Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 8:39:45 PM EDT
sorry I forget the hot dogs and car trailer when I left this am.

I still smell smoke in my nostrils

Pulper & I put it out while my friend a professional Fireman watched
This reminds me I need to replace the fire extinguisher in my jeep.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh damn, that sucks!

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:00:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Sad
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:01:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, that sucks!

Did you bitch slap your friend?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:09:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Damn, that sucks!

Did you bitch slap your friend?

No. I think he was worried about Pulper or I getting hurt. He was telling us to be carefull and I think he said maybe we should wait for the fire truck. I'm sure he has more expiriance with car fires than we do and did not think it was safe without his safety gear, I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:14:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'm sure he has more expiriance with car fires than we do and did not think it was safe without his safety gear,  

I would not attack it from the front, I would attack it from the side, and hope that someone could have popped the hood (not open it, just pop it). They have a way of blowing a lot of flame on you if you dont go at them easy like...

I would have waited for the truck, but your pic looks more like steam so it converted pretty fast..

good job!...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:24:57 PM EDT
[#6]
See what happens when you guys don't listen to me.......fuckin' heeps.....

Glad you guys are OK
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:35:19 PM EDT
[#7]
day-umm    what started that?

oh  it's a Jeep...nevermind.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#8]
That's not how you put a flame job on a car!!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:58:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

www.schlos.com/images/Flamed%20Hot%20Rod%202.JPG

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:44:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I would not attack it from the front, I would attack it from the side, and hope that someone could have popped the hood (not open it, just pop it). They have a way of blowing a lot of flame on you if you dont go at them easy like...

I would have waited for the truck, but your pic looks more like steam so it converted pretty fast..

good job!...

Actually, I attacked it through the fenderwells and from underneath...he just happened to catch me transitioning to the opposite side in the pic.  The hood couldn't be popped since the release cable had already burned through. Eventually we got it popped though and finished it off.  The Commanche had given me 12 yrs and 130k+ miles of trouble-free service (and I bought it when it had 2+ yrs and 17k miles already on it).  In fact, the spark plug wires and clutch are/were factory originals.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:53:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
[I still smell smoke in my nostrils

me too
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:16:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#13]
It's a Jeep, what did ya expect?  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

www.schlos.com/images/Flamed%20Hot%20Rod%202.JPG

I thought this was a flame job:

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Water on a vehicle fire--ballsy.  Most vehicle fires would be Class B (flammable liquids) or Class C (electrical).  Water is a last resort for both types as it could do little or make the fire bigger.  Then again, I guess you use what you got.  Also, not too many people carry AFFF or PKP extinguishers around with them.

Quoted:

That's begging for a 1GR Photochop!

Now only if my Photoshop-fu wasn't so fuckin' weak. . .
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:39:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.droxy.com/images/2005/08/richard-simmons.jpg

That's begging for a 1GR Photochop!

Now only if my Photoshop-fu wasn't so fuckin' weak. . .

There is a picture of 1GR that is close to that, and it ain't no photochop,  and I know I'm not the only one that has seen it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top