Originally Posted By Phil_in_Seattle:
Originally Posted By A96HondaAccordEX:
I thought there is a background check at the gunshow? When I bought my lower at the WAC, I remember the guy calling in my NIC.
They aren't complaining about the FFLs selling at shows, they're claiming to be complaining about "unlicensed dealers". Which we all know is acting as an "unlicensed dealer" is already illegal under existing federal law. Anytime you hear them spout off a number of vendors selling as "unlicensed dealers" at gunshows you know they are including people selling beef jerky, beanie babies, etc., in that number.
They are after person to person sales.
I posted this in annother thread....
I'm pretty sure you need a background check at the WAC show...pretty sure.....
Pretty damned sure..... washingtonarmscollectors.org/members.asp
Persons applying for regular, life or associate membership in WAC must provide their driver's license (or State ID card) number on the application form. You must include a photocopy of your ID document.
You must provide a copy of this application which is legible and signed.
You must have a background check performed or provide proof of clear background with your application. This is achieved via one of the following options:
Include photocopy of your current dealer license.
Include photocopy of current C&R license.
Include photocopy of current Law Enforcement ID
Include photocopy of current Military ID
Include photocopy of current CPL (Concealed Pistol License)
Include photocopy of state-issued firearm ownership ID (if applicable from applicant's state of residence)
Include an additional $12 background check processing fee.
NOTE: If you let your WAC membership expire and/or you are late in renewing your application, will need to resubmit one of the above options.
You must send a check or money order for the amount of your membership dues plus any additional fees (if applicable) with your application.
Send application, dues and supporting documentation to: WAC - PO BOX 389 Renton WA 98057-0389
Failure to comply with these instructions will only delay your membership application.
Pretty sure you need a membership to buy a firearm.....pretty sure....yup...I'm sure:washingtonarmscollectors.org/shows.asp
Rules of the Road
1. There will be no loaded firearms, magazines, or speedloaders in the building, either on the tables or on one’s person, with the exception of law enforcement and private security officers under contract with WAC
2. There will be no bulk gunpowder or explosive bullets in the building. There will be no loose cartridges or loaded clips of any description near the firearms for which they are intended. Chemicals used to make explosive compounds are prohibited.
3. All firearms will have their actions tied open. Where that is impracticable due to design considerations the arm will have its action tied to make it inoperable. All detachable magazines, including rimfire tubular feeding devices, will be removed from a firearm before it is placed on a table. Flintlock, wheel lock and matchlock arms need not be tied. Percussion or cartridge firearms for display only contained in a locked display case may remain untied.
4. Fully automatic firearms other than those displayed by law enforcement or military organizations, or parts to convert semiautomatic arms to fully-automatic are prohibited. Dummy, replica, or registered Title II firearms must be accompanied by a clearly-readable sign stating that the item in question is not a machine gun.
5. Any extended bayonets attached to firearms shall be scabbarded with no exceptions. If a bayonet on a firearm has no scabbard, it shall either be folded against the stock or removed from the firearm. This applies to arms being carried as well as to arms that are on tables.
6. Firearm sales to — or purchases from — non-members or persons prohibited by law from firearms ownership/possession are totally forbidden. Violation will lead to immediate and permanent expulsion as a member of WAC.
7. Members may not loan their badges to anyone, whether a member or not. Membership badges will be worn above the waist with the name clearly visible. The alteration of WAC membership badges in any manner is strictly prohibited; the display at WAC gatherings of altered WAC badges or of badges purporting to be insignia of current WAC membership other than those issued by the WAC shall be cause for immediate expulsion from the gathering and may subject the bearer, if a member, to further discipline by the WAC Board of Directors.
8. There shall be no promotion of, or soliciting for, commercial gun shows on WAC leased premises, including the parking lot. Any other solicitations, display or distribution of non-arms related material at WAC shows must have prior approval of the WAC Board of Directors, except for such club-related petitions as allowed in club By-laws.
9. There will be no parking on the Puyallup Fairgrounds except for those individuals with approved parking permits. All others will be towed at owner’s expense.
10. Puyallup Fire Dept. dictates NO SMOKING on the premises.
11. Taking of photographs, video or audio taping is prohibited without permission from either the Board of Directors or the Show Manager.
12. The sale of literature on the manufacture of unlawful explosive devices, silencers, full automatic firearms, booby-traps, and/or illegal terrorist tactics, etc. is prohibited. All anti-Semitic, racist and hate literature is prohibited. The sale of targets depicting the likeness of American Politicians is prohibited. If any of the above or other related material not listed shows up at a WAC gathering, the owner of that material shall be asked to remove it immediately.
13. In the event of disciplinary action taken against a member or members which leads to the revocation, cancellation, or suspension of membership in the Washington Arms Collectors, all monetary balances and credits with the Club shall be forfeited to the Washington Arms Collectors.
14. No person under 18 years of age will be admitted to WAC shows unless accompanied by an adult, parent or guardian or unless such person is a member of a group authorized by the Board or Show Manager such as Scouts, Civil Air Patrol Cadets, etc.
15. Any member who becomes disqualified from membership must immediately report the disqualification and the circumstances thereof to any Director, Officer or the WAC Office and must surrender his or her badge to the WAC.
16. Any member who learns that another member has become disqualified from membership must report the circumstances to any Director, Officer or the WAC Office. Failure to report such knowledge may be cause for disciplinary action.
17. Any member who is required to conduct a NICS background check on a sale of a firearm to a member at a gathering of members and who receives a denial, must IMMEDIATELY report said denial and the identity of the prospective purchaser to the Show Manager or his designee. Failure to report such information may be cause for disciplinary action.
18. Any member whose attempted purchase of a firearm at a gathering of members is denied by NICS is immediately suspended and must surrender his or her badge forthwith. The suspension of such member shall terminate upon reversal of the NICS denial.
19. Failure to appear before the WAC Board of Directors upon issuance of a written notification signed by the President or his designee may be cause for disciplinary action. Members may be disciplined by the BoD for misconduct or persistent trouble making. The Show Manager or a majority of the Board present may expel a member or guest from a gathering for these same reasons. The Show manager or a majority of the Board present may, at their discretion, refuse the entry or continued presence of a guest at a gathering.
20. Additional rule and related policies apply to all members and table holders. Copies may be obtained from the Show Manager.
"Look Betty, don't start up with your white zone shit again." -Airplane
I am the signature virus, please put me in your signature so I can spread