you a slowass' [j/k], but I don't think a hard & fast time limit will be needed... We'll see... The format is 12 shots with one mandatory reload-from-empty at the halfway point, so that means approx 6 minutes per pass...

However, if I don't get enough RSVPs, then it may not get pulled off...

I will be at Fletcher Arms this Sunday (the 29th), at 1PM. If no one shows, I'll just do some shooting for an hour or so and go home... If we get enough people, it's a go... I will NOT pull a last-minute reschedule this time.

So RSVP please...
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:58:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in Chicago that day, HOWEVER, I will for sure make the trip if some other people are going to be there!  Who else is going?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#4]
OK...

Tomorrow...

1PM

Fletcher Arms Inc: (262) 549-4488  
1441 E Main St
Waukesha, WI 53186

See you there...
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:14:13 AM EDT
[#5]
OK, I'm getting ready to head out, about 11:30.  I should be there about 12:45.  Hopefully we get a decent turnout!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top