Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2003 6:11:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Just make sure you 'click it, or ticket' before you send it.

TWO WSP's for Traffic, huh?
Yeah, that's effective budgeting...not.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:10:00 PM EDT
[#2]
My guess....

Hunter got a promotion to SGT. and she is breaking in the new troop. It is even a bigger waste to have a SGT. doing the traffic report. (but I think it is a big waste that my Tax$$$$ pay to have any troop doing T.V. traffic reports.)
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 5:59:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, but it's good to have the Troopers on TV making nice with the public.  I mean you wouldn't want to think all they do is hand out tickets in Fife and Olympia on the I5 corridor would you.

Think of it this way.  If she's on the KOMO set she's not giving 2WP a ticket for throwing his Jack in the Box bag out the window while doing 88 mph.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 5:59:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do we need two WSP troopers let alone one on TV giving traffic reports?  

It keeps them from bothering innocent people as well as ensures that the officers get home safe....
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Do we need two WSP troopers let alone one on TV giving traffic reports?  

It keeps them from bothering innocent people as well as ensures that the officers get home safe....

Horse shit!....(It bothers me!)

1 GR is right....We do not "NEED" to have any troopers doing a traffic report on the T.V. or on the Radio....If they wanted to be reporters they should have gone into T.V./Radio, or went after a job in Dispatch.

I Think that KOMO and whoever ownes them should be the ones that foot the bill for the troops not my tax dollars.

Now, I want to know how much of my tax dollars could be saved every year by ....Not entering my handguns into DOL , and Letting the little troopers have a job in broadcasting (getting rid of them, they are not needed on the streets?)
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:46:18 PM EDT
[#6]
You want to get pissed off?
Walk into most state offices and see just what you are paying for.  I worked for the state for 3 years until I quit because I realize it was turning me into a lazy, negitive complaining human being.  I realize there are state employees that bust their ass but they are few and far between.  I worked in a section of DOH where other departments dumped, rifed, their worthless employees that are to hard to fire.  I ordered 600.00 chairs, and 6.00 ea pens, prefered color office supplies/acces ect for new employees that wher making 11.00 an hour.  It made me sick. I watched a high end manager, 3 years from retirement, hire a manager to work under him so he could hide in his office every day and play on the computer.  High up directors created reorgs a couple times a year just to move people around (with paid state movers), create new management positions, and keep themselves looking busy.  The day I quit killed me financialy, but keep me on the tract of a human being.  
Here is a big one.  Next time you drop your kids off at school take a look at the school building and the playground.  The playground is always dead and brown in the summer and the buildings normaly have buckets indoors to catch rainwater from the bad roof.  Now look at your state building, its brand spanking new and fancy as can be, oh and the grass, flowers, trees, scrubs and sometime fountains are maintained daily.   PISSES ME OFF
Please pardon the spelling ect, the mind is working but the spelling part is swimming in VOX firewater.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:58:09 AM EDT
[#7]
For most of the WSP's history, Troopers were not allowed to work off duty jobs. Several years ago this was changed and WSP Trooper's are now permitted to work off duty jobs. This brings them in-line with most other LEO's in this state who have been authorized to work off duty for a long time.

When Monica is in the KOMO studio, KOMO is paying her. When she, or any other Trooper is being interviewed on the freeway, us taxpayers are paying.

Mike in Seattle
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Mike,

Why is she in Uniform?.....If she has a off duty job doing the traffic, What does that have to do with the WSP? (It is not like she is doing some off duty bar security.)

I don't wear my Fire Dept. uniform to teach my CPR classes if it is not on Dept. time. In Uniform = ON the job.

Im all for the troops doing a second job if they want, ( I do dispatch and Firefighting, and another gal I work with is a deputy and does dispatch also) But Im not sure if this is the case with KOMO and SGT. Hunter. If she is doing PIO type work, Then she should be on different stations, I have heard her on the Radio (KOMO A.M. 1000).....If she is pulling a second job, then that is fine by me. But now she is a SGT. and she should not need the other Job because she is pulling in the "BIG" bucks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top