Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/2/2006 7:39:05 PM EDT
E Days, engineering days, is a Colorado School of Mines tradition. We have THE BEST DAMN fireworks show period, the best local car show, and a very humorous card board boat race down the kyak course on clear creek.

Fireworks are on our football field, 9pm thursday.
Car show is saturday 9-1pm
BBQ 1:30pm right by the show.

Everclear is in concert on friday night, but its everclear.

I am running the car show, and it should be a good time. If any of you guys have a cool ride that you want to show off at a local show, we have the show. Entry includes a show T-Shirt, entry for our raffle prizes, and car show space. Also, there should be beer & food sometime during the day from the school.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:23:49 PM EDT
So, is anybody coming by?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:36:11 AM EDT
Could you post some directions to get to the events? I am not familar with Golden. As close as I get is the Taj Mahal/courthouse. Thanx!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:55:51 PM EDT
I go to school in Fort Collins now, but I graduated from golden high school and lived my whole life there. I used to love e-days. We used to go and stand by the fence at the football field. The ash from the fireworks used to rain down on us.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:20:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/4/2006 4:21:41 PM EDT by CSM]

Originally Posted By craigsar15:
Could you post some directions to get to the events? I am not familar with Golden. As close as I get is the Taj Mahal/courthouse. Thanx!

Here is a link to a map of where campus is. You can get good seats for the fireworks in Lions park, but you had better be there early.

The Car show is on Elm Street & 17th, right off 19th st. BBQ should be right by the car show.

You should be able to find your way from panning/zooming around on that map. Let me know if you need anything more specific.

Edit- Keep in mind, the fireworks are big, and you will be able to see many of them from all over Golden and Mines campus.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:04:36 AM EDT
ETA on the fireworks...

The E-Days Fireworks show scheduled for tonight (Thursday) has been postponed. It will now take place at 8:30 PM tomorrow (Friday) night. The wind was too strong to have the show tonight. Sorry for the inconvenience.

boom, boom...
Top Top