Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2017 10:39:53 PM EDT
I could use some help - have been assembling parts but need access to tools for AK build.  Otherwise I have to try to buy them.  Anyone in Seattle or Sequim area who can rent, loan, sell or otherwise help send me a PM.
Thanks,
Rick
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Not close to those areas, but on the right side of the state. Lol

What tools are you looking for?

I need to get off my butt and build one or two, and I have tools, but not a good place to work.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a few kits and really should build up the krink kit, but just have never taken the time to do it.  The right side of the state is where to be to find lots of people with tools.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 2:24:58 PM EDT
[#3]
By "right" in this case, I meant "correct".

I'm on the wet side.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 6:28:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
By "right" in this case, I meant "correct".

I'm on the wet side.
View Quote
Just swapped out my pistol trunnion for fixed trunnion on my Draco last week. Toth Tool long-rivet jig will be here Monday. Couldn't find anyone with tools to do the rear 2 rivets for me.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 11:40:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never used a special tool for the long rivets. I'll have to give that one a look.  I've always just clamped the receiver to the trunnion and smashed the rivet with a hammer and punch.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never used a special tool for the long rivets. I'll have to give that one a look.  I've always just clamped the receiver to the trunnion and smashed the rivet with a hammer and punch.
View Quote
Link

Since this is a factory gun, and I am just swapping the rear trunnion, I didn't want my 2 long rivets to be painfully obvious. I would like to build more AKs in the future, so I figured best to just get started amassing the tools required. I don't own a press, so that is why I went with the cheaper option .
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#7]
There's nothing wrong with that.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 10:09:11 PM EDT
[#8]

For having never messed with an AK platform before, other than drilling and tapping 2 holes for a rear folding stock adapter, I am happy with it. One hole got a little off, and I had hoped more of the rivet tail would cover it, but it's an AK, it will function just fine.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 4:03:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Those look great!  Mine always end up flat. Lol
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks. One hole is a little off, but for never messing with an AK before, I am happy with it. It's off at the cerakoter being refinished. Should have it back and put together next weekend. Mounted my Dead Air Wolverine PBS-1 on it today, and found out I need a 14mm "LONG" adapter for my Draco But it will look pretty sweet when it's done!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top