Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2003 6:58:02 PM EDT
Any one else have a place to shoot besides the capitol forect pit?
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 9:42:14 PM EDT
[#1]
WOOHOO!!!  I went to the closed pit today (looks like a temporary closure thankfully).   It was closed...so I had to scout around.

BOOM BABY!!!  I found a KICK ASS pit with killer back stop and more yardage than the trash heap we normally shoot at.  Very little debris present which included a few cans, paper, bottles, glass, stock air cleaner, a 7ft tall piece of 1" steel which my .308 would only dent(TINNNGGG), a few corugated plastic military type targets and a giant piece of sheeting with some 75 yard sight in targets and some concrete landscaping bricks.

This shooters paradise was 7 mile total distance up Notosch(spelling? off Wadell Creek Road) Road which I believe at some point becomes the C-LINE(same name as the road from Porter) and the pit was on C4000.  What a sweet pit.  BTW I left this pit cleaner than I found it by removing cans, plastic and paper.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 8:23:57 AM EDT
[#2]
So does that mean shadows is sponsering an ARFCOM event in the near future, say maybe next weekend?
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 9:46:20 AM EDT
[#3]
the way i understand it is that it is just a temporary closure. it was in the newspaper the other day that there were going to be some work in the area, and they don't want any of the workers to get shot. it is supposed to be open sometime at the end of the week i think.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 10:04:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So does that mean shadows is sponsering an ARFCOM event in the near future, say maybe next weekend?

NExt weekend you say???  As in August 16th?  Is anyone interested?  Shall we start a new thread???????
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 10:28:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry gents, I'll be at a rifle class in Chehalis that weekend. May still have some slots if anyone wants some learnin'.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 12:36:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I went to this pit on Monday and it isnt bad.  It certinaly has more distance than the lower pit, however there is only one area that you can fire into that isnt a rock face.  It really would not be a good place to host a shoot with all the rock face down range. It was VERY clean on Friday except for a few targets left out.  I went up again on thursday with a friend and the place was full of left targets, moniters, garbage and other crap.  I hope that all the left crap wasnt any of our members.  I hauled out a bunch of crap on Thursday and there was still more garbage there.  PLEAE PEOPLE MAKE AN EFFORT TO HAUL OUT YOUR CRAP AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN.  If we leave it looking like a trash heap it will become a dump just like the lower pit.  Also if it becomes a dump DNR will be sure to put a stop to us shooting there.  Please at least haul out your garbage.  Places to shoot are getting harder and harder to find.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top