Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/11/2006 9:10:47 PM EDT
I went to buy a bottle/gas for my little MIG welder. I checked prices for a bottle(small one about 24" tall or so) about 6 months ago. The guy said it would be $100. Today I went back to buy one and they said it would be $175 Seemed a little high to me. What's a good price on the middle sized bottles?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:54:14 AM EDT
Do you need to buy the tank as well as the gas?
I just had mine filled for $35 over here in Spokane.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:07:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:19:27 AM EDT
http://store.weldingdepot.com/cgi/weldingdepot/HP-20A.html

http://search.ebay.com/search/welding-cylinder_W0QQfclZ4QQfnuZ1QQ
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:16:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:
The price of steel ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

Where are you shopping?

I only checked 1 place yesterday(pacific welding). Going to check a couple more today. I think the bottle was 40cf. First fill of gas was free, after that it was $22 a fill.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:23:37 AM EDT
It might be worth checking with either Jim or Nick(?) at Cascade Airgas on Martin Way accross from the veterinary hospital. Tell 'em Craig & Brett from the dive shop sent you.

HTH

Trey

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:21:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By twoducetrey:
It might be worth checking with either Jim or Nick(?) at Cascade Airgas on Martin Way accross from the veterinary hospital. Tell 'em Craig & Brett from the dive shop sent you.

HTH

Trey

That is where I headed to after my last post. Got an 80cf tank and gas for $155+tax. Now I need to weld something
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:03:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kooter:

HTH

Trey

That is where I headed to after my last post. Got an 80cf tank and gas for $155+tax. Now I need to weld something

Well come to my house I have about ten projects to do. If you help me I should be done in 3 months. If not most likely it will take me 6.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:52:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RS_Coyote:

Originally Posted By Kooter:

HTH

Trey

Well come to my house I have about ten projects to do. If you help me I should be done in 3 months. If not most likely it will take me 6.

You don't want me welding on your stuff. My welds hold good enough, but they look like shit!!
Top Top