Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 10:44:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I just talked a buddy into moving up here from Nevada.  He his wife and adult daughter will get here in time to register to vote and will vote no.  Three more for us.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yall are bringing a sharp stick to a gunfight.

You wont win this in gunstores.  The math says they dont matter.  Do the math.

If you want to stop this, you have to turn the libmob against it.  You have to speak their language.

These are the kinds of posters that need to get plastered all over Seattle:

DON'T LEAVE POC DEFENSELESS IN THE FACE OF FASCISM, STOP 1639

WE DO NOT LET THE 0.01% BUY OUR LAWS.  NO 1639

THEY WILL NOT DISARM THE REVOLUTION, VOTE NO 1639

STOP FASCISTS.  STOP RACISM.  STOP 1639

WHY DOES THE 0.01% WANT US DEFENSELESS WITH 1639?!

1639 IS JUST WHAT TRUMP WANTS

Some will believe it without looking twice.  Some will start to doubt.  THAT is how we stop this.
View Quote
This is pure genius.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I talked to my co workers during lunch. None of them had any idea, they have all pledged no votes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 3:49:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Are these other images public domain?
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Are these other images public domain?
View Quote
Don't know, grabbed off FB.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#8]
This links to a countdown timer until the Nov 6 general election

https://w2.countingdownto.com/2258858
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Whats with the HIPAA encroachments? Does this bill do that??
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 1:27:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The waiver of confidentiality is nothing new, it has been part of the pistol purchase process since 1994.  Every time you sign the Application to Transfer Pistol at a dealer, you've signed that waiver.

That's the problem with the way they are presenting this initiative, it's hard to tell what is new and what is existing.  Everything new is supposed to be underlined, even new sections.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 1:52:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The waiver of confidentiality is nothing new, it has been part of the pistol purchase process since 1994.  Every time you sign the Application to Transfer Pistol at a dealer, you've signed that waiver.

That's the problem with the way they are presenting this initiative, it's hard to tell what is new and what is existing.  Everything new is supposed to be underlined, even new sections.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well not much of a change then really, but good sensationalism for our side.

Assuming we cant kill this, can the vague language get changed or better defined afterwards if we press for it? Like whats considered an appropriate locked up condition? In a locked vehicle out of sight should satisfy that. In a locked house on private property should be sufficient as well, otherwise you give power to the criminal! He's not suppose to be in a locked house stealing shit

And training every 5 years?! What are they gonnna do.... teach me SPORTS again?
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 4:12:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
In order to purchase an "assault weapon" you are required to waive your HIPPA rights, right to doctor/patient privilege.

You must waive a right to exercise another right.

Yes it already exists for pistols, this would apply to all semi auto rifles as well.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Assuming we cant kill this, can the vague language get changed or better defined afterwards if we press for it? Like whats considered an appropriate locked up condition? In a locked vehicle out of sight should satisfy that. In a locked house on private property should be sufficient as well, otherwise you give power to the criminal! He's not suppose to be in a locked house stealing shit

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you sure there's nothing new?

From the SOS website pdf copy:

Sec. 8. RCW 9.41.097 and 2018 c 201 s 6005 are each amended to
read as follows:
(1) The health care authority, mental health institutions, and
other health care facilities shall, upon request of a court, ((or))
law enforcement agency, or the state, supply such relevant
information as is necessary to determine the eligibility of a person
to possess a ((pistol)) firearm or to be issued a concealed pistol
license under RCW 9.41.070 or to purchase a pistol or semiautomatic
assault rifle under RCW 9.41.090.
Here's a jpg to preserve the formatting which was lost in the copy/paste. They added firearm. So you go to purchase a 10-22, and they get to review you for eligibility to possess ANY firearm, when they sold this as an "assault weapon" bill. The criteria for who is eligible based on psych records, is not defined. And of course that is a sliding scale, and subject to revision every year. And who is the state? Nothing in the section prevents a totally irrelevant agency such as the Department of Agriculture from pulling your record

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 11:17:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Stopping in to show support from WI.
Go get em guys.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 11:32:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Go get em guys.
View Quote
Welcome to the party pal!

They will come for you sooner or later. Today we're on the front lines. Once they steamroll us, they will expand.

Help us waste Bloomberg's money.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Here's a jpg to preserve the formatting which was lost in the copy/paste. They added firearm. So you go to purchase a 10-22, and they get to review you for eligibility to possess ANY firearm, when they sold this as an "assault weapon" bill. The criteria for who is eligible based on psych records, is not defined. And of course that is a sliding scale, and subject to revision every year. And who is the state? Nothing in the section prevents a totally irrelevant agency such as the Department of Agriculture from pulling your record

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/170924/1639_section_8-664542.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the SOS website pdf copy:

Sec. 8. RCW 9.41.097 and 2018 c 201 s 6005 are each amended to
read as follows:
(1) The health care authority, mental health institutions, and
other health care facilities shall, upon request of a court, ((or))
law enforcement agency, or the state, supply such relevant
information as is necessary to determine the eligibility of a person
to possess a ((pistol)) firearm or to be issued a concealed pistol
license under RCW 9.41.070 or to purchase a pistol or semiautomatic
assault rifle under RCW 9.41.090.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/170924/1639_section_8-664542.JPG
The way that reads, it applies to all firearms purchases.

That is very insidious.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:13:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Go get em guys.
View Quote
Brother!!!  Thanks for stopping by!  Thanks for the support.

@hawk78
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 11:48:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@hawk78
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go get em guys.

@hawk78
We're like the 14th cav regiment in the Fulda gap: a speedbump.

They've bumped us.  Let's bump back.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 3:40:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Have forwarded this flyer to the President of my old range in Idaho.
We had many Washington members as it was close by.

Should reach quite a few, sight in for hunting is soon.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#20]
The first of the yard signs just arrived.

Anyone living along I-5 north of Seattle, I'm looking for sites to place 4x8 billboards. I saw a bunch of sites that already have billboards but I need to figure out how to contact the land owners to get permission.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I can put some of the smaller yard signs in the public median in the Licton Springs area.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 9:24:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I can put some of the smaller yard signs in the public median in the Licton Springs area.
View Quote
Also 522 or any other arteries where lots of people sit in traffic.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 9:37:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Also 522 or any other arteries where lots of people sit in traffic.
View Quote
I can do that.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 10:13:27 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll be at the Oak Harbor event tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 12:00:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Work allowing............gonna try and make the University Place meeting.

ETA:  Nope  fuck........... kids' hockey practice.  Searching for another.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 4:34:47 AM EDT
[#27]
I stopped by a couple of shops I frequent. One had all the info and stickers and such out. Other shop, the two guys who run the place knew all about it and said thier regulars did too. I showed them the website and encouraged them to get some material posted. Also talked to some more of the guys at work that arent on my shift. Seems like everyone in my circle is on the same page.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 9:11:43 PM EDT
[#28]
At the Oak Harbor event, standing room only in a small conference room.

Over 100 people.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 9:19:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yesterday I got the first of the yard signs.
View Quote
From where?
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 9:50:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
From where?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yesterday I got the first of the yard signs.
From where?
NRA Campaign Field Representative. The distribution system needs streamlining. We might have a central pickup point fairly soon.

I've got 36 signs in my truck, PM me to coordinate picking some up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:00:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

NRA Campaign Field Representative. The distribution system needs streamlining. We might have a central pickup point fairly soon.

View Quote
OK thanks.

If anyone will be bringing some to Kitsap let me know.  My house is on a corner and I can post two signs.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 8:53:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
OK thanks.

If anyone will be bringing some to Kitsap let me know.  My house is on a corner and I can post two signs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK thanks.

Take a look here: https://www.nraila.org/grassroots/find-your-frontlines-activist-leader/

There really are not people standing by to deliver materials. A few of us have made extraordinary distribution efforts. Unlike the other side, no one is paying us for this. Are you able to travel to grab some signs? Could you bring a stack to Kitsap so others could grab them?

You might be able to connect with one of the CFR's at a grassroot workshop: https://www.nrailafrontlines.com/calender

ETA: Private Sector Arms posted pictures of a stack of yard signs. Call ahead to make sure they still have some. It's worth the drive to visit them. They are in the trenches, right next to Evergreen college, and they get some awesome videos of whack-o antifa wannabes who visit the shop.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#33]
There were 65 people at the monthly local gun range meeting last night.
45 people took 52 signs.

They had a pile of 50 bumper stickers, they were gone by the end of the meeting.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 7:50:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
OK thanks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK thanks.

The CFR just offered to fed ex signs to you. To make it worth our while, could we send you 20 signs to pass out to local shops on your side of the sound? PM me your address and we'll make it happen.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
There were 65 people at the monthly local gun range meeting last night.
45 people took 52 signs.

They had a pile of 50 bumper stickers, they were gone by the end of the meeting.
View Quote
I just brought some in to the Issaquah Sportsmen's club and it was like dropping a chicken in a piranha pool. People want to get this message out there.

For about 2 years I've been working on public outreach as an individual, trying to gather opposition to the anti-gun bills in Olympia. The response to 1639 has been 10 times what I've seen before.

We are gonna beat this thing. Soundly.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 8:39:51 PM EDT
[#36]
I missed the meeting at Custer, email was in the junk folder. I find it interesting what Hotmail uses for definitions to decide for me what goes to my inbox versus the junk folder. I can't seem to find anywhere to change the settings either.

Thank You TNC for you're efforts on all of this. I need to try to make it to a FNRL again. Dad is finally getting to the point I can leave Him home with My Wife or a few hours here and there.

I hope that We can get enough people out to vote on this, it is just the beginning. If you look at this, it is a genius design. A bunch of little "Oh, that's not so bad" rules that make getting the next wave of gun and mag bans so easy to do in the future, makes Me sick.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 9:22:52 PM EDT
[#37]
There's a meeting at the Vancouver Hilton right now.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#38]
There's a gun show in Centralia this weekend.  Anyone know if they are covered with signs, flyers, etc?

I'll be going down and could take some.  I live in the Dupont/Oly area.

Rob
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There's a gun show in Centralia this weekend.  Anyone know if they are covered with signs, flyers, etc?

I'll be going down and could take some.  I live in the Dupont/Oly area.

Rob
View Quote
Call Don at Private Sector Arms, see if he can hook you up.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 4:37:52 PM EDT
[#40]
I have a questions about how the storage requirement would work.  what if you are traveling in a RV?  Will you be required to install a safe in your RV to lock up your self defense weapons?  there already isn't much room in an rv.  what about if you are tent camping?
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I have a questions about how the storage requirement would work.  what if you are traveling in a RV?  Will you be required to install a safe in your RV to lock up your self defense weapons?  there already isn't much room in an rv.  what about if you are tent camping?
View Quote
Those are very good questions. When questions like this came up regarding 594, the AG's, prosecutors, cops, and everyone in authority declined to speculate.

Let's make sure you don't have to be the test case. We need to beat this thing.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 8:34:14 PM EDT
[#42]
It'll pass
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It'll pass
View Quote
Donald Trump has no path to 273.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 12:29:15 AM EDT
[#44]
West Coast Armory / Bellevue Gun Club was well stocked with flyers and bumper stickers today.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 1:36:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Today I dropped off 18 yard signs at Renton Fish & Game (12 at the rifle shack, 6 and the shotgun shack.)  I think they were going to put up a few of them, but should have extra available if you stop by and ask for one.

I'm also about 2 minutes away from RFGC and have 12 more available that are currently planned to be placed around the Renton Highlands.  If you stopping by RFGC on Sunday 9/16, PM me and I'll give you my cell phone number.  If they don't have any left, contact me and I'll hook you up.  After Monday they'll probably be gone.

I did swing through the action bays at RFGC, right at the end of the IDPA match.  There was one small squad still shooting, and I got ZERO takers for yard signs when I approached them and asked.  One "official" looking dude was particularly grumpy it seemed, like I was a fucking leper asking for a blowjob.  No wonder I don't bother shooting "Incredible Douchebag Pistol Association" matches.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 9:59:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Today I dropped off 18 yard signs at Renton Fish & Game (12 at the rifle shack, 6 and the shotgun shack.)  I think they were going to put up a few of them, but should have extra available if you stop by and ask for one.

I'm also about 2 minutes away from RFGC and have 12 more available that are currently planned to be placed around the Renton Highlands.  If you stopping by RFGC on Sunday 9/16, PM me and I'll give you my cell phone number.  If they don't have any left, contact me and I'll hook you up.  After Monday they'll probably be gone.

I did swing through the action bays at RFGC, right at the end of the IDPA match.  There was one small squad still shooting, and I got ZERO takers for yard signs when I approached them and asked.  One "official" looking dude was particularly grumpy it seemed, like I was a fucking leper asking for a blowjob.  No wonder I don't bother shooting "Incredible Douchebag Pistol Association" matches.
View Quote
It's good to hear that someone is picking up the torch from the shotgun shooters, who used to hold top spot for "throw every other discipline and scary gun under the legislative bus" status
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 10:00:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It'll pass
View Quote
That's the kind of engagement and positive thinking that will guarantee it passes. Solid work!
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It'll pass
View Quote
If it doesn't pass, don't you want to say that you were part of campaign that was a giant double-barreled middle finger to Bloomberg and caused him to waste millions of dollars? I do.

Plus, fighting for freedom is always worth it even if it feels hopeless.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 2:08:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Definitely will be talking with people I know about it.

Can't put yard signs in front of my house due to my car would possibly trashed and freak out the family.  I got some nuts around the neighborhood..
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 8:04:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Definitely will be talking with people I know about it.

Can't put yard signs in front of my house due to my car would possibly trashed and freak out the family.  I got some nuts around the neighborhood..
View Quote
Where ever you see other signs on the street, you can put them there.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top