BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 10:13:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If the law passes as such then you will have to either remove the stock or put a longet barrel on it. Alternatively the law is not set in stone and the case could be made that sbrs should be grandfathered like everthing else. Imo that is one of the most likely things to not make it into the final bill. Iirc there are 2 bills and that is only in one of them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But the proposed WA AWB legislation includes a paragraph that prohibits ….. ownership …. and / or possession  …. of a Short Barrel Rifle.

How will we circumnavigate that?

If the law passes as such then you will have to either remove the stock or put a longet barrel on it. Alternatively the law is not set in stone and the case could be made that sbrs should be grandfathered like everthing else. Imo that is one of the most likely things to not make it into the final bill. Iirc there are 2 bills and that is only in one of them.

Which bill/s contain that language? I have read through all four versions and see that SBRs (rifles less than 26”) are classified as AWs but per the language would be grandfathered like any other AW. Did I miss something in the text?
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 5:08:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Which bill/s contain that language? I have read through all four versions and see that SBRs (rifles less than 26”) are classified as AWs but per the language would be grandfathered like any other AW. Did I miss something in the text?
View Quote

I am only aware of and have read the 2 awb not to say I really understand all of it. If i had 2 guess people are referring to the one you're talking about with the 26" rule. Some people seem to be reading this as an sbr ban. I don't know if they're right or wrong about that since I'm not a lawyer.

Eta my point being to the guy I quoted either way he won't have to destroy anything only modify it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

One of the bills under consideration in the House is HB 1240.  Here is a link:
https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?BillNumber=1240&Initiative=false&Year=2023#billhistorytitle

Scroll down half way and click on "HOUSE BILL ANALYSIS 2023"

There you can read:
Civil Rights & Judiciary Committee
HB 1240
Brief Description: Establishing firearms-related safety measures to increase public safety.
Sponsors: Representatives Peterson, Senn, Alvarado, Walen, Street, Springer, Simmons,
Reeves, Reed, Ormsby, Kloba, Fitzgibbon, Duerr, Doglio, Berry, Bateman, Fey, Davis,
Ramel, Bergquist, Fosse, Pollet, Lekanoff, Macri, Gregerson and Santos; by request of
Office of the Governor, Attorney General.
Brief Summary of Bill
Prohibits the manufacture, importation, distribution, sale, or offer for
sale of any assault weapon, subject to various exceptions for licensed
firearm manufacturers and dealers, and for individuals who inherit an
assault weapon.

Provides a violation of these restrictions constitutes a gross misdemeanor
and is actionable under the Consumer Protection Act.

Hearing Date: 1/17/23
Staff: John Burzynski (786-7133).
Background:
Firearms Regulations.
Firearms and other weapons are regulated under Washington law. Among other restrictions, the
state prohibits all persons from manufacturing, owning, buying, selling, loaning, furnishing,
transporting, possessing, or controlling any machine gun, bump-fire stock, undetectable firearm,
short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, subject to various exceptions.

......  and it goes on and on  ...  (and this is just an Analysis)
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#4]
There will be a grandfather clause and SBR’s are covered under RCW 9.41.010, which is different than the new legislation they are trying to pass.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#5]
What I’m wondering now, is if they ban braced pistols federally but let you amnistie register it, then deny the form 1 in 12 months once they get to it because WA has passed one of the four proposed AWB bills, which also bans parts. How do we get the parts to convert it to a non-NFA item?

Assuming anyone complies, and all these are not immediately stayed by law suites.

We need to pass a law like Florida has where legislators that pass a bill that is later deemed illegal are personally fined. It’s too easy for them to make up shit they know won’t fly, but takes us years and millions to fight in court.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 9:40:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What I’m wondering now, is if they ban braced pistols federally but let you amnistie register it, then deny the form 1 in 12 months once they get to it because WA has passed one of the four proposed AWB bills, which also bans parts. How do we get the parts to convert it to a non-NFA item?

Assuming anyone complies, and all these are not immediately stayed by law suites.

We need to pass a law like Florida has where legislators that pass a bill that is later deemed illegal are personally fined. It’s too easy for them to make up shit they know won’t fly, but takes us years and millions to fight in court.
View Quote

I’m gathering parts to convert mine to non-NFA now.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#7]
The parts thing is the portion I would like to know more about.

If I have a $1.00 part break, are they expecting me to be screwed and unable to replace it?
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 3:44:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If I have a $1.00 part break, are they expecting me to be screwed and unable to replace it?
View Quote
For a gun they define as an AW? Yep.

I think you can send it in to the manufacturer for repair though. I dont know for sure so dont quote me on that.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 4:21:06 AM EDT
[#9]
It is a good thing I can travel to other (more free) states.

I might pick up a souvenir here or there.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 4:39:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
For a gun they define as an AW? Yep.

I think you can send it in to the manufacturer for repair though. I dont know for sure so dont quote me on that.
View Quote

Yes, there is a provision that you can send it out of state for repairs or service.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I acknowledge that this may not be quite the correct thread, but wanted share my rant about wait times on form-4’s.
Started my process back in early November and back then wait times were ~180days (eforms)
Wait times now are up to ~270 days (eforms).

Just want my lawful suppressors.

Thanks for reading, carry on!
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 12:56:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I acknowledge that this may not be quite the correct thread, but wanted share my rant about wait times on form-4’s.
Started my process back in early November and back then wait times were ~180days (eforms)

View Quote

This is probably the thread you seek:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Struggling-to-cope-with-NFA-wait-times-support-group-thread/5-2567050/?page=1
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There will be a grandfather clause and SBR’s are covered under RCW 9.41.010, which is different than the new legislation they are trying to pass.
View Quote

The newly proposed legislation (HB1240) specifically amends RCW 9.41.010  

Sec. 2. RCW 9.41.010 and 2022 c 105 s 2 and 2022 c 104 s 2 are 23each reenacted and amended to read as follows:.......

https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2023-24/Pdf/Bills/House%20Bills/1240.pdf?q=20230130095756
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 4:12:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've been trying since mid January to upload my trust document via eforms & I can't get anything to go through, just hangs in the upload phase & eventually times out. I'm honestly thinking that the snail mail method is probably faster now.

ETA I went through Capitol Armory for an additional $85 on top of the $200 stamp cost since they already have all my trust & print documents on file. Crossing my finger on this one, but I've now got F1x4 submissions, so I now have "standing" for a CA suit if I get burned by this state. Come at me, Bob.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I suppose next year we'll all be scrambling to get last minute suppressors

Never mind, better start now
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 6:22:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 11:20:14 AM EDT
[#17]
So I am a 07 licensed gun manufacturer, I’ve done a few lowers and sold them here from 80% lowers I have more to do but don’t have time at the moment so it’s project for next fall or summer if we’re off for extreme heat. My question is can I still manufacture and sell out of state? What if I want to get 02 special occupation tax and make SBR’s again, I did that during Covid does this stop make that impossible as well? I use the FFL when I’m laid off durning the winter months for supplemental income. What if I buy or manufacture dealer samples for city, county, state or federal agencies?
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 12:18:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

What did I miss?
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So I am a 07 licensed gun manufacturer, I’ve done a few lowers and sold them here from 80% lowers I have more to do but don’t have time at the moment so it’s project for next fall or summer if we’re off for extreme heat. My question is can I still manufacture and sell out of state? What if I want to get 02 special occupation tax and make SBR’s again, I did that during Covid does this stop make that impossible as well? I use the FFL when I’m laid off durning the winter months for supplemental income. What if I buy or manufacture dealer samples for city, county, state or federal agencies?
View Quote

these the same agencies that enforce the gun laws we're talking about?
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The beast has to eat too, you know.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

You know I’m a retired LEO with 32 years of honorable service and screw supporting LE agencies. If we can’t have them, then don’t sell them to LE agencies either.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You know I’m a retired LEO with 32 years of honorable service and screw supporting LE agencies. If we can’t have them, then don’t sell them to LE agencies either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea I agree, my point was I can buy parts kits and build machine guns as government samples, that’s the catch so in order to buy certain parts that Washington State won’t allow you have to have a reason such as dealer sample. Full auto parts are not allowed by Washington law,
My question also reflects to can I build SBR’s to sell out of state? I’m wondering about if this passes will I be able to build SBR’s or SNS’s to sell out of state to free citizens? The government agencies is or was the loophole to get the parts.

ETA , back when I had it years ago I bought a registered drop in auto sear and was denied at first because of Washington’s no machinegun parts or machineguns, but when it was resimitted as a dealer sample it was approved. I also ended up having to selling it out of state when I surrendered my 02 SOT.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yea I agree, my point was I can buy parts kits and build machine guns as government samples, that’s the catch so in order to buy certain parts that Washington State won’t allow you have to have a reason such as dealer sample. Full auto parts are not allowed by Washington law,
My question also reflects to can I build SBR’s to sell out of state? I’m wondering about if this passes will I be able to build SBR’s or SNS’s to sell out of state to free citizens? The government agencies is or was the loophole to get the parts.

ETA , back when I had it years ago I bought a registered drop in auto sear and was denied at first because of Washington’s no machinegun parts or machineguns, but when it was resimitted as a dealer sample it was approved. I also ended up having to selling it out of state when I surrendered my 02 SOT.
View Quote

you should bring me on as an unpaid apprentice and teach me about building these
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 11:19:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yep.
View Quote

Have not read anything about suppressors. Care to share? Looking at picking up parts to make one of my 9mm a carbine if need be and whether or not i can get a suppressor makes a big difference on my barrel choice.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:44:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Have not read anything about suppressors. Care to share? Looking at picking up parts to make one of my 9mm a carbine if need be and whether or not i can get a suppressor makes a big difference on my barrel choice.
View Quote

If I had to guess they are referencing the excessive wait times for even e-filed Form 4’s. They aren’t 90 days or whatever the ATF said they would be but more like 200+ days. You need to be one legislative cycle ahead.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 3:44:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

@GreenMushroom

Nothing about suppressors this year other than banning semi-auto rifles with threaded barrels AND banning sales of handguns with threaded barrels. (Scroll down to my post on bill 1180)

My suspecion is they'll come after suppressors too in the next year or two. Why else ban threaded barrels for pistols on an AWB? Plus they cant be outdone by kalifornia.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 12:54:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So  I sent Mr Kirk a message through their website. If I don't hear back in a few days I'll give them a call.

Hi my names xxxxxx and I am a resident of Washington state. Being unfamiliar with nfa rules and owning a couple of braced pistols I've been doing a lot of reading and have a basic grasp of what is happening in that regard. I have run in to something that concerns me in regards to how Wa laws will effect the nfa applications whether they are the "free" or standard form 1.

My understanding is it is currently legal to use the nfa process to aquire a sbr in Washington. There is however as most are aware an AWB that is likely to be approved this year. The problem I see is that even if submitted today the nfa stamp is unlikely to be approved before the law goes into effect. If this is the case people with braced pistols are left with no recourse and will be denied.

Discussing this with some folks on a local web forum we came across a possible "loop hole". My understanding is the atf stance on pistol braces is when one applies for the "free" stamp one is admitting that the braced pistol is and always was an sbr. The pending Wa AWB is most likely going to include a grandfather clause so what I'm wondering is if signing up for the "free" stamp would then grandfather the pistol in question.

I'd like to know if Mr Kirk thinks this idea has merit and if so if he would be interested in representing myself or possibly a group of people in this matter.

Thanks
Xxxxxx
View Quote

Was there a response to this?
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 8:15:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Was there a response to this?
View Quote

I have not. I've not decided whether to bother calling him or not as I'm sure they're flooded with bs right now. I'm currently looking at parts to convert to carbines. There is no need to destroy anything imo and i can toss the braces in my fud cousins safe. My family is very much against the idea of me doing the "free" stamp so that isn't really looking like an option for me.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 8:29:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I have not. I've not decided whether to bother calling him or not as I'm sure they're flooded with bs right now. I'm currently looking at parts to convert to carbines. There is no need to destroy anything imo and i can toss the braces in my fud cousins safe. My family is very much against the idea of me doing the "free" stamp so that isn't really looking like an option for me.
View Quote

Hold the Lion Please: Mrs Bugs “Lola “ Bunny

Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:44:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 3:48:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Oh great, I just found an error on one of my Form 1s. Submitting a new one and back to the end of the line…
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:55:06 AM EDT
[#32]
https://youtu.be/yflSRRpTtww
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
https://youtu.be/yflSRRpTtww
View Quote
OK, starting off and heard the intro. Hit pause to come here and post; if it sounds to good to be true? It usually is. Especially in this context.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:53:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

OK, starting off and heard the intro. Hit pause to come here and post; if it sounds to good to be true? It usually is. Especially in this context.
View Quote

Well it’s a start and hopefully gives us a little hope that it’s not over and we and everyone else is still in the fight.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Like he said, has legs, but we'll see. The wait is really to see how the kali mag ban case come out.

I like hope. Hope is good...... till its dashed. We've all been putting up with an aweful lot of that over the years
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 7:53:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Hope is just the first step on the road to disappointment.

All I heard last year was “I hope they don’t pass the magazine ban”. Well we all know how that went. Was at the local gun shop yesterday and all I hear is “I hope they don’t pass an AWB”. It frustrates me, I’d bet none of them have taken the time to send emails. Course that didn’t do much last year with the magazine ban…. This just sucks!
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hope is just the first step on the road to disappointment.

All I heard last year was “I hope they don’t pass the magazine ban”. Well we all know how that went. Was at the local gun shop yesterday and all I hear is “I hope they don’t pass an AWB”. It frustrates me, I’d bet none of them have taken the time to send emails. Course that didn’t do much last year with the magazine ban…. This just sucks!
View Quote

They probably didn’t vote in Nov either, that’s why we are in this fucking shit show.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:32:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
They probably didn’t vote in Nov either, that’s why we are in this fucking shit show.
View Quote
Got to talkin with the gun counter guy at the local farm supply store. He really wasnt the gun counter he was filling in while the real gun counter guy was taking a break. We got into a conversation how hunting/fishing is taken over by the tribes and limits others. Then it turned into the anti gun laws coming up and how the politicians were responsible for this mess. He was indignant. I then brought up how according to voting numbers, to many conservatives stayed home and didnt vote. Had those people not been apathetic, we wouldnt have these politicians.

He got real quite at that. Thats what we're dealing with. People mad but dont vote.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:25:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Got to talkin with the gun counter guy at the local farm supply store. He really wasnt the gun counter he was filling in while the real gun counter guy was taking a break. We got into a conversation how hunting/fishing is taken over by the tribes and limits others. Then it turned into the anti gun laws coming up and how the politicians were responsible for this mess. He was indignant. I then brought up how according to voting numbers, to many conservatives stayed home and didnt vote. Had those people not been apathetic, we wouldnt have these politicians.

He got real quite at that. Thats what we're dealing with. People mad but dont vote.
View Quote

Exactly, well put Boom_Stick
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:05:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Vote! Vote! Vote!

It takes so little effort now.

Don't argue!

Just do it!

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If this AWB passes, we all need to become plaintiffs and hire WA Gun Law Mr. Kirk. I have spoke to him already about some pending NFA stuff and he is a good dude and has our best interests at heart.

We will need to get a TRO, so all of us that do have any NFA items pending can get this done and hopefully get all this BS thrown out.
View Quote

Three eform 1s currently pending. Please  count me in if/when it comes to this.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 3:06:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If this AWB passes, we all need to become plaintiffs and hire WA Gun Law Mr. Kirk. I have spoke to him already about some pending NFA stuff and he is a good dude and has our best interests at heart.

We will need to get a TRO, so all of us that do have any NFA items pending can get this done and hopefully get all this BS thrown out.

Same here!
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t have any pending but I will here soon, with the emergency bullshit clause added for no other reasons then to fuck us gun owners over I will need to get involved in the suit. That said, I’d get into the suit anyway to fight this bullshit communistic, socialistic take over and over reach.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I don’t have any pending but I will here soon, with the emergency bullshit clause added for no other reasons then to fuck us gun owners over I will need to get involved in the suit. That said, I’d get into the suit anyway to fight this bullshit communistic, socialistic take over and over reach.
View Quote

We need more like people to think this way. The trajectory of Washington over the last ten or fifteen years is a tragedy. I was born here, and never expected or wanted to leave. The forests, rivers, mountains,  deserts and yes, even the cities of this state are my home.

The tyranny that blossomed out of Seattle and her lapdogs in Olympia has impacted every corner of the state and numerous aspects of public life. While always liberal leaning, the city itself has devolved over a decade plus into a true socialistic hell hole with no tolerance for opposing views and street scenes that look like they're straight out of a third world country. This cannot be allowed to continue unchecked.

I assume it will always be a liberal-ish state, but we must restore a semblance of balance and protect our individual freedoms. I'll be staying to try to bring back aspects of the state I knew as a child for my own children to experience. It would be a shame for them to only know it as what it has become. Perhaps someday I'll be forced to move, but I hope that time never comes.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too. Literally also three.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 5:34:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

We need more like people to think this way. The trajectory of Washington over the last ten or fifteen years is a tragedy. I was born here, and never expected or wanted to leave. The forests, rivers, mountains,  deserts and yes, even the cities of this state are my home.

The tyranny that blossomed out of Seattle and her lapdogs in Olympia has impacted every corner of the state and numerous aspects of public life. While always liberal leaning, the city itself has devolved over a decade plus into a true socialistic hell hole with no tolerance for opposing views and street scenes that look like they're straight out of a third world country. This cannot be allowed to continue unchecked.

I assume it will always be a liberal-ish state, but we must restore a semblance of balance and protect our individual freedoms. I'll be staying to try to bring back aspects of the state I knew as a child for my own children to experience. It would be a shame for them to only know it as what it has become. Perhaps someday I'll be forced to move, but I hope that time never comes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel exactly like you do. I was also born here and lived my whole life here. While my dads family is from the east side his sisters all went to the west side and while not liberal, nor were my cousins the generation now are pathetic. I remember loving going to Seattle and hanging out Dow town, pike street, Seattle center and what not, now it’s a shining example of how liberal ideology works and I wouldn't go there for anything. This is sad as I would love to take my kids on the ferry to Bremerton to see the naval ships, last time I was there we toured the mighty mo and the Iowa. I’d love to take them to Pike Street, city center, China town, the wharf, even the zoo, now even if I attempted it the magic will be lost thanks to the scum and wondering if your going to be a police report.

This failed project has failed and every attempt to fix it, has only made it worse and there is no sorrow, it’s well let’s try this disastrous idea. These idiots and morons need to be tossed out of office because not have they fucked up their immediate world, now they are destroying my immediate world.we fight cancer, this is a cancer. I have set a checkout date though, if things are not improving be time I retire I’m not staying here. I honestly have been looking at other out of state properties as I don’t have a good feeling about the outcome thanks to to many non voters, to many “well, this doesn’t effect me”, and those that talk big but do little, I told one the other day I’m waiting to see how long you stand this time before you move your line in the sand.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Same here!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here!

I'm in 4 deep in eF1 apps. Post a thread with info when a CA suit is on, & I'll join.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 2:59:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Someone from WA commented on the Washington Gun Law YT channel that they contacted ATF and they told him that if an SBR ban goes into effect, the tax-exempt Form 1s would not work for a timestamp before the ban and they would deny the application.  I'm not surprised at all on that answer.

Assuming that's correct, it looks like a TRO would be our only hope for Form 1s still in processing status..
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 2:37:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Form 1 submitted 01/24/2023 was just approved. So there is hope there.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 6:33:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top