Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2003 11:27:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:28:33 PM EDT
[#1]
All this tells me is WAC is doing there job of policing themselves.   The straw purchaser (I'm betting) was turned in by the Vendor, or more likely now that I think of it (since ATF was there) they set this vendor up due to a tip or just out there trolling for a bust.

Thanks for the info..
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#2]
"straw purchase"

Whats that?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:00:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
"straw purchase"

Whats that?

That's where some scumdog felon no account get's his stupid ass girlfriend (or anyone else that can pass a background check) to purchase a weapon that he can't legally own.  Or in some cases where an adult buys a pistol for juvenile not his kid.  Kinda like buying beer for  teenagers but a lot more jail time.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:03:28 PM EDT
[#4]
So Stokes...  any new developments today? I wasn't able to make it to this show, but thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish I knew who the security guy's were by name, (I like the little hispanic guy he cracks me up!) but the bigger clean shaven guy with short hair was about ready to get my boot in his azz...  He decides to take a shot gun off of a table and throws it over his shoulder like he is carrying his daddys shotgun. then he says "this is what security needs to have around here, keep these people in line!" now i do get jokes, but he had the bbl pointed right at the back of my head, and the way I saw what was going on...he tipped my hat off of my head...this was not at this last show, it was at 2 shows ago in monroe, the other security guy that was with him (bigger grey hair) just gave him a look like "you are a dumbass" the look was funny to me so I kept my mouth shut, but as far as I care...they should stop posting all  of the dumbass things in the WAC newsletter till they clean house on them selves a little....Im not saying that security at wac is dumb, I have seen them do a great job, just I have a "issue" with bubba and his shotgun.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:30:22 AM EDT
[#6]
My favorite thing at WAC is the postban guns selling as prebans.  Example the medium pimping Steyr USR with a "real tree camo" steyr aug stock and after market flashider at the swell price of 4000+.  I always want to say something to the vender just in case they don't know but I don't because of the defensive vendors that go ape shit for pointing stuff like that out. Good ole gun/doll/lamp/jerky/hot whell/olives/starwars/lord of the rings/garlic/t shirt/sticker show.  What a blast!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:39:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:57:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I myself saw remnants of 3 episodes on Saturday.

One in the Saturday room, a member was really trying to get into it with Security.  The member was getting a little loud and claiming he didn't know the rule and "dared" security to toss him out.  The member did leave at least the area on his own.

Another incident I saw the vendor pleading his case with Security but an hour later his table was empty.  He must have gotten the boot.

The last incident had the vendor giving money back to a paid admission under the scrutiny and guidance of security.  I don't know what for and I wasn't around the show long enough after that to see if that vendor got the boot too for something.

All in all a hard day for security and even taking incidents like R-32s into account they do a good job for us.  
The rules is simple, no member no gun.  Pretty darn simple.

I'd love to know more about that happened with the arrest though.

We all probably saw "Justin's" ABSOLUTELY LEGAL AR purchase on TV news a few months ago.  People are out to make our shows and person to person sales become a part of history. Some things we do to cover our butts sure are a hassle but it's smart to keep our noses perfectly clean.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top