Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2003 11:45:41 PM EDT
I read www.packing.org and it says contiguous states MAY be issued one with discretion.

Anyone know of anywhere in OR that they WILL give us a CCW?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:11:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I hear Clatsop County/Asoria is pretty easy being the County Sheriff is pro-gun, but then again I didn't have any trouble in Multnomah County/Portland and was told it was a bitch..Good luck...
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought that OR will honor WA CCWs.  I know that WA does not honor OR CCWs.  If this is true, why would you want an OR one if you already have a WA one?  Or am I drinking my bathwater?
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:20:29 PM EDT
[#3]
CaVet, I have both my WA CCW & OR CCW and I was told by the Multnomah County official proceesing my paperwork that OR will only issue a CCW for WA residents if they work in Multnomah County. This person said OR but mabye it is only liberal flodded Multnomah County. Here is what I found:
www.leg.state.or.us/03reg/measures/sb0300.dir/sb0352.intro.html

2WP, as far as I know OR does not honor WA permits and WA does not honor OR permits. I was told that OR doesn't honor WA permits because WA does not require proff of competency and/or training with a handgun before they will issue the permit.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 8:37:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
2WP, as far as I know OR does not honor WA permits and WA does not honor OR permits. I was told that OR doesn't honor WA permits because WA does not require proff of competency and/or training with a handgun before they will issue the permit.

Yes...Yes...

And OR won't accept the WA permit as the training qualification either....

Like I said before I hear Astoria is the shit man...I here they do most of the legwork for you making them very gun friendly...Multnomah County had me do everything for them. All they did is take my money...

Fact of the matter I think it was the Clatsop County Sheriff that was wanting "armed citizen patrols" to help protect important facilities after 9-11...Blew me away although I don't think this ever went into effect...

Good luck...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top