BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 2:56:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If the rules say it has to go back to the house because of an amendment, then that’s probably what will happen. I hope it delays this a little. If not, then let’s hope we get an injunction when this becomes law.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Washington
Democrats
Guns

Nashville
Cynicism

If the rules say it has to go back to the house because of an amendment, then that’s probably what will happen. I hope it delays this a little. If not, then let’s hope we get an injunction when this becomes law.

of course it is ridiculous, they don't want ANY guns in private hands (ultimately). The fact that it is inconvenient, ambiguous, poorly written, confusing, etc. is a "feature" not a "bug."

The work around though is that you drive to Idaho, ship it from there, have it shipped back to Idaho, pick it up, drive back to WA.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

of course it is ridiculous, they don't want ANY guns in private hands (ultimately). The fact that it is inconvenient, ambiguous, poorly written, confusing, etc. is a "feature" not a "bug."

The work around though is that you drive to Idaho, ship it from there, have it shipped back to Idaho, pick it up, drive back to WA.
View Quote

That might be an option or even Oregon for the time being as I’m in Western WA
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Senate has passed 11 bills today.  I hope we don't get a "Friday Surprise" and they ambush us with a 1240 vote......

So far, no floor amendments have been made by the Republicans to 1240.  Not sure why, as soon as it is one the calendar, they can propose amendments.  Maybe waiting to the last minute before adding to keep the D's off guard?
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Senate has passed 11 bills today.  I hope we don't get a "Friday Surprise" and they ambush us with a 1240 vote......

So far, no floor amendments have been made by the Republicans to 1240.  Not sure why, as soon as it is one the calendar, they can propose amendments.  Maybe waiting to the last minute before adding to keep the D's off guard?
View Quote
Even if they vote it in it still has to bounce back to the house due to the ammendment added. We have a tad bit of time left. I'll be making my last online order this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Even if they vote it in it still has to bounce back to the house due to the ammendment added. We have a tad bit of time left. I'll be making my last online order this weekend.
View Quote

You think we have at least a couple weeks?
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#6]
House and Senate are both now adjourned, Senate until 9:30 AM Monday, House until 1:30 PM Monday.  

So we bought a few days....
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 5:14:33 PM EDT
[#7]
My purchases are done, save for an extra set of muzzle shims. No idea if they’re part of the ‘parts’ equation.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 5:22:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
House and Senate are both now adjourned, Senate until 9:30 AM Monday, House until 1:30 PM Monday.  

So we bought a few days....
View Quote

I need until the 13th. My Form 4 SBR finally was approved after a 274 day wait and now I still have to do the state mandatory wait even though it’s already transferred in my name and a background check was completed. Not a happy camper to say the least.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 5:59:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I need until the 13th. My Form 4 SBR finally was approved after a 274 day wait and now I still have to do the state mandatory wait even though it’s already transferred in my name and a background check was completed. Not a happy camper to say the least.
View Quote

William Kirk posted a video that he thinks the transfer of an item from an FFL to an individual should still be legal because the bill doesn't ban transfer OR possession, it actually only bans sale and distribution. So long as the transaction happened before the effective date then he thinks you're good to go even if the transfer happens after.

HOWEVER he retracted that video because, although he thinks he's legally correct, a bunch of FFL's said that they would not be willing to take that kind of legal risk and fight a huge lawsuit to salvage a few days sales, and that his video was causing customers to make demands that they weren't comfortable with

TLDR; respectfully talk to the FFL and see what their appetite for legal risk is. It may not be technically illegal for them to complete the transfer but it's not risk free either
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

William Kirk posted a video that he thinks the transfer of an item from an FFL to an individual should still be legal because the bill doesn't ban transfer OR possession, it actually only bans sale and distribution. So long as the transaction happened before the effective date then he thinks you're good to go even if the transfer happens after.

HOWEVER he retracted that video because, although he thinks he's legally correct, a bunch of FFL's said that they would not be willing to take that kind of legal risk and fight a huge lawsuit to salvage a few days sales, and that his video was causing customers to make demands that they weren't comfortable with

TLDR; respectfully talk to the FFL and see what their appetite for legal risk is. It may not be technically illegal for them to complete the transfer but it's not risk free either
View Quote

Yes I saw that video and had some hope and then noticeed it was removed with a follow up video. Anyway, my FFL is by the book, worse case, it will sit there until courts say to give me my paid for and in my name property.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:19:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Current educated guess is that SHB 1240 passes through the Senate late Saturday 4/8, and then heads back through the House 4/12 through 4/14.

This timeline would allow governor idiot to sign into law April 17 or 18th.

We Think We Know When Washington's Assault Weapon Ban Will Pass Out of the Senate
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:54:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Current educated guess is that SHB 1240 passes through the Senate late Saturday 4/8, and then heads back through the House 4/12 through 4/14.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qArkfzRCvm0
View Quote

May the signer have projectile vomiting and explosive diarrhea the week of the 17th-21st.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:00:39 PM EDT
[#13]
A friend of mine pointed out a "significant" date coming up, one that is likely to be "too juicy" for the anti-gunners to look past for the publicity and "look at what we've accomplished" factor......

4/20.  as in 4/20/1999.  Columbine.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A friend of mine pointed out a "significant" date coming up, one that is likely to be "too juicy" for the anti-gunners to look past for the publicity and "look at what we've accomplished" factor......
4/20.  as in 4/20/1999.  Columbine.
View Quote

It’s also Adolf’s birthday, so Inslee will be celebrating
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 12:43:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

That should be the memes posted to IG, FB, Twitter, etc. that day.  "To celebrate the birthday of one of the greatest heroes of gun control (Adolf Hitler), Governor Inslee signs gun ban bills."
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:17:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That should be the memes posted to IG, FB, Twitter, etc. that day.  "To celebrate the birthday of one of the greatest heroes of gun control (Adolf Hitler), Governor Inslee signs gun ban bills."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We couldn’t get that lucky. I’d post them everywhere.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 1:33:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

????
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:17:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qArkfzRCvm0
View Quote

Big surprise.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Question: If I have a stripped lower, do I technically need to assemble it into a firearm ahead of the ban for it count as grandfathered?

Specifically why - you have to show "provenance" for some of the inheritance use cases, as I understand it. To support that I'm taking photos of all my semi-auto's and going to find a way to timestamp them. This will prove I owned the gun before the ban.

But for the stripped lowers if I take a photo of it as a stripped lower and that doesn't count that I could prove I'm *not* grandfathered. So I don't want to take the photo unless it counts.

ETA: For clarity I have all the parts, upper and lower, just need to get off my lazy butt and put it together.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 8:34:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Question: If I have a stripped lower, do I technically need to assemble it into a firearm ahead of the ban for it count as grandfathered?

Specifically why - you have to show "provenance" for some of the inheritance use cases, as I understand it. To support that I'm taking photos of all my semi-auto's and going to find a way to timestamp them. This will prove I owned the gun before the ban.

But for the stripped lowers if I take a photo of it as a stripped lower and that doesn't count that I could prove I'm *not* grandfathered. So I don't want to take the photo unless it counts.

ETA: For clarity I have all the parts, upper and lower, just need to get off my lazy butt and put it together.
View Quote

No disrespect meant by this, but who the fuck cares?
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 11:01:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Concurred. If you are asking this question, you are trying to hard to be ‘good’ about something that is an absolutely victimless ‘crime’ (malum en se vs. malum prohibitum).
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 12:30:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you pass down your gun to your kids they need proof you owned the gun before the ban. Taking a photo that is timestamped provides them that proof.

I'm trying to get that part right
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 8:41:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If you pass down your gun to your kids they need proof you owned the gun before the ban. Taking a photo that is timestamped provides them that proof.

View Quote

Not sure how old your kids are, but this should all be overturned before that and if it isn’t, then we have bigger problems to worry about.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 11:06:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but your ownership is grandfathered. Theirs isn't. You won't be passing them on as per this law.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but your ownership is grandfathered. Theirs isn't. You won't be passing them on as per this law.
View Quote

From what someone explained awhile back, if your kids are alive now during the passing of the law, they are still considered grandfathered. Your future grandchildren are not. This BS is beyond ridiculous
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

From what someone explained awhile back, if your kids are alive now during the passing of the law, they are still considered grandfathered. Your future grandchildren are not. This BS is beyond ridiculous
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As others have already said, it the SCOTUS does not strike all this down - they will kill the grandfather clause in next year's session in Olympia.  We are not gaining anything by being silent and compliant while we are stripped of our rights.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Just for the record, I gave all my firearms to my kids a year ago. They subsequently gave them all to their children. I’m just safely storing them in my safe at the moment. So, FJI/FBF.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 1:03:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
As others have already said, it the SCOTUS does not strike all this down - they will kill the grandfather clause in next year's session in Olympia.  We are not gaining anything by being silent and compliant while we are stripped of our rights.
View Quote

I am betting on this. As I’ve said before, 1639 was the precursor, the mag ban came next and now the current AWB - which previous iterations included no subsequent transfers/passing on and required registration. That came off, but WILL be back. All along, how many times have your heard FJI/FBF say ‘these weapons have no place in our community’. To me that is crystal clear they don’t even want you keeping what you already own.

ETA: wouldn’t surprise me in the least if they also come back for mags, implementing the previously removed pieces around restricting where they can be used, as well as going for further limiting how many rounds you can load, if not outright banning ownership.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Well if they try and take them, let’s see where that goes.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the section: (d) The receipt of an assault weapon by a person who, on or after the effective date of this section, acquires possession of the assault weapon by operation of law upon the death of the former owner who was in legal possession of the assault weapon, provided the person in possession of the assault weapon can establish such provenance.

So to inherit the gun the onus is on the heir to "establish" that the gun was lawfully owned by the person who willed it to them, it's an affirmative defense.

Anyway whether you agree with what I want to do or not I want to understand if the stripped lower counts.

Link Posted: 4/8/2023 2:14:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

That hasn't been my reading of it, but I'm not a lawyer and this law is designed to be flexible in its application.

Regardless the state doesn't know what I have and they will not be involved in the Inheritance of my firearms by my children.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I am betting on this. As I’ve said before, 1639 was the precursor, the mag ban came next and now the current AWB - which previous iterations included no subsequent transfers/passing on and required registration. That came off, but WILL be back. All along, how many times have your heard FJI/FBF say ‘these weapons have no place in our community’. To me that is crystal clear they don’t even want you keeping what you already own.

ETA: wouldn’t surprise me in the least if they also come back for mags, implementing the previously removed pieces around restricting where they can be used, as well as going for further limiting how many rounds you can load, if not outright banning ownership.
View Quote

We told everyone that 1639 was just setting up the legal definitions as a framework for a ban.

"There's no slippery slope, stop being paranoid, nobody wants to take your guns"
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That hasn't been my reading of it, but I'm not a lawyer and this law is designed to be flexible in its application.

Regardless the state doesn't know what I have and they will not be involved in the Inheritance of my firearms by my children.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The difference is who has the burden of proof. If the police find you with an assault weapon the burden is on them to prove you acquired it after the ban since your possession alone isn't illegal.

But if they find your kids with what used to be your gun the law requires your kids to "establish" that you owned it before the ban. They need an affirmative defense.

You can give them the gun without telling anyone but then they are at permanent legal risk unless you also give them proof of provenance.

Link Posted: 4/8/2023 3:42:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
they will kill the grandfather clause in next year's session in Olympia.  
View Quote
I know theyre going to try this because kalifornia did it. They're copy cats.

They know they have to do it asap because bruen is on their tail. Hopefully Benitez will hurry the fuck up and make a ruling so we can start attacking this bullshit here.

Link Posted: 4/8/2023 4:47:52 PM EDT
[#35]
04/08/2023 @ 1:45 PM
1240 is being debated right now, amendments are starting to go down in defeat......

bill will pass within next 2-3 hours.....

Link Posted: 4/8/2023 4:53:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
1240 is being debated right now, amendments are starting to go down in defeat......

View Quote
Surprised they're not waiting till afternoon/eveneing to do this.

But I guess it makes sense. They have to get this voted through quickly so it can get back to and voted out of the house
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

But I guess it makes sense. They have to get this voted through quickly so it can get back to and voted out of the house
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With every passing year, and every successful erosion of our rights, they get bolder and bolder.  They no longer feel the need to pass these things in the dark of night......
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#38]
So will Inslee sign this into law then next week or the week of the 17th?
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 5:29:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So will Inslee sign this into law then next week or the week of the 17th?
View Quote

At least one amendment has been adopted so far (from a Republican....), and the Committee amendment is still pending.  so at the very least, it won't land in the house schedule until next week....
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 5:33:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

At least one amendment has been adopted so far (from a Republican....), and the Committee amendment is still pending.  so at the very least, it won't land in the house schedule until next week....
View Quote

I was asking because of some inconsistencies on WGL videos. A couple days ago he said 1240 would bounce around the house 2-3 days and today he said a few hours. I sure hope the delay takes as long as possible.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Well if they try and take them, let’s see where that goes.
View Quote

As much as I hate to say it, this is where we are headed. They will keep on taking until something happens. I think next year will registration which we all know how that will end.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

As much as I hate to say it, this is where we are headed. They will keep on taking until something happens. I think next year will registration which we all know how that will end.
View Quote

As far as I’m concerned, everything I own was registered when I bought them. End of story.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

As far as I’m concerned, everything I own was registered when I bought them. End of story.
View Quote

That works for YOU. Possession isn't illegal and it would be on them to prove any illegal transfer took place. If you aren't planning on handing down your guns I think you're gtg.

The way the law is worded the burden eventually shifts to your heirs to prove their possession is lawful.

Keeping records would probably help them. An NFA tax stamp or document transferring assets to a trust would do it. I'm going to take some photos.

I think I've spent more time on this than it will take just to assemble the damn lower which was all my question was about
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That works for YOU. Possession isn't illegal and it would be on them to prove any illegal transfer took place. If you aren't planning on handing down your guns I think you're gtg.

The way the law is worded the burden eventually shifts to your heirs to prove their possession is lawful.

Keeping records would probably help them. An NFA tax stamp or document transferring assets to a trust would do it. I'm going to take some photos.

I think I've spent more time on this than it will take just to assemble the damn lower which was all my question was about
View Quote

My response was to the comment of mandatory registration that will be coming next.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 7:57:05 PM EDT
[#45]
1240 just passed in the Senate with amendments.

Now it goes back to the House for a rubber stamped approval on the amended version.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
1240 just passed in the Senate with amendments.

Now it goes back to the House for a rubber stamped approval on the amended version.
View Quote

There was one amendment, the crossing state line thing. Was there more added today?
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 7:58:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The difference is who has the burden of proof. If the police find you with an assault weapon the burden is on them to prove you acquired it after the ban since your possession alone isn't illegal.

But if they find your kids with what used to be your gun the law requires your kids to "establish" that you owned it before the ban. They need an affirmative defense.

You can give them the gun without telling anyone but then they are at permanent legal risk unless you also give them proof of provenance.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BS. Lack of provenance is irrelevant. The State has the requirement to prove guilt. Not the other way around.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#48]
So per the new version I can send an AR to an out-of-state gunsmith for service or upgrades?
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 8:12:25 PM EDT
[#49]
There was one amendment, the crossing state line thing. Was there more added today?
View Quote

It sounded like they adopted another amendment that allows inventory acquired prior to January 1, 2023 to be sold or transferred outside the state.

I could have details wrong though. I was listening off and on over the last few hours, and they kept mentioning parts of the new amendment as to why they would not accept other purposes changes.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 8:18:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It sounded like they adopted another amendment that allows inventory acquired prior to January 1, 2023 to be sold or transferred outside the state.

I could have details wrong though. I was listening off and on over the last few hours, and they kept mentioning parts of the new amendment as to why they would not accept other purposes changes.
View Quote

That doesn’t make much sense since 1240 never effected FFL’s from selling out of state. It only effected us lawful tax paying citizens from further purchases.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top