Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2003 1:50:38 PM EDT
Anyone from there or know much about it?  My wife was offered a job, but I'm a bit reluctant to move from Alaska (I'd need to sell all of my MG's I hear).

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#1]
It's right by the Canadian border.  Maybe you can work out a deal to keep your MGs in order to thwart any attacks that our neighbors from the north may try to launch against us!

Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#2]
No way to keep your machine guns in Washington.
Idaho and Oregon are a good 6 hours away.

There is one gun range close by,
Custer Sportsman's Club
www.custersportsmensclub.com

And there is the Whatcom County gun range about an hour from Blain on I-5.
Plantation Rifle, Pistol, & Trap Range
www.co.whatcom.wa.us/parks/range/riflerange.jsp

The BellisFair Mall is not too far away. Lots of eye candy from Canada.

Living in Blain you would have to put up with the shit-for-brains Canadian drivers on the I-5 corridor.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I live in Seattle, but used to go to Canada a lot....

Blaine is a one horse town, cept the lost t he horse. The east side (of I-5) looks like a raggedy trailer park with houses, is 3 or 4 streets wide and 10 blocks long. The west side is 5 blocks wide and 6 blocks long and is the 'core' business district. 3 2 gas stations and a bank or two.

I will venture to guess she either works for a bank or the .gov, I really dont think there is much else. OK I take that back, they have opoened up some stuff off the truck crossing, think mini industrial park.

Only if her career depended on it AND she made five times my money would I even consider living in Blaine (MG's aside, that just makes it a HELL NO!), but, opinions are like fingerprints, ymmv, fly down to Vancouver BC, and drive the 30 miles and check it out. You just may like it.

Good luck and let us know!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Blaine is where, if you'll recall, our customs agents stopped terrorists originally trying to smuggle explosives into the coutry to use in sandiego I think it was. That was before 9/11, so you gotta wonder if those officers foiled a plot just as big as 9/11.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 8:13:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Blaine is where, if you'll recall, our customs agents stopped terrorists originally trying to smuggle explosives into the coutry to use in sandiego I think it was. That was before 9/11, so you gotta wonder if those officers foiled a plot just as big as 9/11.

It was Port Angeles....And they didnt foil it, the stupid terrorist wanna be made a number of MAJOR blunders.....The Seattle Times 3 years later is quite sensational....imagine that...

1) He was stupid.

2) He tried to import something he could have made here.

3) He got out and ran, IIRC, after he was cleared and good to go.

4) He was stupid.

The local news damn near laughed at the agents, who laughed themselves at the time, not believing he ran away.

He was stupid. Like the guy who tried to light his shoe on fire, in his seat. Not in the bathroom with the door locked, but in his seat.

Their pics should be posted at

www.we-are-stupid.com

Link Posted: 10/13/2003 10:09:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info.  No, she wouldn't make 5 times as much and yes she does have a choice.  I'd hate to sell off my MG collection & I love my great Alaskan freedom too :(
Think it's a no-go.  She isn't real keen on it either now that she's done some research on the area for herself....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top