Link Posted: 12/23/2019 5:52:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pestilence12:
@stoner01
@mjb

Refer to my post above for a medical meet up in January
View Quote
In +1. Will be paying for parts for one (1) med kit.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 7:17:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in.

I'll take a kit if they are still available.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm  in for sure.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#5]
@Sheddy
@Bitmap
@Wulf202
@SecurityForcesmember
@Kiltakaze

Refer to my post above, confirming the medical meet up in January.
View Quote
I won’t know until the new duty schedule is released the first week of January.

Tactical_Bacon deff knows more on the medical side than myself. I could deff function as an assistant instructor for
him but would in no way want to teach him.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 8:51:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SecurityForcesmember:

I won’t know until the new duty schedule is released the first week of January.

Tactical_Bacon deff knows more on the medical side than myself. I could deff function as an assistant instructor for
him but would in no way want to teach him.
View Quote
That's what I'm sayin

But I'll lead a bls/stb class
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 10:31:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Add the info for the meetup in the first post on the thread.

I’ll dig though the stuff and see what I’ve got.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm in
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#9]
So, just got my on call schedule for next year.  I'll be on call that Saturday.  We're still going to try and make it out.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 2:35:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Just saw the thread and would like to go, but it is my wife's Birthday and I don't think it will fly.

Keep me on the list. I am up for hiking, shooting, radios, med training, mountain biking ...
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 3:55:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 12:53:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm on call...
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 9:10:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow, glad to see this happening! Guess I should check the HTF more than once every few months.

I won't make the Greeley meetup because my kid has a hockey game in Monument that day, but interested in future meetups. I've got a Baofeng I should learn how to use and would also be interested in learning reloading.

Former EMT/FF, Franktown area. I shoot out at Ben Lomond Gun Club and I can take guests for free if anybody is in the area.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 3:18:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Alright, I'm in.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 11:49:29 PM EDT
[#16]
In...
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 10:25:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#17]
UPDATE

I REALLY, really hate to do this.

But times got hard this week. I've been unemployed for a month and money dried up fast. Started a new job but I wont be paid for two more weeks. I thought I could power through and be there for you guys. But I just hit my final straw.

My car is destroyed. A watermelon-sized rock rolled into the road while I was going 70 mph and I couldn't avoid it. It sheared off the oil pan bolt, gouged a chunk out of my transmission, tore off the undercarriage plate, punched a hole in my catalytic converter, and bent the everloving shit out of a cross brace.

My car is puking oil and doesnt drive straight. I have a mechanic appointment Saturday, which is the soonest I can get it in around my work schedule.

I'm using the family truck but it guzzles gas, so no extra driving due to cost.

So I cant make it

@BootScootin
@stoner01
@Bitmap
@BEAST556
@PainKillaX
@mjb

Sorry guys. There were some medic guys who were going, they can probably share more than I could anyways. I'll PM them.

I still encourage meeting, and am embarrassed that this happened and I just cant make it.

Sorry all. It's been a rough day
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 10:39:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stoner01] [#18]
UPDATE

But times got hard this week. I've been unemployed for a month and money dried up fast. Started a new job but I wont be paid for two more weeks. I thought I could power through and be there for you guys. But I just hit my final straw.

My car is destroyed. A watermelon-sized rock rolled into the road while I was going 70 mph and I couldn't avoid it. It sheared off the oil pan bolt, gouged a chunk out of my transmission, tore off the undercarriage plate, punched a hole in my catalytic converter, and bent the everloving shit out of a cross brace.

My car is puking oil and doesnt drive straight. I have a mechanic appointment Saturday, which is the soonest I can get it in around my work schedule.

So I cant make it

@BootScootin
@stoner01
@Bitmap
@BEAST556
@PainKillaX
@mjb

Sorry guys. There were some medic guys who were going, they can probably share more than I could anyways. I'll PM them.

I still encourage meeting, and am embarrassed that this happened and I just cant make it.

View Quote
No worries brother. You take care of you first. We will sort it out.
...............................................................................................

With that being said, I am on call but plan on going and bringing the wife along. I will bring some gear with me to share. We can hold off on the med supplies thing until you can get on your feet @pestilence12
If anyone has more medical experience than me, feel free to take over, but I will volunteer to run shit for this gathering unless I'm stuck on an emergency.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 10:54:42 PM EDT
[#19]
UPDATE

So I cant make it

@BootScootin
@stoner01
@Bitmap
@BEAST556
@PainKillaX
@mjb

View Quote
Fuuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkk! Work through the problems and remember better times are just around the corner. I’d offer my Jeep as a loaner but that bitch is a gas guzzler too.

Link Posted: 1/14/2020 11:05:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Life happens, don't sweat it!

If a handful of other people are still game to go, I'll be there. Worst case scenario--none of us know anything useful, we cut out early for a beer or two, and know each other better for the next.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 11:12:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#21]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

No worries brother. You take care of you first. We will sort it out.
...............................................................................................

With that being said, I am on call but plan on going and bringing the wife along. I will bring some gear with me to share. We can hold off on the med supplies thing until you can get on your feet @pestilence12
If anyone has more medical experience than me, feel free to take over, but I will volunteer to run shit for this gathering unless I'm stuck on an emergency.
View Quote
That's awesome man thank you.

These are the kits I was going to supply:

Attachment Attached File

I cant recommend them enough. I've used them, they're excellent. They're about 30 on Amazon after shipping.

This is the kit I think most would be interested in that I was going to show (I have 4 others in varying sizes and ingredients)

Attachment Attached File

And what's inside:

Attachment Attached File

Not all this comes in the basic kit. But the biggies are in there.

Kit list: 1 tourniquet; 1 Israeli bandage; 2 hyfin vents; 1 shear; 1 sharpie; 2 pair gloves; 1 blood stop bandage; 1 ABD pad; 2 ammonia pads; 1 roll tape; 1 pack burn gel; 4 antiseptic wipes; 1 triangle bandage; 5 butterfly strips; 5 bandaids; 4 gauze pads; 1 extra absorbant 4x4 pad

Feel free to ask questions. Or if you want to see the others (small, medium trauma, large trauma, blow out bag, or medics bag) let me know.

Again, sorry guys.

ETA I would argue that gloves are right up there among the most important thing to have. What good is helping some poor shot bastard if he gives you the HIV after? Always put gloves in any med kit.

Also avoid the black gloves. They're cool looking and super ninja tactical, but if you're feeling around for blood on an exit wound, it's hard to tell blood from other fluids on them (red on black is impossible to distinguish). Use nerdy blue or purple.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 11:19:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By nightdh:

Fuuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkk! Work through the problems and remember better times are just around the corner. I’d offer my Jeep as a loaner but that bitch is a gas guzzler too.

http://www.stjameslaf.org/editoruploads/images/Site%20Design/Sermon%20Blog%20Headers/If-you-want-to-make-God-laugh-tell-him-about-your-plans.jpg
View Quote
Thank you man. Really.

And that quote is the MF truth, story of my life for the last 2 months
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:14:19 AM EDT
[#23]
UPDATE

So I cant make it

@BootScootin
@stoner01
@Bitmap
@BEAST556
@PainKillaX
@mjb

View Quote
Where are you located?  I can provide transport if needed.  Or I can pitch in for gas for your family truck.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:18:34 AM EDT
[#24]
No problems man, priorities first. I'm still game for the meet either way.

Hope you get everything taken care of.

I also realized last night that I can purchase an ifak with my hsa on amazon so I'll probably go that route.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 11:55:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Damn. Do you have collision coverage?

I am heading to a salvage yard soon. What car? I'll look for parts
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 9:47:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Thank you man. Really.

And that quote is the MF truth, story of my life for the last 2 months
View Quote
If you already ordered us a bunch of the kits and would like us to buy them to get your funds back out let us know.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#27]

If you already ordered us a bunch of the kits and would like us to buy them to get your funds back out let us know.
View Quote
I agree.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 11:42:56 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
Agreed
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 12:17:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Yep. Let me know
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote
I wasnt able to order the kits I'm sorry guys. I'll do better once life settles down a bit and I can get paychecks in again.

These were the kits I was going to provide.

Great value and excellent quality. Comes with the bare minimum basics for trauma. See my post above for more ingredients.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 11:55:58 AM EDT
[#31]

I wasnt able to order the kits I'm sorry guys. I'll do better once life settles down a bit and I can get paychecks in again.

These were the kits I was going to provide.

Great value and excellent quality. Comes with the bare minimum basics for trauma. See my post above for more ingredients.
View Quote
Just making sure you didn’t have money tied up on us.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 12:42:09 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm  gonna hit the range since this didn't  materialize, if any one wants to go let me know.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Ok, Headcount time.

Need to have a solid headcount of all those still planning to attend in Greeley.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 1:46:31 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm in
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 2:07:52 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm in.

The meeting room is booked by me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 2:44:24 PM EDT
[#36]
I'll be there
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 9:16:32 PM EDT
[#37]
I can be there, although Beast556 had a great idea.  Maybe we could make it a range day, too, after the meet?  Or maybe a range day Sunday?
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 9:18:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stoner01] [#38]
I'm on call so a range probably won't be in the cards for me.
Although,  I'll probably bring some gear with me just in case
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Range would be fun after if time permits for me. I'll bring my stuff just incase
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#40]
I may have to bow out, was really looking forward to the med training. Have some new kits (NAR and Adv Medical) that I was going to bring.

I have to be up there the following weekend for a volleyball tournament, so if you try to move it, I'll come up then (1/25).
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:14:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Sorry I’m late seeing this. I’m still going. I have a bag full of training supplies. Even if one person is coming, we’ll get something good
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 7:04:35 PM EDT
[#42]
A big Thank You to everyone who came and contributed.  I know I learned a lot.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks to everyone that made it, I think we had 9 total?  Good training/refresher/conversation.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 10:27:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Thanks to everyone for coming out. Apologies for talking too much and the random tangents
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 10:52:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks guys, I enjoyed it and learned a lot. Every bit of info was helpful to me
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:59:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:51:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:14:27 PM EDT
[#48]
An excellent meeting.  I appreciated all of the discussions.  Thanks to all who participated.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:35:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Dang guys I would have loved this.  Please count me in on the next run.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Count me in on the next one as well. I've been meaning to meet more people since moving here
Page / 4
CO/NoCo Battle Buddies (Page 3 of 4)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top