Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 7:09:57 PM EDT
I understand that the show will open friday evening this time March 10, 11, and 12.   I wonder if all the dealers will be set up by friday.  I would hate to go up friday and half the dealers not be open.   This is a first as far as I remember.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:18:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I was thinking about going friday BUT the entry fee that day is $16 I think.  It will be open 4pm to 8pm.  Might be worth it to avoid the interesting peoplehem
DAROGUE1
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:05:16 AM EDT
[#2]
What? $16!!!!!

I hope that was a printing error.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:09:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's what I found:

Buyers Preview & Sale

Friday  4 to 8 p.m.  -  Admission  $15

General Admission:  $8

Saturday   9 a.m. to 5 p.m.                    
Sunday    9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:08:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought so! I was at work when I typed it the first time.  so, was off by a buck....eehh.  Still may have to go friday night if we common people are allowed.  I have off friday night and have to work night shift next weekend. This reminds me, I want to e-mail them about this!

DAROGUE1
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Arrggghhh.....I'm going to miss the show due to travel.  I'm flying down to TN Friday morning :(

And sorry even if I could go, I'm not going to pay $15 to get a sneak peek.  I'd much rather wait till Saturday and pay the normal fee.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I am also planning on attending friday night.  If anyone can find out more information about purchases etc for friday night please let me know.  Thanks

Brian
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:19:14 PM EDT
[#7]
might be worth it for a collector, but all i ever pick up there is ammo.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:09:38 AM EDT
[#8]
yea, i bought my first handgun there a few years back, an hkuspc40 and got it for a pretty decent price.  But most of the time you spend there you have to weed through the junk that people are trying to sell..........
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:30:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Brian,

If you do go on Friday would you mind posting about the show and how worthwhile it would be to attend.

Thanks,
Gary
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, just checked their web site.  Friday it is open to the public for the $15 fee.  I think that I may go then just because I do not have to work.  Anybody else want to meet up then.  You can IM me if you want.  I will let you know mid week for sure but it is looking good for friday.  Maybe we would get a better deal if they think we are there to buy and not a bunch of lookie loos.  We could always form a "buying group" to make it look good.  What do you think?  I am mostly after ammo but an underfolding AK would not be bad.  Also want to look for M1A.

DAROGUE1
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:19:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm not sure that going to most of these gun shows is worth it right now.

Seems the ammo shortage and price increases make me think staying home and reloading would be a more worthwhile venture.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#12]
So what's so special about Friday?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Brian,

If you do go on Friday would you mind posting about the show and how worthwhile it would be to attend.

Thanks,
Gary

Yea no problem, I am definitely planning on going friday. (its the only day i can go)  Hopefully most of the vendors will be there already.......

Brian
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:02:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So what's so special about Friday?

First chance at the "deals".
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I might go on Friday.  I plan on going shooting all day Saturday, so I'll be there with my ARFcom ammo price list in hand as well as some comparisons for other items.

I'll report back if I'm going,
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:38:23 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll probably go on Friday since it is the only day I can go.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm gonna be working late Friday, so I may not be able to go at all.  

I really just wanted to pick up some ammo and maybe a Bulgie Mak, and I doubt I'll find tremendous deals on either.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:02:12 PM EDT
[#18]
the main deal with the friday thing is:
1)rent for the 3 days went up
2)insurance for the show went up
3) the promoters figured it would be good to start the show friday,to get one more day out of the event,to cover the new costs.
this adds up to:
they can say friday is the preview,its special,so they an almost double the admission fee.but in reality if you go friday,your just paying the rent for them, so they dont lose any money.
as a former gun shop/show manager,i can tell you its 60 bux a table for the show...10 tables @60 each=600 clams.
its a scam they just want YOU to pay the increased costs of putting on the show.
even at 15 bux on friday, do you really think its going to be any better than on sat?
yes less dickbeaters getting in the way,but not all of the dealers set up on friday,alot set up on sat between 7-9. so you may not even see all of the dealers on friday.
buyer beware.
ETA: table cost are now 70 per....70x700=49000 bux+your 15 or 8.......
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#19]
A lot of antique shows do this as well. If you want to get in first, to get the good stuff before its all bought up, and avoid the crowds that are always there, you have to pay a premium.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:31:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
A lot of antique shows do this as well. If you want to get in first, to get the good stuff before its all bought up, and avoid the crowds that are always there, you have to pay a premium.

I'm too cheap to pay a premium.  As such, I'll be going Saturday .  I figure if I find something then it was meant to be.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:44:21 AM EDT
[#21]
I will be going Sunday .

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:05:22 AM EDT
[#22]
I'll be going on Saturday.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#23]
News flash: The good stuff is gone before the Friday preview by circulating dealers that scoop it up.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:48:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Do we have a Friday update yet?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:44:34 PM EDT
[#25]
alright friday update.....

Positives----beat most of the wingnuts there which was kind of nice to not have to deal with the crowds.  Got a jump on some good prices.  I mostly bought small stuff.

Negatives------well it wasnt worth the 15 bucks, there was no special sale that i could tell of.  You still ran into the over priced items where dealers act like they arent trying to rip you off.  Also not all of the dealers were there today, however most were.

I think it is definitely worth the trip this weekend.  There was some pretty good deals and some nice lookiing ARs.  Ammo case prices were pretty good as well.  

Brian
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Good recon mission Brian, Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:52:52 PM EDT
[#27]
The show was alright. But I did get a Vector Arms Underfolder!!!!!

Almost forgot......

I thought I saw an AR-180B, as I do have an on again, off again interest in this rifle.

Guess what it was a V18 vuclan is know making AR-180s It has an AR-15 lower, FAL handguards and buttstock, a bunch of rails, but I do have to give vulcan credit on something, on the website it does say that it has a chrome lined barrel. But IMHO since it is what it is vulcan can keep it!

Go to www.vulcanarmament.com to see this bastard child.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top