BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

So what is the verified maximum distance possible at this range ?

490 yds on the lower, and if you are willing to hump up another hill you can get about 550yds.

Prob with it is, 1.. It is a hell of a hump to set up targets so something Biodegradable or maybe blow up condoms or bigger balloons. and 2 even though this place is double gated there is  access avail to foot traffic (but we are talking a couple of miles to get where we would be) the gate gives access to DNR/USFS and a road that runs between the fireing point and the impact area(even though you would be shooting about 500 feet over the top of the road.)
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:44:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

490 yds on the lower, and if you are willing to hump up another hill you can get about 550yds.

Prob with it is, 1.. It is a hell of a hump to set up targets so something Biodegradable or maybe blow up condoms or bigger balloons. and 2 even though this place is double gated there is  access avail to foot traffic (but we are talking a couple of miles to get where we would be) the gate gives access to DNR/USFS and a road that runs between the fireing point and the impact area(even though you would be shooting about 500 feet over the top of the road.)

Sounds like too much work for too little distance, especially for a 50bmg.

keep looking
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:55:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

keep looking

your right, kinda short for 50 but for a 308, or something along that line, it is a good deal if done right. I guess my point is, This is not a blasting pit.

And as far as Too much work...Did I mention I have access to the gates?...I can drive all the way to the shooting point and halfway to the impact area... It is just the setting up of the targest that would be a bitch.

I'll keep looking.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:47:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That all being said, I think I have a new place to shoot that, but it is one of those types where you hump in in the morning to set up your targets and then come back a hour of so later to shoot the rest of the day and then go clean up your mess...You will need a good spotting scope and a good pair of hiking boots.

THAT'S why I bought a LaserRangeFinder...although the longer distance version would most likely apply for this particular 'problem'.
Somebody use their Credit Card and get an expensive LONG RANGE laser doohickey...
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not blasting the .50. It has its place and provides capabilities no other cartridge can. And for that reason you must get both

And that is what it is all about!...

I have a strong wanting for the .50 now Thanks asshole you know who you are!  But I sure would hate to have to hump that bitch if it ever came down to it.

That all being said, I think I have a new place to shoot that, but it is one of those types where you hump in in the morning to set up your targets and then come back a hour of so later to shoot the rest of the day and then go clean up your mess...You will need a good spotting scope and a good pair of hiking boots. this area can only support about 4 people, and it would be better suited for    slow take your time type scoped bolt gun practice.

Well I guess you can count me out.  Imangine Gibby hiking for than 20 yards?!  Just the mere thought sends shivers down my spine.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:19:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Well I guess you can count me out.  Imangine Gibby hiking for than 20 yards?!  Just the mere thought sends shivers down my spine.  

Damn tuff crowd...

I guess I will have to keep it all to myself then.

Dont say I never offer'd
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
THAT'S why I bought a LaserRangeFinder...although the longer distance version would most likely apply for this particular 'problem'.
Somebody use their Credit Card and get an expensive LONG RANGE laser doohickey...

I had a BUSHNELL yardargepro800  that was very accurite out to 999 yards or meters but the thing is very very old and doesnt work anymore.

I intend to replace it but havent found a model suitable for a 50bmg yet in an affordable price range, they exist in the higher price ranges but not for less than $1000.

I hear there are smaller optical range finders now, i may look into them
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:48:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn tuff crowd...

I guess I will have to keep it all to myself then.

Dont say I never offer'd

Come on now, I know you want to see how well the cams on a Leupold 3.5-10M3 work.

One minute elevation clicks make for fast come ups.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

keep looking

your right, kinda short for 50 but for a 308, or something along that line, it is a good deal if done right. I guess my point is, This is not a blasting pit.

And as far as Too much work...Did I mention I have access to the gates?...I can drive all the way to the shooting point and halfway to the impact area... It is just the setting up of the targest that would be a bitch.

I'll keep looking.

Well if there's some driving involved, I'd be game.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:06:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Driving ? no it's time for a helicopter.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:26:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Driving ? no it's time for a helicopter.

I aint get'n on if DaBunny is behind the control's....

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#12]
my head has healed most of the way,
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:37:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
my head has healed most of the way,

The physical harm it looking much better, It is the Psych harm that will take lots more time.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#14]
REAL men shoot .50 BMG's at the rock in the pit at GF.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

At point blank range?

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:51:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

and if I can figure out the making of an animated GIF we'll have visual effects...

Ok got it.

About 2.5meg

KA3B I need an email address for you.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top