Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 12:48:24 PM EDT
The Heritage Flight Museum, located at Bellingham International Airport, will be holding its monthly open house on Saturday, 15 April 2006 from Noon to 4pm. and is expecting quite a turnout from the local warbird community.

The Museum will play host to up to 14 members of the Cascade Warbirds organization, who will be holding a formation flight clinic during the open house.

Also, the Museum will have their newest acquisition on display to the public; a fully-restored H-13G M*A*S*H helicopter.

In addition to the Museum's collection of flying World War II and Korean War aircraft, (which include an F8F Bearcat, Douglas Skyraider, North American T-6, Fairchild PT-19, Boeing Stearman, L-13 Grasshopper, North American SNJ-4, Max Holste Broussard, DeHavilland Beaver, L-19 Bird Dog, 0-2 Skymaster, L-39 Albatross and H-13G helicopter), visitors may expect to see an L3, L19's, T28's, C45's and a CJ6.

The Museum will be open rain or shine, though inclement flying weather could prevent additional aircraft from flying in.

Admission is by donation.

The Heritage Flight Museum, founded in 1996 by Maj. General William Anders (Apollo 8 astronaut), is a non-profit, 501(C)(3) organization dedicated to the preservation and flying of historic military aircraft, and to keeping their rich history alive through public education.

The date of the following open house will be Saturday, 20 May 2006.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:41:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I never knew there was a museum there, and I lived in B'ham.    That does explain the old warbirds that I saw all the time though.   I've seen some really cool planes flying around the area.  Worth going if you are in the area I'm sure.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:00:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Its a awesome museum, Paul Allen has sure helped it out!  I remember him there one time talking about his crteria 1. The planes had to have actual combat history if and when at all possible.  2. Restored to how they came off the line.  3. Rare planes were going to be sought out more than the common.  Some dumass asked him why he was doing this but his answer was great, because I can afford to do this and he remembered when he was a kid how those planes just captured him, so now that he can do it he wants all people to experiance the power and glory of WW2 combat aircraft.,
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:45:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Its a awesome museum, Paul Allen has sure helped it out!  I remember him there one time talking about his crteria 1. The planes had to have actual combat history if and when at all possible.  2. Restored to how they came off the line.  3. Rare planes were going to be sought out more than the common.  Some dumass asked him why he was doing this but his answer was great, because I can afford to do this and he remembered when he was a kid how those planes just captured him, so now that he can do it he wants all people to experiance the power and glory of WW2 combat aircraft.,

Did they move Allen's heritage museum from Arlington?

ETA: doesn't look like the same Flying Heritage Museum Allen has:
www.flyingheritage.com/TemplateTopImages.aspx?contentId=25
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:22:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did they move Allen's heritage museum from Arlington?

ETA: doesn't look like the same Flying Heritage Museum Allen has:
www.flyingheritage.com/TemplateTopImages.aspx?contentId=25

My bad I wasnt thinking when I posted.  Paul Allens is second to none.  No its still there.  I should caught it when none of the planes had combat experiance well the F8 Bearcat as it was to late to see battle in WW2 and no mention of the RARE aircraft there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top