Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2017 9:23:05 AM EDT
Subject line says it all.
Need a property appraiser for a chunk of land locked land near Cherry Tree, PA 15724.

A chunk of family owned property I'm looking to purchase, but I need an appraisal to base an offer off of.

TIA
millerized at gmail
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#1]
NM.
Found one who will do the work for me.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#2]
AND....Jeff Luzier from Luzier Quality Services out of Clearfield failed to show up last Friday as scheduled.
Don't bother calling them, they don't even answer the phone or return your call when a message is left.

Not like I drove 3hrs to be there or anything.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AND....Jeff Luzier from Luzier Quality Services out of Clearfield failed to show up last Friday as scheduled.
Don't bother calling them, they don't even answer the phone or return your call when a message is left.

Not like I drove 3hrs to be there or anything.
View Quote
whats his excuse?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:02:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Never got a return call. Never a return email. All I can do is guess as to the reason they never responded.
Original scheduling email said he'd be there because he likes to walk the site, and he'd collect payment at that point.
Friday morning I left a message to verify arrival time (none was noted), but 6PM came and went without a peep.
No one showed up Saturday either. I left the property Sunday afternoon.
I had both phones with me and on all day, with no return calls ever received, nor messages left.
I cancelled the order when I got back Monday. To date, no return response.
At $500 for an appraisal, I'm sure glad payment was at the point of service, not pre-paid.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 5:32:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Never got a return call. Never a return email. All I can do is guess as to the reason they never responded.
Original scheduling email said he'd be there because he likes to walk the site, and he'd collect payment at that point.
Friday morning I left a message to verify arrival time (none was noted), but 6PM came and went without a peep.
No one showed up Saturday either. I left the property Sunday afternoon.
I had both phones with me and on all day, with no return calls ever received, nor messages left.
I cancelled the order when I got back Monday. To date, no return response.
At $500 for an appraisal, I'm sure glad payment was at the point of service, not pre-paid.
View Quote
how much land is this parcel?  I can give you a ballpark over the net for free.
is it hilly? is there a stream or lake? is it marshy?  are there mineral rights included? how close is it to a highway or street? will an easement be granted for access?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:57:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
how much land is this parcel?  I can give you a ballpark over the net for free.
is it hilly? is there a stream or lake? is it marshy?  are there mineral rights included? how close is it to a highway or street? will an easement be granted for access?
View Quote
9.51ac, all open field.
Northern facing, 125' rise from bottom to top.
No stream or lake.
Not marshy.
Mineral rights included.
One corner is 250' from a paved road.
Permanent access will be with the purchase of an adjacent piece of property, but current access is verbally granted and dependent on maintaining the driveway. It's family, but no deeded or written access on the books. That property will be sold within the next few years.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:36:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Without an easement in writing,  its worth less than ag land. Comps in that area are 2k per acre, over 5 acres with road frontage and possible utilities. 

I know it's family and all, but as it sits now it's worth about 750-1000 per acre, with  full rights.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:43:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Exactly what I've been told previously.
I was offering $1k ac as being more than fair and being a 'family' thing and all.
Seems I'm not far off as it sits now.

It would cost me $10K to buy the adjacent 1.4ac to buy my way into an owned driveway.
I can wait until the cousin's property goes up for sale and buy house and all to get a driveway. (probably $60K plus)
I can try to get an easement across his land in writing at the point of sale if I don't buy it.
But, until then, being family, I'll continue maintenance on the shared driveway and maintain friendly neighbor status as long as possible.

Hoping it'll be a bit easier than when I first tried it with 3 sons, but the last living son (uncle) has indicated he's finally ready.
Been working on this for 8yrs now. I think this is my final attempt.
Would love to have it, but I don't want to continue to waste my time.

We'll find out what happens next month. Let you know.
Thanks for your help on this.

(ETA; just spoke with the family lawyer, and we can quit-claim if they'll go for it, and we can have it done fast in October. I'll talk to the family lawyer again to see cost vs. benefit since I'm still a WV resident until I move onto it in a few years. Non-resident taxes, I've been told, are higher. Homesteading Act IIRC. Keep it just in her name until I move, transfer it to me at that point...everybody wins? Again, another discussion or 12 is necessary.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top