User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

{New Guy} Wow these guys really take safety very serious and have way more experience with firearms than i do. I'm a little nervous because i dont know any of them and im just showing up to this site of the shoot. I know i am human and i may fuck up, god forbid, but after reading that post if i fuck up im going to be feeling like shit cause i know what i have to look forward to next time i log onto AR15.com. It would probably be the last group shoot i go to also, seeing as how i'd be embarrassed

It is OK to be embarrassed, or nervous, But now you are bringing up things that were not involved in the situation at all...

If you come to your first Arfcom shoot, and dont know the rules, and dont even bother to ask, then You are the moron, and are guaranteeing there will be a thread about you!.

We are the most easygoing group I have ever been apart of, and if you have a question all you have to do is ask. Hell We share eachothers firearms with nothing more than a " Hey KA3B, Kevin has never fired a FAL before" KA3B will say, " There it is, let me show ya how she runs!"

Exaaaaaaaactly!!  

Now that I think of it...I HAVEN'T SHOT A FAL BEFORE!!!!  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:57:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Exaaaaaaaactly!!  

Don't let HippyNik shoot one or it'll cost you a grand.

Two grand, with the ACOG.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:58:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exaaaaaaaactly!!  

So...we're talking 4 grand out the door?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:01:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

{New Guy} Wow these guys really take safety very serious and have way more experience with firearms than i do. I'm a little nervous because i dont know any of them and im just showing up to this site of the shoot. I know i am human and i may fuck up, god forbid, but after reading that post if i fuck up im going to be feeling like shit cause i know what i have to look forward to next time i log onto AR15.com. It would probably be the last group shoot i go to also, seeing as how i'd be embarrassed

So, you'd rather be injured, maimed  or killed, or God forbid, injure, maim, or kill someone else than be embarrased?!

With our sport safety is PARAMOUNT, everything else comes second. Including hurt feelings.

Quoted:
We are the most easygoing group I have ever been apart of, and if you have a question all you have to do is ask. Hell We share eachothers firearms with nothing more than a " Hey KA3B, Kevin has never fired a FAL before" KA3B will say, " There it is, let me show ya how she runs!"

Exactly. My weapons sit on the firing line. Grab a mag and go. ( shoot, go shoot...not like leave...)
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

And then there was the rest of that conversation.......

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which shall not be brought up here, at this time, or in the future...
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whick shall not be brought up here, at this time, or in the future...

"So, uhhhh, do you like gladiator movies?"
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Excues me miss, But I speak Jive..

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Excues me miss, But I speak Jive..

www.sondb.com/fun/images/LornapattersonAirplane.jpg

"Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit" = "GOLLY!"

"See a girl wit dat booty action, lay 'em down and smack 'em Yack 'em!"

MORE:
ar15.mcternen.com/airplane/ap5.wav
ar15.mcternen.com/airplane/ap6.wav
ar15.mcternen.com/airplane/ap12.wav

And my favorite
ar15.mcternen.com/airplane/white2.wav

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:25:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exaaaaaaaactly!!  

For his and hers, yup.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exaaaaaaaactly!!  

For his and hers, yup.

Time to start selling blood again....Do they still buy kidneys?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:42:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How do you think some of the responses to this could effect new members, hesitant about approaching an already established group of guys to go shooting with?

[new guy] These guys take safety very serious and thats a good thing and I want to shoot with them. I am human and may fuck up, if I do they will hopefully catch me at that time, and if I dont we will have a review of the incident parsed, reaffirm the whats, whys and hows, and have another safer shoot the next time.[/]

I'm glad they take safety very seriously, believe it or not, so do I.  Don't avoid shooting with these guys because of this thread.  Nothing has been said here that shouldn't have been said, or that wasn't expected.  A number of foulups occurred.  

Bunny should have cleared it and checked it before bringing it off the line and giving it to me.  It should have stayed on the line, as should have all of the weapons, from the beginning.  I should never have taken it without checking it myself.  Obviously I have to recheck how I'm holding my hand when carrying my weapons.  As to muzzle direction, it is critical, but my training (admittedly years ago) was that straight down into the ground (absent pavement etc) was a "safe" direction, as is downrange.  I won't argue the point, now I know the preference of the crowd.  Was anyone truly in danger, not really.  Does that make it any less upsetting or important, not really.

As an a guilty party, I will say that I do not feel ganged up on, belittled or harrassed in any undue manner by this thread.  If it serves the purpose of reminding others to be more careful, then something positive has been accomplished.

As for the apology, immediately following the event I remember saying how sorry I was that it had happened, I am sorry I did not do it well enough.  It is understandable under the circumstances that it would have gone unheard, that is not their fault.  I was pretty much in shock from it for quite awhile following so didn't followup more quickly, but should have.

These are truly a great bunch of guys who will be generous with their time, weapons, ammo and exptertise, both on the line and off.  My own choices have nothing to do with whether I would feel welcome, or be welcomed, but rather my own reaction to what I consider to have been a very serious incident.

Stick around, enjoy the ride.  Hope to meet you one day.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wasn't there, but after reading this, and the reactions of others that were there, I can tell you that I will pay closer attention to myself when handing or handling firearms.  

The entire purpose of this thread. Thank you for getting the point.

+onebillioncazillion
there is my two cents.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I want to say that I have no problem attending a shooting event with any person(s) involved in this incident.  I would like to invite LTG and Bunny to shoot anyone of my firearms at any event in which we are all attending.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Seems like the only point of this post is to bash me.  

Quoted:
Reading this post kinda discourages me from going to any of the shoots. Not because im scared of something like this happening but because it seems some of the members that are posting keep dragging it on.

Safety is top priority, and obviously the guy made a huge mistake. Luckily nobody was hurt. Lessons were learned. Egos were bruised. And appoligizes were given. I really just dont get why especially KA3B needs to post about his "traumatic experience" and make the guy feel worse about what happened. He already talked about maybe starting to shoot only with bunny or by himself. Why dont you just let it go.

ACCIDENTS HAPPEN TO EVERYONE..........YOU LEARN FROM IT!

Seriously though, if i ever did have the chance to go to a shoot....because of this type of response to an accident and a post probably intended for awarness more than anything else. I would more than likely not bring any firearms and just watch. Not because im unsafe but because i'd feel so "under the microscope" .

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:11:01 PM EDT
[#16]
This guy really has it in for me.

Quoted:
Right and i understand what you are saying.....But seriously, you already know that "Da_Bunny" and "LawTalkingGuy" are both feeling pretty embarrassed about the whole situation and feeling real bad. Do you really think its necessary for other members to post about the actual "blow by blow" details of the incident. I think when you get half way through the page you realize that they acknowledge what they did and how HUGE of a mistake it was, they apologized to everyone that was there and even had the balls to actually post about the incident in the first place, to make everyone aware and educate people.

I dont personally know any of the members off of this site, and this post really makes me re-think the impression i got from other members that WHTF was in fact a small family. Im really curious to see the reply to Da_Bunny from KA3B, regarding:

Only one thing was missing from the evolution, CavVet knows what it is and neither of us asked for one and it was not offered.....

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Dont sweat it...

It seems to just be a little crush.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:39:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dont sweat it...

+1

Dont let em get to ya.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dont sweat it...

+1

Dont let em get to ya.

Marge, you need an older man....
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:44:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Some may construe that as flirting. . .
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dont sweat it...

+1

Dont let em get to ya.

Marge, you need an older man....

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Naughty....
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#23]
First of all this isnt a troll account.......I dont try to fuck up peoples posts and for the most part i havent really said much, just got advice from people in GD and other forums.....I havent really posted in HTF. Secondly, im not saying that any of you are over-reacting the situation, and if it seemed that way, i really do apologize. Im really not on here to get people riled up or to piss people off, but im pretty sure i did a good job of that anyway. The thing that upset me, that made me decide to post is where KA3B stated "Only one thing was missing from the evolution, CavVet knows what it is and neither of us asked for one and it was not offered...."

Then KA3B wrote:

All that I wanted yesterday was a personal apology from both parties involved.
I know that the CavVet and the other guy wanted one too.
An apology the next day on the internet just doesn't cut it.

Me and Bunny are friends, I have no problems with LawTalkingGuy, however, I will not be on the firing line when LawTalkingGuy is on it, and CavVet feels the same way.

I think that its really fucked up that KA3B is looking for a personal apology from both parties, and that an apology the next day on the internet just doesnt cut it. It almost seems humiliating. So next time LawTakingGuy is at a shoot or get together he needs to pull aside KA3B and CavVet to say that hes sorry for something that hes already expressed how much he fucked up along with Da_Bunny. Im not trying to stick up or defend anyone here, im speaking for myself. A few people have sent messages saying they agree with me and others that dont, so i know that im not the only one.

Also, I know that KA3B you feel like im out to get you, but im not. Maybe because i dont know any of you its easier, but i know if anyone went about trying to get an apology that way i'd act the same way.

So im sorry for "picking" on you KA3B, but i'll wait till sometime when/if i see you to say it formally cause i know how the internet doesnt cut it.......

FLAME AWAY!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I think its time for this thread to go away.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:01:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
First of all this isnt a troll account.......

You fucking troll assclown piece of shit.

You insist on continuing to stir this fucking pot until you create issue where there are none. We all said our part in it, we are the involved parties. You said earlier in this thread you were going to shut up, why dont you do what you said and shut the fuck up? You have nothing in this, so what is your deal??

That said, if you are as much of an assclown in real life as you are on the net, I hope you dont show up to the next shoot.

Unfuckingbelieveable

Asshole!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm done.  I count 98% of the people in this thread as a friend.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:09:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Oh man, I wanna be an assclown when I grow up and join the circus!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:15:16 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Then KA3B wrote:

Me and Bunny are friends, I have no problems with LawTalkingGuy, however, I will not be on the firing line when LawTalkingGuy is on it, and CavVet feels the same way.

I dont see this anywhere in this thread, written by anyone other than you. Have you decided to start making shit up and attributing it to people??

You pathetic fucking piece of shit.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Then KA3B wrote:

I dont see this anywhere in this thread, written by anyone other than you. Have you decided to start making shit up and attributing it to people??

You pathetic fucking piece of shit.

That had better not be an IM.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
First of all this isnt a troll account.......

You fucking troll assclown piece of shit.

You insist on continuing to stir this fucking pot until you create issue where there are none. We all said our part in it, we are the involved parties. You said earlier in this thread you were going to shut up, why dont you do what you said and shut the fuck up? You have nothing in this, so what is your deal??

That said, if you are as much of an assclown in real life as you are on the net, I hope you dont show up to the next shoot.

Unfuckingbelieveable

Asshole!

This is laughable.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:23:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
That had better not be an IM.

It was....
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:32:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:33:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:33:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Sorry Bunny
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top