Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2003 1:02:11 PM EDT
I'm seeing blue, baby!

Link Posted: 7/28/2003 1:50:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep GOOD TIMES. Last year I watched them from on top the Keybank Building on Mercer Island. Flew directly over us multiple times.

Link Posted: 7/28/2003 2:40:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice pic gtcrispy!  New wallpaper for me! :)
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 2:53:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree nice photo, but next time you need to make your exposure for the bottom of the planes.  Your camera saw that nice big blue sky and exposed for that, but that light isn't the same as the bottoms of the planes.

Increase your exposure by 1 to 1.5 stops over what the camera thinks is right to eliminate that silhouette effect and you can also try adding an 81A warming filter to help reduce the overall bluish tones in the shot.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Its a digital camera. Not sure if i can add a warming filter though I do have photoshop :)
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#5]
You could use a custom white balance to simulate the 81a if your camera has that capability but that's a real pain the butt.  There is always duct taping a filter across the lense too.  

On the other hand I haven't seen any tests that compare the UV sensitivity of various CCDs as compared to film so it may not be a valid technique.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:15:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Blah, blah, blah!~  It's the Blue Angels for crying out loud!  You pantywaists are argueing about the filter for the camera lens....sheesh.  I just like to feel them cruise over my building in formation.  Kinda makes my eyes well up.....
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#7]
It's because I'm jealous you fargin bastage!
I could only wish that the Angels would come buzz Green Lake while I'm outside having coffee.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top