Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2003 3:53:27 PM EDT
I am going to the Seahawks-49ers game on Sunday and was wondering if carrying into the stadium is allowed. I don't go anywhere unarmed and I don't really want to leave it in the car in the parking lot. I guess I am wondering also if you go through a metal detector or if there is a chance of being patted down.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't speak to pat downs or metal detectors at the stadium as I haven't been there myself.

However I will give you this from the WA-CCW email group

" In attending a recent seahawks game the
security people were patting everyone down on entry. (no I wasn't
carrying) but if I were on my hip it wouldn't be very concealed at
that point. The tickets that we had nowhere on the ticket did it
state "no weapons" but it did say ejection for failure to comply
with any "security policy""

The problem is that while Seahawk Stadium is a public facility and as such the state premeption should apply and bar them from prohibiting concelaed carry the stadium is un fact leased or in some other legal manner given to First and Goal to run and this means the private property exemption to state premption applies.

You're really in untested waters here, but AFAIK the worst they can do is ask you to leave the premises if you comply it's all good except you are out of the staduim, the real trouble for you would be if you refuse to comply with their order to leave.

I'm not a lawyer, I don't play one on TV, I've bnever even seen a concert truck.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 9:16:32 PM EDT
[#2]
And you may not get your tickets refunded if they want to be dix since you violated the "agreement."
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 12:17:02 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not illegal to carry but they have to right to not admit you if your carrying.

I will not attend a Hawks game if I'm getting patted down like a criminal, even if I weren't carrying.

They can check my bags for booze like the Mariners but that's it.

The Mariners and Sonics don't do that pat down bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 3:09:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone know the name of the Seahawks stadium? I am not a Hawks fan and as such I don't know the name. I will look up the number to the customer service and call and ask; in a sly way.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 9:56:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Anyone know the name of the Seahawks stadium? I am not a Hawks fan and as such I don't know the name. I will look up the number to the customer service and call and ask; in a sly way.

You said it...Seahawks Stadium!
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any public building in King County and Seattle that does not allow you access to the premises must have a secure place for you to store your weapon.  At least thats what both King County and Seattle officers have told me.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 8:23:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any public building in King County and Seattle that does not allow you access to the premises must have a secure place for you to store your weapon.  At least thats what both King County and Seattle officers have told me.

And as someone (me) said above:

"The problem is that while Seahawk Stadium is a public facility and as such the state premeption should apply and bar them from prohibiting concealed carry the stadium is in fact leased or in some other legal manner given to First and Goal to run and this means the private property exemption to state premption applies.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 11:43:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Just returned from the game thought I would finish this post. The official stance as stated on the website is that firearms/weapons are prohibited. That being said there was no mention and furthermore no sign posted at the stadium prohibiting CONCEALED carry. Walking through the gates the security was checking ALL bags but were not patting people down. I could have carried and no one would have even noticed; which is the point anyways.

On another note, we were six rows from the field. They were GREAT seats, even though the Niners lostit was fun. The Seahawks have themselves a VERY nice stadium. The best part was that where our seat were we had a really, really good view of the cheerleaders; there are some hotties in that group!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 5:51:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Next Question:

{BTW, I usually always carry}

Even if the zombies attack in the stadium, do you think using a firearm in a crowd of 80,000 people would be prudent? Do you think they would have a hard time making negligence charges stick?

Just curious if you have what I have, an undying what if internal program....
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:27:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Next Question:

Even if the zombies attack in the stadium, do you think using a firearm in a crowd of 80,000 people would be prudent? Do you think they would have a hard time making negligence charges stick?

But if he shoots like me there would be no chance of any missed shots hence no negligence would be found!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:55:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Next Question:

It's the walk back to your car that is most dangerous.  Especially if you're like me and don't like to pay to park.  I park up on Washington about 6 blocks North of Uwajamaia.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top