Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 22
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Some storm aftermath in Tarentum, Pa, near where I work.
This is a nice memorial park along the river.  Lots of neat old ordnance there,including an M-60 tank.  Not sure if a A1 or A3.
Big old tree snapped as it was hollow inside.   I’m told there was lots of shingles and siding blown off houses up in Natrona Heights.
And there was a church in New Ken that had its roof completely blown off

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

https://triblive.com/local/regional/airport-hangars-destroyed-church-roof-ripped-off-by-high-winds/

Now looking at pictures of that church roof, and the location it’s in, I’m surprised the copper thieves didn’t haul it all away before the news photographers got there.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 9:04:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I know that park well; I grew up in Tarentum.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 9:17:18 PM EDT
[#3]
A guy down the road from me lost half a roof from his new steel building.

I just found out.. I also slept right through all this.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 10:19:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Hello all from beaver county. Never used to have time to be on here till my mill shut its doors permanently.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hello all from beaver county. Never used to have time to be on here till my mill shut its doors permanently.
View Quote

Sorry to hear that.

Probably be alot of jobs at the cracker plant when it opens.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Midland?
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 1:54:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where in Beaver county? I'm local as well.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Ambridge is where my mill was.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 3:55:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ambridge is where my mill was.
View Quote

I'm right across the river.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah I think we talked years ago. After 12 years they said see ya. Lost $28 a hour. May have to move for a good job.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Was out for a few hours today trying to get a turkey. Had a bunch gobbling on the roost but they all got quiet after they came down. Oh well, back out again Friday hopefully!
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 9:44:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By laxman09:
Was out for a few hours today trying to get a turkey. Had a bunch gobbling on the roost but they all got quiet after they came down. Oh well, back out again Friday hopefully!
View Quote

Lucky! I wanted to go out, i had to get a headstart mowing though. It was the forst of the year and bad lol. Hoping to get out this saturday. Ive also had a lot of birds come in silent after the roost. Also spooked a few not knowing they had come in. Be patient they will come!  Anyone hunt over by the pa state lands in burgettstown?
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:09:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Jbdpayne:

Lucky! I wanted to go out, i had to get a headstart mowing though. It was the forst of the year and bad lol. Hoping to get out this saturday. Ive also had a lot of birds come in silent after the roost. Also spooked a few not knowing they had come in. Be patient they will come!  Anyone hunt over by the pa state lands in burgettstown?
View Quote

I used to hunt Hillman State Park all the time. Or are you talking about SG117 to the south of that?
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 7:11:28 PM EDT
[#14]

I used to hunt Hillman State Park all the time. Or are you talking about SG117 to the south of that?
View Quote

Yes sir, state game lands 117 near the high school. I recently moved over outside midway, and thats the closest drive for me (about 15 min). Other than that i always try to get home to hunt with family in north central PA, but thats not always feasible
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Yes sir, state game lands 117 near the high school. I recently moved over outside midway, and thats the closest drive for me (about 15 min). Other than that i always try to get home to hunt with family in north central PA, but thats not always feasible
View Quote

Ive never hunted that one before but Ive heard a lot of people do.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:53:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Ive never hunted that one before but Ive heard a lot of people do.
View Quote

Ill have to try it out and report back, i have only hunted the claysville one for state land. Gotta get my dang baseboard heat pipes fixed first. All my valves in the system have finally taken a dump. Know any reliable hvac contractors? Lol
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Ill have to try it out and report back, i have only hunted the claysville one for state land. Gotta get my dang baseboard heat pipes fixed first. All my valves in the system have finally taken a dump. Know any reliable hvac contractors? Lol
View Quote

Not down that way, sorry. But check back someone else here might have a suggestion for you.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Ill have to try it out and report back, i have only hunted the claysville one for state land. Gotta get my dang baseboard heat pipes fixed first. All my valves in the system have finally taken a dump. Know any reliable hvac contractors? Lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ive never hunted that one before but Ive heard a lot of people do.

what kind of system do you have?
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 2:00:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By OverScoped:
what kind of system do you have?
View Quote

Heating oil boiler (optional wood boiler too) with 4 baseboard heat zones. Had a company come fix a leaking valve through home warranty while i was gone and they didnt isolate the other zones causing a lot of trapped air. I havent been able to purge the one loop out successfully. In the process i have had 3 other valves on the loops start to leak after being used to purge. I can replace the threaded ones but the soldered ones are no go and need someone to tey and purge this other loop. The valves leaking are 400 wog rated, and do not have packing nuts to adjust
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:23:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Got out for the forst thing this morning to the gamelands in burgettstown. Very thick on the side i was at, had a gobbler henned up in the field before i left. Also had probably 30 ticks on me when i got to the truck
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Those games lands at Burgettstown (north side of 22) have to be one of THE worst spots for ticks in SW Pa
I stopped there after work several years ago to see if I could find any morels.
All I got were ticks all over me, then on my car seat.  Still found some that were on my car seat the next day.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 6:59:54 PM EDT
[#22]
That was my first time there, saw a nice gobbler strutting with a few hens but not close enought to take. Just wouldnt budge. Ive only ever hunted the claysville gamelands and never had ticks like i had here though
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That was my first time there, saw a nice gobbler strutting with a few hens but not close enought to take. Just wouldnt budge. Ive only ever hunted the claysville gamelands and never had ticks like i had here though
View Quote

ticks are bad this year, all over the area.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:11:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

ticks are bad this year, all over the area.
View Quote

Had them in my damn yard this year.  Sprayed later that night. Cant have my daughter picking one up.

Or the dag.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 11:56:17 PM EDT
[#25]
The South Hills at night.

Link Posted: 6/13/2020 3:44:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Would any of you guys be interested in an area meet up?  Thinking of maybe a meet n great at Primatis in Cranberry or Robinson.  Or a hike on the Montour Trail?  Would all depend on interest.  

@OverScoped
@JQ66
@JK_Pyre
@josepi
@Jbdpayne
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 3:46:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Would any of you guys be interested in an area meet up?  Thinking of maybe a meet n great at Primatis in Cranberry or Robinson.  Or a hike on the Montour Trail?  Would all depend on interest.  

@OverScoped
@JQ66
@JK_Pyre
@josepi
@Jbdpayne
View Quote

@Hill_Monkey
@camarojsmith
@FLchuck8
@dmac7979
@piccolo

Link Posted: 6/13/2020 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

@Keystone10mm
@Kingnuke32
@bulump

Just went through the thread and hit up the guys that post the most. Anyone else feel free to chime in!
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#29]
I’d be up for it, however I crippled over getting up from my office chair and am suffering from some pretty fucking bad lower back pain right now.

Possibly in the future....
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 5:04:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I’d be up for it, however I crippled over getting up from my office chair and am suffering from some pretty fucking bad lower back pain right now.

Possibly in the future....
View Quote

So put you down for beers and not a hike
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey I'm looking at attending grad school in Pittsburgh and I'd be working full time as well! I'd be looking at living in the Imperial area or the Monroeville/Warrendale area. Any tips you folks can give a Midwesterner about Pittsburgh?
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 5:23:56 PM EDT
[#32]
I think a Pittsburgh Arfcom meet up of sorts is due; doesn't have to be anything all that special. It could even be just a few of us gathering to say hey.

I've met a few of yinz in person already. Happy to say I've hunted with one of them the past few years.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hey I'm looking at attending grad school in Pittsburgh and I'd be working full time as well! I'd be looking at living in the Imperial area or the Monroeville/Warrendale area. Any tips you folks can give a Midwesterner about Pittsburgh?
View Quote

Those are three totally different areas. What school are you going to? Where will you be working? Where you live is really determined by how horrible of a commute you want.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I think a Pittsburgh Arfcom meet up of sorts is due; doesn't have to be anything all that special. It could even be just a few of us gathering to say hey.

I've met a few of yinz in person already. Happy to say I've hunted with one of them the past few years.
View Quote

I'm up for whatever. I think it's overdue as well, especially considering all that's going on.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Those are three totally different areas. What school are you going to? Where will you be working? Where you live is really determined by how horrible of a commute you want.
View Quote

I'll be going to U Pitt for their Masters of Public Policy. Job wise I've applied at Amazon in Imperial and for a few positions at the Department of Energy.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'll be going to U Pitt for their Masters of Public Policy. Job wise I've applied at Amazon in Imperial and for a few positions at the Department of Energy.
View Quote

That's a tough call. No matter what you're going through at least one tunnel. If you're in school only 1 or 2 days a week I'd stay west of the city. Robinson, imperial, moon, coraopolis.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's a tough call. No matter what you're going through at least one tunnel. If you're in school only 1 or 2 days a week I'd stay west of the city. Robinson, imperial, moon, coraopolis.
View Quote

I've looked into Coraopolis. It seems like a quaint place. I'm used to being at least 3 miles from my nearest neighbor so I might need some adjustment.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 5:56:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I've looked into Coraopolis. It seems like a quaint place. I'm used to being at least 3 miles from my nearest neighbor so I might need some adjustment.
View Quote

Welcome to Pittsburgh, not a lot of space until you get outside Allegheny county.

Feel free to PM if you have any questions.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#39]
I'll be in for a meet n greet.

Link Posted: 6/13/2020 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

@Keystone10mm
@Kingnuke32
@bulump

Just went through the thread and hit up the guys that post the most. Anyone else feel free to chime in!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Keystone10mm
@Kingnuke32
@bulump

If I am in town, you betcha.

Whoever is putting this together let me know and I'll give you my schedule. Opsec prevents me from posting it here.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 6:12:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If I am in town, you betcha.

Whoever is putting this together let me know and I'll give you my schedule. Opsec prevents me from posting it here.
View Quote

Looks like it's me. Shoot me a pm and I'll see what I can do.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 6:33:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

@Hill_Monkey
@camarojsmith
@FLchuck8
@dmac7979
@piccolo

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@OverScoped
@JQ66
@JK_Pyre
@josepi
@Jbdpayne

@Hill_Monkey
@camarojsmith
@FLchuck8
@dmac7979
@piccolo

Adding @PA452 to the mix
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

https://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/wholesome-social-distancing-coronavirus-fb28-png__700.jpg

I'm up for whatever. I think it's overdue as well, especially considering all that's going on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/wholesome-social-distancing-coronavirus-fb28-png__700.jpg

In true Arfcom fashion, we gather and coexist as close to one another as possible barring sword fighting. Witness me
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 7:00:09 PM EDT
[#44]
We had a very active SWFL HTF.  I'd toss my hat in for anything.  

Chuck
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Anyone have a preference for Robinson vs Cranberry?
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 7:06:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Given the pipelines of highways, I'd say Cranberry.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I vote cranberry also...
I live near neither however Robinson is a traffic nightmare
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I vote cranberry also...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I vote cranberry also...

I figured that would be the best. I'm waiting to hear from piccolo to figure out a date hopefully in the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I figured that would be the best. I'm waiting to hear from piccolo to figure out a date hopefully in the next few weeks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I vote cranberry also...

He will have no problem with cranberry
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#50]
I would be OK with either venue
Cranberry definitely more convenient for me however.  

Would deepens on my work schedule.  Occasionally I have to work an odd midnight shift.
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top