Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2003 2:12:36 PM EDT
We didnt get an after action report. Have the .govs hijacked all units? Did you guys burn down the pit......again?

I didnt see anybody on the local news....

WTF?
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#1]
the chicken fried steak was good!

Soldiers that arrived for the full mission were myself 2wP, Busmaster.  Rebelgrey arrived for reinforcements at the mission objective and much shooting commenced.  

All of 2wPs guns worked for once, rebelgray finished the construcion of an AK variant using a rock as his only tool.

At one point a guy in hunter orange came out from the forest road.  I wonder what he thought of all the commotion.

One unknown shooter arrived and kept use from tanneriting the microwave that was found at the location.  Others arrived shortly (Swiss family deliverance) afterwards and we didn't shut down to clean up down range so it we settled for picking up the firing points and lugging out a large bag full of ammuntion boxes and spent shotgun shells.

Link Posted: 10/19/2003 6:46:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, for any of y'all that couldn't follow Phil-in-Seattles description of what happened, we had a great time, reintroduced a lot of lead back into the environment, and overall had a great Saturday.  Next time, come on out!  

CavVet, I'm sure we can work something out!
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 7:37:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Once again none of my guns killed me :)

With that Albanian SKS, and my trademark AK thats a real crapshoot. Taking the AK in to Randy as soon as I have the $$$ in the account to pick my 91/30PU from him, and have those screws tack-welded in and completely flattened to the reciever, as well as having the rivits completely flattened.

The issue with my magazines turned out not to be the loose rivits, but instead an area that I'd cut away in the magazine well had been bent by over zealous mag changes and was not allowing the magazine catch to seat properly.

Kinda dissapointed that I didnt get to see tannerite in action. All those KC videos looked pretty impressive. Next time indeed.

Wont be able to make the "punkin" shoot as my Nat'l Guard weekend has been changed to 1/2 Nov, and I'll be over in Port Orchard most of Saturday and Sunday, hopefully being told that we'll be deploying overseas soon...or not. Waiting stinks. Will keep up with the news though and attempt to show at more events.

Last bit of post-op news on my end is the wife was attentive and found me a nice 16" barrel for the pre-ban Norinco Uzi so I'll be able to take it out next time and shoot for a bit longer. Love that $10 Winchester Valu-Pak.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, the 'breech-baby' is bringin' up the rear here...

We had a great time, alright.
I kept urging 2WP to just ask the 'unknown soldier' if he minded loud noises, but, that'll have to wait.
I was glad to see the new units he brought function correctly.
AND, he introduced me to LULA...I'm in love!

Phil amazed us with some excellent pistol shooting and rapid slug shotgunning skills.

RebelGray had some cool stuff, as usual.  
And some funny stories to tell.

Your humble BusMaster found out two 3 important things that day:
1. The Beretta NEOS likes GOOD .22 ammo with some speed behind it.  The cheap, slow stuff gave me two hiccups.  The first time out with this gun, I used 'Velocitor' and it worked perfectly.
2. The 700 Police likes GOOD .308 ammo...not the cheap-shit CAVIM I had in the bag.
Last time I shot this bag-o-shit ammo, I had the rifle lock up for a few minutes.
This time, I had the same experience, but we determined it was CAVIM's fault!
I separated it from the rest of the ammo and killed it, with a couple more lock ups just to convince myself that was the cause.
Back to spending some more $$$ on decent ammo.
3. RED BEER and chicken fried steak is a GOOD breakfast!

Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:48:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
OK, the 'breech-baby' is bringin' up the rear here...

We had a great time, alright.
I kept urging 2WP to just ask the 'unknown soldier' if he minded loud noises, but, that'll have to wait.
I was glad to see the new units he brought function correctly.
AND, he introduced me to LULA...I'm in love!

Phil amazed us with some excellent pistol shooting and rapid slug shotgunning skills.

RebelGray had some cool stuff, as usual.  
And some funny stories to tell.

Your humble BusMaster found out two 3 important things that day:
1. The Beretta NEOS likes GOOD .22 ammo with some speed behind it.  The cheap, slow stuff gave me two hiccups.  The first time out with this gun, I used 'Velocitor' and it worked perfectly.
2. The 700 Police likes GOOD .308 ammo...not the cheap-shit CAVIM I had in the bag.
Last time I shot this bag-o-shit ammo, I had the rifle lock up for a few minutes.
This time, I had the same experience, but we determined it was CAVIM's fault!
I separated it from the rest of the ammo and killed it, with a couple more lock ups just to convince myself that was the cause.
Back to spending some more $$$ on decent ammo.
3. RED BEER and chicken fried steak is a GOOD breakfast!

Save the Bag-o-Shit for the .308 Enfield and Mauser sporters....you aught to get smacked for feeding a PSS that CAVIM crap....I wouldnt even feed my last FAL that stuff....
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#6]
The new Gun&Weapons for Law Enforcement issue for Jan. 2004 has an article by Chuck 'Combat Master of the Universe' Taylor re ammo for the 700 PSS / .308.
One of the best was the Hornady Light Magnum 165-gr., which is a major reason I chose the 26" bbl.
I just picked up the magazine this AM and haven't had a chance to read it all yet, but I did catch that part at least.
My 700 Police was never intended to be a 'match' rifle, so testing shitty ammo is a part of the program for that unit.  Now I know about CAVIM.
Live and learn.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top