Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Wouldn’t it just go back to a braced pistol at that point?
View Quote

If you are planning on leaving on the brace after SBRing it, but I'm going to put a real stock on once I get my stamp back.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#2]
We’re starting to see approvals for F1s submitted in early March.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:01:22 PM EDT
[#3]
When the ATF approves a efile F1 for the braces, do you just get a email from them? Or a email saying not approved?
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:28:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I got an email from eforms saying it was approved and a PDF attachment with the form1 completed. That’s all I got.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 1:16:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We’re starting to see approvals for F1s submitted in early March.
View Quote

I still haven't got back the ones I submitted in January
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got an email from eforms saying it was approved and a PDF attachment with the form1 completed. That’s all I got.
View Quote

Thanks, I put 4 in on 2/28/23.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 5:35:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got my approval for my 3/9 application. 18 days, less than half the current average estimate.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just got my approval for my 3/9 application. 18 days, less than half the current average estimate.
View Quote
Individual?
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Individual?
View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I dont think half of mine or even all of them will make it in time
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 2:09:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Submitted 1/19 free eform, nothing yet.
View Quote

It is typical not to hear anything until you get contacted.

Glad that SBR'ing it doesn't fall under HB1240.. that would fricken suck if it did.

I don't have much experience with eForms 1's where there's an error causing a denial. I've dealt with Form 4 (paper) and just had to correct the error and resubmit it. Typically it gets resolved in a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I still haven't got back the ones I submitted in January
View Quote

Still nothing. I called and they just said "yup, pending". Any way to light a fire under them?
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#13]
So I received 2 approved F1s, & 2 that specified errors fir the model & serial #. Problem is, both were entered as correctly, at least as far as I can ascertain. I don't see the problem. Called tech branch & wound up leaving a msg for an examiner with a call back request.

At least my 2 CZ Scorp 3+ are SBRed now.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So I received 2 approved F1s, & 2 that specified errors fir the model & serial #. Problem is, both were entered as correctly, at least as far as I can ascertain. I don't see the problem. Called tech branch & wound up leaving a msg for an examiner with a call back request.

View Quote

Did you attach pictures of the engravings, such as the model and serial numbers?
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 10:43:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Glad that SBR'ing it doesn't fall under HB1240.. that would fricken suck if it did.

View Quote

I thought it did?
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 10:55:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I thought it did?
View Quote

It shouldn't, based on the law but that never stopped the ATF before
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 2:06:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Did you attach pictures of the engravings, such as the model and serial numbers?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did, & I have reviewed those same pics & I honestly don't see the error.  Currently waiting on an examiner to call me back.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 4:29:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I did, & I have reviewed those same pics & I honestly don't see the error.  Currently waiting on an examiner to call me back.
View Quote

Taking a guess here:  Is it an MKE MP5 clone?
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It shouldn't, based on the law but that never stopped the ATF before
View Quote

I could be wrong, but it sounds like an SBR under 30” would get rejected. But if you applied for one over 30”, it would be ok? Complete nonsense rule of course
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 10:51:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. SAM-7SFC. Rather rare. Looking to make an AK-104 clone with the barrel cut back to the thread collar.

I keep perusing the receiver pics & I can't see the issue with what I put in the make & serial # fields.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 11:45:59 AM EDT
[#21]
What did you put down for the name/address of maker and the make/ model?
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What did you put down for the name/address of maker and the make/ model?
View Quote

Arsenal-USA address in NV. The city/state is also stamped on the receiver.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 2:41:02 PM EDT
[#23]
You used the importer instead of maker. That could be it. Even though it says maker OR importer, I've been reading lately of denials from people who've used the importer. It seems they want the maker instead.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 2:57:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You used the importer instead of maker. That could be it. Even though it says maker OR importer, I've been reading lately of denials from people who've used the importer. It seems they want the maker instead.
View Quote

Possible, but he said the disapproval was for the serial number.  MKE serial numbers are pretty wacky which I why I guess it was an MKE

BTW, ATF is inconsistent on the maker/importer thing.  I’ve put the importer and it was approved, but yes, we’ve seen plenty of denials for that even though the box on the form says that you can put the maker OR importer.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Possible, but he said the disapproval was for the serial number.  MKE serial numbers are pretty wacky which I why I guess it was an MKE

BTW, ATF is inconsistent on the maker/importer thing.  I’ve put the importer and it was approved, but yes, we’ve seen plenty of denials for that even though the box on the form says that you can put the maker OR importer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only issues were model & serial #. Examiner called me back an hour ago & I emailed receiver pics, which apparently they did not have on file, & she confirmed I entered info correctly. Just sent the forms back as is, to requeue & finish processing. Just in time.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 3:31:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The only issues were model & serial #. Examiner called me back an hour ago & I emailed receiver pics, which apparently they did not have on file, & she confirmed I entered info correctly. Just sent the forms back as is, to requeue & finish processing. Just in time.
View Quote

Interesting, you can pull up the original application on eForms to verify if they really were attached.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 4:42:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Interesting, you can pull up the original application on eForms to verify if they really were attached.
View Quote

I originally intended to efile, but the system was dragging & it was taking more time than I have to wait due to the shadow of pending state legislation, so I went through Capital Armory because they had literally all my paperwork on file (Highly recommended, BTW, even with this glitch). CA CS said they actually didn't have access to the pics, which was surprising. The thing is, I filed 4 F1 apps through CA, & 2 of them went through without a hitch (already have the stamps in hand), which is a weird dichotomy. At any rate, I went to the USPS today & dropped off the original filed forms to go back to NFA for final approval.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 1:22:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So I am a 07 licensed gun manufacturer, I’ve done a few lowers and sold them here from 80% lowers I have more to do but don’t have time at the moment so it’s project for next fall or summer if we’re off for extreme heat. My question is can I still manufacture and sell out of state? What if I want to get 02 special occupation tax and make SBR’s again, I did that during Covid does this stop make that impossible as well? I use the FFL when I’m laid off durning the winter months for supplemental income. What if I buy or manufacture dealer samples for city, county, state or federal agencies?
View Quote

What about filing F1 to SBR an existing "grandfathered" rifle already in possession? Can that still be done under 1240? As I read it, a SBR should be legal as long as OAL >= 30", & I have a rifle that would still be "legal" as an SBR according to this definition.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 1:38:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What about filing F1 to SBR an existing "grandfathered" rifle already in possession? Can that still be done under 1240? As I read it, a SBR should be legal as long as OAL >= 30", & I have a rifle that would still be "legal" as an SBR according to this definition.
View Quote

I’m assuming once1240 becomes law, the ATF/ NFA branch will not approve anything out of WA. You can always explain the situation to the examiner that your SBR would still fall under the legal length per HB1240 and maybe they would make the exception and sign off on it
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 10:49:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I filed three in mid January on the same day. One came back today. The other two, still nothing. They were all identical submissions where the only difference was the serial number.

You would think they would run the background check once and do them in a batch but I guess they will do the same work three times.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 11:44:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you own a 16" AR it is already an "assault weapon" regardless of length. I don't see how swapping on a shorter barrel resulting in OAL under 30 makes a difference. It just meets the definition in even more ways, but that still adds up to the same thing.

Am I missing something?

ETA: I guess this would stop you from taking a non banned semi auto and cutting the barrel down so OAL was under 30 if that would be the only thing making it an assault weapon.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 4:49:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If you own a 16" AR it is already an "assault weapon" regardless of length. I don't see how swapping on a shorter barrel resulting in OAL under 30 makes a difference. It just meets the definition in even more ways, but that still adds up to the same thing.

Am I missing something?

ETA: I guess this would stop you from taking a non banned semi auto and cutting the barrel down so OAL was under 30 if that would be the only thing making it an assault weapon.
View Quote

This is what I was thinking, so confirmed with district ATF & NFA Tech. It's already "evil" as is, the only relevent, overlapping state issue being OAL, which is still within the state "legal", if unconstitutional, permissible minimum OAL limit with the specified length SBR barrel for this make/model. I only just got it a couple days ago, so I couldn't submit F1. Now I'm going to F1 it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 4:53:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is why I filed mine at 11.5" / 30" OAL. Fortunately, it was approved faster than I expected, so I won't have the opportunity to test that theory.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 11:47:17 PM EDT
[#34]
retracted—-googled it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 11:45:08 PM EDT
[#35]
I filed 2 paid Form 1's, they came back approved last week at 3am!  Kind of odd.  30 day approval.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 11:52:01 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm at 49 days for 4, and 42 days for another 4
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 12:20:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Just got one back today, at day 78. Had submitted two both on the same day back in January, the other came back a couple weeks ago.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#38]
I bought some parts in case my Form 1s did not go through, but they did.  I returned most of them but still have a pistol buffer tube that I got off the EE.  

If anyone who is not as fortunate as me needs it they can have it.  Just reply here.

EDIT:  Claimed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:48:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Submitted a bunch just last night, some under 30” OAL even.  All on the trust, as I did notarized documents putting them under the trust prior to the publication date.

Who really knows at this point.  Lots of room for ATF to play games with WA folks, and the AG’s office is no better.

Gonna go start a Form 4 on an SBR also- fuck em, I already own it, lets see what happens with stuff in the process.  

Sure wish Benitez would hurry up and stomp CA’s laws...And wish the brace lawsuits would move forward soon as well.  

My only regret is not having just done the Form 1’s on day 1, when maybe they could have been approved before the state BS passed.  The wait and see approach on the lawsuits has actually put me in a less fun position of having a higher likelihood for approval problems.

No matter what you do, it is wrong somehow.  Which is exactly the entire point of all this nonsense from ATF and the AG/legislators.  Just keep grinding us down...
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:56:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Thanks, I put 4 in on 2/28/23.
View Quote

Still nothing on mine yet.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:53:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Submitted a bunch just last night, some under 30” OAL even.  All on the trust, as I did notarized documents putting them under the trust prior to the publication date.

Who really knows at this point.  Lots of room for ATF to play games with WA folks, and the AG’s office is no better.

Gonna go start a Form 4 on an SBR also- fuck em, I already own it, lets see what happens with stuff in the process.  

Sure wish Benitez would hurry up and stomp CA’s laws...And wish the brace lawsuits would move forward soon as well.  

My only regret is not having just done the Form 1’s on day 1, when maybe they could have been approved before the state BS passed.  The wait and see approach on the lawsuits has actually put me in a less fun position of having a higher likelihood for approval problems.

No matter what you do, it is wrong somehow.  Which is exactly the entire point of all this nonsense from ATF and the AG/legislators.  Just keep grinding us down...
View Quote

Unless there’s a TRO they’re probably going to be denied, but stash those braces away somewhere safe.  If the brace rule gets struck down, you potentially could go back to where you were before.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:44:17 PM EDT
[#42]
So we possibly won’t be able to comply with the stupid ATF rule because of this damn ban. It’s fucking ridiculous. Let’s be real. Nobody is going to give up shit, and since you won’t be able to buy a 16” barrel anymore, no one will go that route either. The enemy knows this, part of the plan. I
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:54:09 PM EDT
[#43]
I submitted three in mid January. Two have come back. The third.... is about to hit 90 days and looks like it may make me a good candidate to be a plaintiff.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 8:10:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Unless there’s a TRO they’re probably going to be denied, but stash those braces away somewhere safe.  If the brace rule gets struck down, you potentially could go back to where you were before.
View Quote

No logic for ATF to deny it- already “assault weapons”...can’t make them “assaultier”.

They will deny it though because the AG will ask them to cut them off, and ATF under Biden will just continue to do whatever they feel like.  

No good options.  So fuck em.  Will have legal standing in the lawsuits to follow...
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 12:52:22 PM EDT
[#45]
I got a notarized bill of sale from myself to my trust pre Jan-31st. I haven't seen a single TRUST brace form 1 come back though, so I'm thinking of just submitting as an individual this weekend before 1240 gets passed.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 12:41:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I bought some parts in case my Form 1s did not go through, but they did.  I returned most of them but still have a pistol buffer tube that I got off the EE.  

If anyone who is not as fortunate as me needs it they can have it.  Just reply here.
View Quote

No one?

Going to PIF it in the GD Brace thread if no one takes it here.

EDIT:  Claimed.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:36:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Still nothing on mine yet.
View Quote

Just an update. 2 of the 4 amnesty form ones I did got approved yesterday. 2 more to go.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:47:00 PM EDT
[#48]
I’ll take it. I’m still waiting atm.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 2:28:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Good news!  Both of my re-submitted form 1s came back approved today!
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Still waiting on a handful from 2/15
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top