Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 9:48:50 PM EDT
I could use all the help and advice that I can get to build an AR15 for $700.  I have to get this done by Jan 27th.  Dissipator configuration is prefered.  Im looking to get the best components that the budget will allow.  I dont need any iron sights or carry handle.  Brand names dont really matter, but I dont want bottom of the barrel.  Maybe a upper and lower from the company  that supplies to Bushmaster.

Anyone know what place has the best price on RRA?  I might be able to get one of their rifles with the budget.

Heres the wish list:
Collapsable stock
16 heavy barrel/ threaded if possible
Free Floating Handguard- Rifle Length (YHM $130)
Flat Top
Single Stage trigger is fine
No FSB

Thanks in advance!
BTW- I dont have any AR tools, if someone would take the time to show me how to build it, I would appreciate it.   I'll buy someone dinner! I live in Federal Way and can come to you.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:07:42 PM EDT
[#1]
you should check out olympic arms in lacey, wa. They have a great selection of ar15s parts. If you want, they can custom build you one in about an hour. With all the parts you want. Im heading in their tomorrow to get a ris and some other random stuff. Nice people, very helpfull and friendly.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:16:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:19:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm in Tacoma but you'd better make it quick I'll be out of contact for the next several months at least starting next week.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:36:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm in Tacoma but you'd better make it quick I'll be out of contact for the next several months at least starting next week.

Well, that sucks...  You seem pretty kewl  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:02:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Teknic
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:21:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Heres the wish list:
Collapsable stock
16 heavy barrel/ threaded if possible
Free Floating Handguard- Rifle Length (YHM $130)
Flat Top
Single Stage trigger is fine
No FSB

Those are the parts that are going to break you on the $700 limit.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Im scurrying to get something together or at least to know if its able to be done.  Thanks for the offer, but it doesnt look like I can gather the pieces that fast.  If your deploying, stay safe.  

It looks like if I increase the budget, I can get everything for around $850.  Hope this works out!

Once this is done, I am going to have to meet you guys for a shoot!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im scurrying to get something together or at least to know if its able to be done.  Thanks for the offer, but it doesnt look like I can gather the pieces that fast.  If your deploying, stay safe.  

It looks like if I increase the budget, I can get everything for around $850.  Hope this works out!

Once this is done, I am going to have to meet you guys for a shoot!

TEKNIC

www.nwtactical.net
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:49:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Check out this website for Model 1 Sales: http://www.model1sales.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=UDE160CL&storeid=1&image=udispre.gif
You'll have to cut and paste it onto your browser as my computer-fu is weak! I bought an M-4gery Upper from them last summer. It was a high quality unit in my opinion. Just as good as Bushmaster but for a lot less money. You pay damn near as much for a Bushmaster Upper as you would pay for a new Busmaster at the gun show! You should be able to get a decent complete lower for around $250 or so.
Hope this info helps. Good Luck!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:02:43 PM EDT
[#10]
3M,  I have a like new disapator type 16"inch A2 upper in storage with less than three hundred rounds down the tube. The upper needs a bolt carrier group and charging handle and if you are interested you could get if fairly cheap.  Drop mre an IM.   Elf.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Check out this website for Model 1 Sales: http://www.model1sales.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=UDE160CL&storeid=1&image=udispre.gif
You'll have to cut and paste it onto your browser as my computer-fu is weak! I bought an M-4gery Upper from them last summer. It was a high quality unit in my opinion. Just as good as Bushmaster but for a lot less money. You pay damn near as much for a Bushmaster Upper as you would pay for a new Busmaster at the gun show! You should be able to get a decent complete lower for around $250 or so.

+1
I'm really happy with the M4gery I built with the Model 1 kit- upper fully assembled, headspaced w/ Bolt, BC, CH on a FlatTop w/carry handle, lower parts, 4 Pos collapsable stock and PG for around $585 delivered.

+1 again, As far as a lower, get with Teknic, he's got Mega's for about $98 inclu tax.

Tweak nailed it though- Freefloat and FSB will sink the $700 deal, unless you get lucky at the gunshow AND have a few items to trade/sell to offset the cost..

Increasing the budget to $850 seems right, check out the Model1 site, they offer those options & upgrades at a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank You all for the advice.  I'll let you know what I find at the gun show.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:29:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:48:51 AM EDT
[#14]
FIXT

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
I'm really happy with the M4gery I built with the Model 1 kit- upper fully assembled, headspaced w/ Bolt, BC, CH on a FlatTop w/carry handle, lower parts, 4 Pos collapsable stock and PG for around $585 delivered.

+1 again, As far as a lower, get with Teknic, he's got Mega's for about $98 inclu tax.

Tweak's advice is worthless, listen to nothing he says, Stick nailed it though- Freefloat and FSB will sink the $700 deal, unless you get lucky at the gunshow AND have a few items to trade/sell to offset the cost..

Increasing the budget to $850 seems right, check out the Model1 site, they offer those options & upgrades at a reasonable price.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I exceeded the $700 budget, but I got what I wanted!  A BIG Thank You to Iblis (Clint from Carrico'z Armory) for building this custom AR15.  Anyone wanting to build an AR should stop by Clints table at the March Gun Show at the Puyallup Fair (he wont be there Feb).

I got a:
RRA lower
OA M4 barrel w/ Flash hider
OA rifle length free float hand guard
MagPul M93 Stock
MagPul Enhanced Trigger Guard
MagPul Strike Plate
and everything else it takes to make this run

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Now I need another Eotech or Acog, Flip Up Front Sight, BUIS, and bipod.

Next project:  OA Barrel and OA FIRSH for the Bushy, Flip Up Front Sight, BUIS, and bipod.

So what do you think about the build?  Anything I forgot? Suggestions for next time?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:39:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Bump for feedback
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:46:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Dingleballs and a teenyweeny chrome chain steering wheel! Wait, don't forget the neon kit to put underneath it!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#19]
That is a beauty and now you gave me an idea! Damn you! ;)

Carbine or middy gas system under the rifle gaurds, right? Looks tight..
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:01:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

So what do you think about the build?

It looks like the Build went well, but that thing is uglier than a mud fence in a rain storm!

Anything I forgot?

What an AR-15 really looks like?

Suggestions for next time?

Dont change a thing, you did just fine.

What was the grand total?..

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:04:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Grand total was around $950 with tax.  Also bought an Eotech 512, and sighted it in today.  It's definately a nice gun!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Look like something Marvin the Martian would be using.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top