Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2017 3:05:03 PM EDT
I'm curious about their hiring process, if you'd be willing to share any insights please pm me.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 10:41:51 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of position?
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 12:06:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you everyone for your responses so far.

The immediate position I'm looking at is for an assembler in Renton, as I spent the last 3 years building wind turbines in Colorado.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#3]
All I can say is to make sure you include MANY of the key words used in the job description.  They use a computer to do the first review of applicants.

I worked Renton for 20 years
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 5:09:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All I can say is to make sure you include MANY of the key words used in the job description.  They use a computer to do the first review of applicants.

I worked Renton for 20 years
View Quote
This advice applies to about any job anymore. You can be the perfect superstar for the job but if the resume screener doesn't see the keywords it's a non starter
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#5]
The application process and resume can and will be the most complex resume you may ever complete and actually getting selected for a position can be extremely difficult.
It can take you multiple attempts and you may need to apply many times for multiple positions as they add them and they drop off frequently.
Be prepared for the interview by an in-depth team of up to 4 people and "structured interview" questions are the most critical answers, you need to nail them perfectly every time.
It took me several months and 3 interviews to get my foot in the door and it was a full time job just monitoring the website pages and applying almost daily.
Boeing has the most intense screening process as it needs to be, they simply do not want to hire people that do not meet these requirements.
They offer the best benefit and pay package out there and there is a great opportunity to make this happen right now, it is a good time.
Do not give up, prepare and stay on top of it. Its not easy but many guys have done it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 8:52:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The application process and resume can and will be the most complex resume you may ever complete and actually getting selected for a position can be extremely difficult.
It can take you multiple attempts and you may need to apply many times for multiple positions as they add them and they drop off frequently.
Be prepared for the interview by an in-depth team of up to 4 people and "structured interview" questions are the most critical answers, you need to nail them perfectly every time.
It took me several months and 3 interviews to get my foot in the door and it was a full time job just monitoring the website pages and applying almost daily.
Boeing has the most intense screening process as it needs to be, they simply do not want to hire people that do not meet these requirements.
They offer the best benefit and pay package out there and there is a great opportunity to make this happen right now, it is a good time.
Do not give up, prepare and stay on top of it. Its not easy but many guys have done it.
View Quote
pretty much this......although for some unknown reason...I managed to make it on the first try
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 3:37:25 AM EDT
[#7]
The process can be long and drawn out, or almost instantaneous. I had an ok job during the 1.5 years I was applying, so was not in a big hurry. I applied for 36 different jobs during that time, interviewed 2 times. First one I never heard back from, showed “under consideration” for a year after the interview, even after hiring for a different job. Second interview went well, and had a job offer by the time I hit the freeway afterward. I had 3 interviewers both times, and was not prepared for the structured interview process the first time.

Background check, drug testing, etc can take a month or more after accepting a job offer.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
I thought the resume was the easiest you could do, you just fill in the blanks. I got laid off in July 2010 from a hydraulic shop, applied for a few jobs in august and got hired on the spot two different times in two interviews. One was the end of september and was hired then, agreed to the job. Then got a call on an in tank job mechanic about 3 weeks later, wasnt sure what the call was about cause I'd been hired and she said "oh nevermind then". I asked what the job was and it was a grade 6, so I asked if I could still interview and she said why not. Interviewed and hired again, took that job instead and my 7 year anniversary is in a couple days.

If you interview ask for more money if they give you the job because of your experience, some of the previous military guys that worked on vehicles or aircraft started out higher.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#9]
double tap or something
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Judging by the type of people I see waiting outside the building in Renton I don't think this is true
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 2:49:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I have 27 years with Boeing.  Boeing is NOT what it once was, and I have told my boys that I don't want to see them working here - EVER.  I have stayed because I'm still grandfathered on the pension (for one more year) and my medical is still REALLY good.  And, I get an enormous amount of vacation each year.  

Between the unions and their profound levels of BS, and Boeing having gone hard-core SJW, the current working atmosphere is "Office Space" levels of comedic.  Be prepared to get laid-off early and frequently - Boeing SUCKS at workforce planning.  With the current contractual restraints desired by the unions, your hard work will not necessarily be reflected in your wage increases.  And, the new hire pension plan is just a glorified 401k, so there isn't any guarantee that your funds will be there when you retire - choose where your funds go carefully.

On the plus side, the parking sucks, so you will get a bunch of exercise trekking to and from your vehicle each day.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 4:33:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm going through the pre-employment process right now, so if you have any other questions that haven't been answered by everyone else, shoot me a PM and I'll try to help!
-Dan
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 9:14:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Persistence and knowing some people. I applied 3 times for the grade 9 job I have. Was more than qualified but for some reason the computer didn't pick up my keywords in the resume. Finally a friend got hired and gave them my name, they pulled my resume up and I got an interview. Oddly enough it was the same way he got in and it was the same way the guy got hired that got him in. Helps to know someone on the inside in charge of manpower or the interview process.
Got the email for the interview about 2 weeks out, interviewed and got the job offer right there on the spot. Had to wait a few weeks before I started.
Talking to the hiring manager for my building, they have less control on how much the offer is these days. The accountants in Chicago have set the rules.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 8:12:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I thought the resume was the easiest you could do, you just fill in the blanks. I got laid off in July 2010 from a hydraulic shop, applied for a few jobs in august and got hired on the spot two different times in two interviews. One was the end of september and was hired then, agreed to the job. Then got a call on an in tank job mechanic about 3 weeks later, wasnt sure what the call was about cause I'd been hired and she said "oh nevermind then". I asked what the job was and it was a grade 6, so I asked if I could still interview and she said why not. Interviewed and hired again, took that job instead and my 7 year anniversary is in a couple days.

If you interview ask for more money if they give you the job because of your experience, some of the previous military guys that worked on vehicles or aircraft started out higher.
View Quote
What line do you work?
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What line do you work?
View Quote
I have always been in Everett.  The first couple decades was engineering for 747 fleet support, mod work, and airworthiness directive compliance.  Now I handle data for the 777X Engine Development Program.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 10:49:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What line do you work?
View Quote
777, started in WBJ and was there for 6 years, loaned to forward bodies for a few weeks then aft bodies for 6 months or so and now in 777X wings. 3rd shift.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 11:06:06 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a sneaking suspicion you plane boys have way more interesting jobs than us IT guys.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 11:13:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
After working on my application for several days and submitting it last night including a single page resume, I was told this morning I did it all wrong and that they require a 2 page resume for even the custodians!  I went into great depth on the application as well but did not spend as much time on tailoring my previous job functions to be more applicable to Boeing.  I guess I'll see in the next 48hours depending on the response (if any) I get.  If I have to start from scratch, so be it.

Quoted:

pretty much this......although for some unknown reason...I managed to make it on the first try
View Quote
Nice! any ideas on what made you so special? you know, asking for a friend...!

Quoted:
The process can be long and drawn out, or almost instantaneous. I had an ok job during the 1.5 years I was applying, so was not in a big hurry. I applied for 36 different jobs during that time, interviewed 2 times. First one I never heard back from, showed "under consideration" for a year after the interview, even after hiring for a different job. Second interview went well, and had a job offer by the time I hit the freeway afterward. I had 3 interviewers both times, and was not prepared for the structured interview process the first time.

Background check, drug testing, etc can take a month or more after accepting a job offer.
View Quote
Wow that's pretty trippy, glad that you were able to get onboard eventually.  As I understand it, they use STAR interview questions so I'm brushing up on those now.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 11:21:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have 27 years with Boeing.  Boeing is NOT what it once was, and I have told my boys that I don't want to see them working here - EVER.  I have stayed because I'm still grandfathered on the pension (for one more year) and my medical is still REALLY good.  And, I get an enormous amount of vacation each year.  

Between the unions and their profound levels of BS, and Boeing having gone hard-core SJW, the current working atmosphere is "Office Space" levels of comedic.  Be prepared to get laid-off early and frequently - Boeing SUCKS at workforce planning.  With the current contractual restraints desired by the unions, your hard work will not necessarily be reflected in your wage increases.  And, the new hire pension plan is just a glorified 401k, so there isn't any guarantee that your funds will be there when you retire - choose where your funds go carefully.

On the plus side, the parking sucks, so you will get a bunch of exercise trekking to and from your vehicle each day.
View Quote
You can say that about pretty much anywhere.  Hell right before I got hired at Vestas they cut the vacation time from 5 weeks to 3 and they also combined the PTO and sick time for new hires...  Once you factor in sick time and the almost 2 week shutdown at the end of the year you pretty much had nothing.

Quoted:
I'm going through the pre-employment process right now, so if you have any other questions that haven't been answered by everyone else, shoot me a PM and I'll try to help!
-Dan
View Quote
Thanks Dan I sent you a PM

Quoted:
Persistence and knowing some people. I applied 3 times for the grade 9 job I have. Was more than qualified but for some reason the computer didn't pick up my keywords in the resume. Finally a friend got hired and gave them my name, they pulled my resume up and I got an interview. Oddly enough it was the same way he got in and it was the same way the guy got hired that got him in. Helps to know someone on the inside in charge of manpower or the interview process.
Got the email for the interview about 2 weeks out, interviewed and got the job offer right there on the spot. Had to wait a few weeks before I started.
Talking to the hiring manager for my building, they have less control on how much the offer is these days. The accountants in Chicago have set the rules.
View Quote
Well I have the persistence, so hopefully I'll get there eventually!
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 3:29:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
777, started in WBJ and was there for 6 years, loaned to forward bodies for a few weeks then aft bodies for 6 months or so and now in 777X wings. 3rd shift.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What line do you work?
Currently an 87 tank rat.  I want back on 3rd badly.  Got leveled back to 2nd last year, thanks to the privileges of seniority.  Not my dream gig, by any means, but I've done worse for less, even more so when I max next Oct, so I take the bad with the good.  Some things have improved since I came on 5 yrs ago.  The bucket that 2nd had back then was ridiculius & punishing.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 12:32:08 AM EDT
[#21]
I received job offers from Bowing twice.
Flight Line QA and Final Check Maintenance.
Didn't want to make the drive.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 4:19:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Anyone know if they're looking for welders?
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you want a job welding you should look for work at the Naval Shipyard.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 3:37:03 PM EDT
[#24]
A recovering drug addict got hired on the first attempt he applied.  He got clean and is clean (not hardcore problems, but they were fixed before they were a bigger problem )
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 9:06:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Auburn was recently. Not sure if they still are.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
A recovering drug addict got hired on the first attempt he applied.  He got clean and is clean (not hardcore problems, but they were fixed before they were a bigger problem )
View Quote
Wow. maybe I should hire him to do mine!
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 1:05:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same here. Hired on in 08

The process was different then, no panel interviews. Went to boeing field and sat through a bunch of proficiency screenings and tests with a group of people. Kinda reminded me of a day at MEPS. Last stop was with an HR gal in a cubicle where I got the job pending a pee test. Started out 777f refurb then got the pinkslip after that program was over. Was scheduled to walk out the door on a friday, but that wednesday they trasfered a ton of people to the 787. Been there ever since.

OP:
Far as the work goes its a piece of cake. People bitch and moan how it sux or union this union that, supervisor this and that, bla bla..... If you do your work, mind your own business and dont cause drama you'll be a golden child and they'll leave you the fuck alone. Im not kidding. I clock in, do the morning meeting, go to work then clock out. If things fall behind you'll have to chat with the boss or lead to let them know whats up, but its usually because something else is holding up the job, which they wont hold you responsible for. In the 10yrs Ive been there Ive probably had 30+ supervisors between all the programs Ive been in. Out of those there was only 1 I truly disliked, everyone else has been fine and more than reasonable to work for.

Keep applying and stay up on the process. They're hiring now so your chances are good. Best of luck.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 3:04:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The process was different then, no panel interviews. Went to boeing field and sat through a bunch of proficiency screenings and tests with a group of people. Kinda reminded me of a day at MEPS. Last stop was with an HR gal in a cubicle where I got the job pending a pee test. Started out 777f refurb then got the pinkslip after that program was over. Was scheduled to walk out the door on a friday, but that wednesday they trasfered a ton of people to the 787. Been there ever since.

OP:
Far as the work goes its a piece of cake. People bitch and moan how it sux or union this union that, supervisor this and that, bla bla..... If you do your work, mind your own business and dont cause drama you'll be a golden child and they'll leave you the fuck alone. Im not kidding. I clock in, do the morning meeting, go to work then clock out. If things fall behind you'll have to chat with the boss or lead to let them know whats up, but its usually because something else is holding up the job, which they wont hold you responsible for. In the 10yrs Ive been there Ive probably had 30+ supervisors between all the programs Ive been in. Out of those there was only 1 I truly disliked, everyone else has been fine and more than reasonable to work for.

Keep applying and stay up on the process. They're hiring now so your chances are good. Best of luck.
View Quote
Probably depends on the job you're interviewing for. I hired on in early '08, had an interview at Boeing Field with 2 managers that were long time machinists. No tests or screeenings, just a lot of questions so they could tell if I knew how to machine parts in various ways.

And you're right, don't get caught up in the union BS that people like to bitch about. Come in on time and do your work without raising a stink or trying to change the system and you'll be fine. "The system" is much larger than anyone and I've seen people fight it tooth and nail and they don't last long.
Biggest reason people get fired is for attendance, union rep told me that there's nothing they can do about it, you punch in and out and these are the rules.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 3:26:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

OP:

View Quote
Where & what shift are you on 87?  We could be walking past each other daily.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 8:26:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Probably depends on the job you're interviewing for. I hired on in early '08, had an interview at Boeing Field with 2 managers that were long time machinists. No tests or screeenings, just a lot of questions so they could tell if I knew how to machine parts in various ways.

And you're right, don't get caught up in the union BS that people like to bitch about. Come in on time and do your work without raising a stink or trying to change the system and you'll be fine. "The system" is much larger than anyone and I've seen people fight it tooth and nail and they don't last long.
Biggest reason people get fired is for attendance, union rep told me that there's nothing they can do about it, you punch in and out and these are the rules.
View Quote
Yep...I've seen several guys walked for attendance issues, to bad because they were good workers when they were at work.  Right now I am dealing with a work related injury that just does not want to heal enough to return to work..so Boeing has me on leave of absence till I do get better [they are paying me, just no OT]
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 10:16:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
........ just no OT]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
........ just no OT]
If there's any OT to be had! Gettin pretty thin round here. Tomorrow's the first straight check I've had in a long time.

Quoted:
Where & what shift are you on 87?  We could be walking past each other daily.
Been off the 87 for about 5yrs now. Soon as the 747-8 cic/refurb needed people I put in for my escape ERT.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 10:42:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If there's any OT to be had! Gettin pretty thin round here. Tomorrow's the first straight check I've had in a long time.

Been off the 87 for about 5yrs now. Soon as the 747-8 cic/refurb needed people I put in for my escape ERT.
View Quote
I'm in 777 wing majors...there's always OT to be had.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yep...I've seen several guys walked for attendance issues, to bad because they were good workers when they were at work.  Right now I am dealing with a work related injury that just does not want to heal enough to return to work..so Boeing has me on leave of absence till I do get better [they are paying me, just no OT]
View Quote
I swear the motto of wings should be "we can break anyone". Them and anyone riveting a splice or lap is on a timer, not an if but a when you're going to break.

I tore my shoulder 3 years ago in wbj, several weeks of pt and back to work cause it was good enough. Only the last month or two I've been able to comfortably lay on that side and put my arm under my pillow without pain, injuries take time. I was pricing out paying for platelet rich plasma injections until recently, if something like that happens again I'm just gonna pay out of pocket for it and save some years of healing.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 8:18:26 AM EDT
[#34]
If you do your work, mind your own business and dont cause drama you'll be a golden child and they'll leave you the fuck alone.

That is entirely true at the Big B... the managers are under so much pressure and deal with drama from 5% of the folks that take up 95% of the time.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
That is entirely true at the Big B... the managers are under so much pressure and deal with drama from 5% of the folks that take up 95% of the time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
If you do your work, mind your own business and dont cause drama you'll be a golden child and they'll leave you the fuck alone.
It’s like that everywhere.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 2:36:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely...
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#37]
My son was just hired.....looks like he is going to the X
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 12:01:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My son was just hired.....looks like he is going to the X
View Quote
In tank?
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 10:08:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

In tank?
View Quote
possible..he's small enough...and he'll take that 10 cents an hour.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 6:52:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Well, did you make it past the mirror test? The hardest part is securing an interview... took me 4 attempts. Once I did and showed up the guy who talked to us before the interview told us what was being asked and how to answer.  Then they took you into the back and do the mirror test. If you passed they drug tested you and if you passed that you are hired. At least that was my  experience.

Working with the people in Renton is a pain. They put more effort into getting out of work than work.

You said assembler. Do you know if this is 30304 general assembler  or 30005  structures? God speed if you are in wings structures.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 8:14:13 PM EDT
[#41]
What is the “mirror test”?
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 12:49:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Mirror test as in to check if someone is breathing? LOL if so.

Still haven't had an interview. I made some changes to my resume based on feedback I've received to better accommodate their preferences, but nothing positive yet. Been selling guns as stuff at the absolute worst time although I'm happy for those in a position to buy, I just wish I was one of them!

I've Just signed up for uber and lyft as Xmas was rough with no income, but I'll get there. Soon I hope!
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Well, did you make it past the mirror test? The hardest part is securing an interview... took me 4 attempts. Once I did and showed up the guy who talked to us before the interview told us what was being asked and how to answer.  Then they took you into the back and do the mirror test. If you passed they drug tested you and if you passed that you are hired. At least that was my  experience.

Working with the people in Renton is a pain. They put more effort into getting out of work than work.

You said assembler. Do you know if this is 30304 general assembler  or 30005  structures? God speed if you are in wings structures.
View Quote
Double tap if on the 87.  Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 4:28:11 AM EDT
[#44]
When I hired on it was right at the finish of one of those long periods of no hires. I think k they forgot how to do it  I literally didn't even have an interview. After my application I was brought into a room with about 3 other people and given a "test" ala which way will this gear turn and how many boxes are in this picture, then brought into another room where I was told my starting wage, as an electrician 30304 for $11.72 if I recall correctly, and to wait for a call for drug test and my official start date.

I've been involved in some hiring when I was a manager (hundreds on the 87) and as a non-manager I've been involved in some of the pipeline projects like the high schools and community colleges. The process is definitely different and the only best way to get to an interview is to go through one of the programs. I don't want to say it's a sure-thing, but with the investments made there, there is definitely a return expected in terms of employees hired. Doing it on your own through the application process is a crapshoot at best. It's all outsourced now and nobody seems to know how to make it through the 3rd party screening to even land your info in the hands of a Boeing screener, other than the standard advice of key words and applying for all the job openings you can.

There's also knowing someone too. Of course they say it can't be done anymore but we all know it happens both internally and externally. So, pull any strings you might have.

Good luck and if you have any questions...

ETA:
If you do get an interview you will want to prepare for a structured interview. They are different. Like I said, I have done hundreds of them. Remember the goal is to tell the best story and score the most points. Truth is secondary.

Also, my first day orientation was at Plant 42 with a ton of people and some big wig came in and talked about how they finally had it all figured out and this new Boeing wouldn't be going up and down and laying people off and rehiring like they used to. I don't have to mention how many layoffs and rehires came after that. Be prepared.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 4:23:28 AM EDT
[#45]
I took a look at the job postings and see about 5 to 7 "entry" level jobs. You should apply for each and every one. This betters your odds of getting the interview. Look for key words and draw from your experience. Don't lie but do embellish your experience. Don't worry if you think your resume is too long. One job is in tank jobs. If you can fit in an 11" by 17" opening you should apply... unless you are claustrophobic!

I almost forgot... if you see the same job but with a different requisition number, apply for each one. You are applying to the req number and not the general job.

Things should be picking up now that that holidays are over.

Good luck
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 1:43:10 AM EDT
[#46]
What is this boeing place you speak of? Do they make boats or software or something?
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 1:32:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What is this boeing place you speak of? Do they make boats or software or something?
View Quote
Dickfers and footballbats
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 12:18:07 AM EDT
[#48]
If I were to apply for a job at Boeing I would check into having a professional resume done with the job application.  It may cost you a few bucks but the people who write resumes and are familiar with Boeing and know what they are looking for such as key words to put on the resume / job application.

I have worked with people at Boeing who got hired by Boeing because they had a professional resume with their application. Some of the new people really didn't know a lot about airplanes and some were very sharp, the ones who were sharp usually had military experience.

I'm recently retired from Boeing after 40 years ( where did the time go? ) The first 10 years I was a functional test mechanic and the spent the last 30 years in Q.A.

As mentioned attendance is very important. After your at Boeing long enough and want to apply for another job within the company the first thing that the hiring supervisor is going to look at is attendance, if it isn't good I don't care how much experience or other schooling you have he isn't going to consider you for a position.

Boeing was good to me and as others have stated just come to work every day on time do your job and don't get caught up in other peoples problems.

If hired I would get into the 401k program ASAP otherwise your throwing money away.  Increase it by 1% each year and you will be glad one day that you did. You can put up to 30% of your paycheck into your 401k .

Hope this helps.  MC
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 1:02:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If hired I would get into the 401k program ASAP otherwise your throwing money away.  Increase it by 1% each year and you will be glad one day that you did. You can put up to 30% of your paycheck into your 401k .
View Quote
Good advice, especially now in a era where anyone getting hired won’t be eligible for a pension. Start at a minimum of 8% to get the full company match and work your way up from there. That money will really add up over the course of a long career.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 8:05:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Good advice, especially now in a era where anyone getting hired won’t be eligible for a pension. Start at a minimum of 8% to get the full company match and work your way up from there. That money will really add up over the course of a long career.
View Quote
That’s true.... and I’m at spares....mucho OT for now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top