Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 8:51:17 AM EDT
Hello, free-staters,
I am looking for a lower, skeleton stock, match trigger.
If you had a choice as to going to a gun show in King of Prussia or Harrisburg, which would you go to in order to find EBR stuff ?  (I think both have a show in March.)
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I've  been to the King of Prussia show several times, there's a good chance you'll find a lower and the stock. I haven't seen  match triggers there, but you never know - sometimes something new shows up. I will tell you however, you will pay too much for those items at the KoP show, those particular items can be found in the Equipment Exchange here at AR15 for much less. Even with shipping costs you will save money and have a better selection of quality goods here at the EE. I go to the show just to buy bulk ammo, and check things out first hand before I order them from vendors listed in the  EE. PK firearms, Tactical Solutions, DSG arms, G&R tactical, Dennys Guns, have provided me with very good service and prices. Check out prices and the parts here, then go to the show and compare - doing so, your money will be better spent.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  Coincidentally for the first time, I just ordered from Denny's and may very well order again.  You are right on prices as I have gone to a couple of gun shows in Middletown and in Connecticut and found no savings at all.  Is it true regarding the Harrisburg Farm Show Complex as well?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:34:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I went to the December show at the Farm Show Building and, while it was a worthwhile experience, you really need to know what you are looking at and for...check the vendors on here, have a very good idea what you can get for your money and don't be afraid to haggle at the gun show.

Honestly, I just enjoyed looking at the NFA stuff at the show and spent less than $75 total.  Between my father in law's stash of parts, the vendors on here, and most particularly the EE, I usually make out just fine.

Bottom line...know what you can get it for online, then go get it in your hands, mess with it, and if they won't deal, go home and buy it off of someone on here...

(P.S.  I think the vendors at the gun show were getting tired of hearing me say, "Hell, I can get that for alot less on the EE."  LOL)
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hello, free-staters,
I am looking for a lower, skeleton stock, match trigger.
If you had a choice as to going to a gun show in King of Prussia or Harrisburg, which would you go to in order to find EBR stuff ?  (I think both have a show in March.)

Either show should have what you need , prices on those items will be reasonable.
PA shows are MUCH MORE Competitive than NY , these guys really want to sell stuff

Harrisburg is March   18-19
ValleyForge is March 11-12
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:14:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone have directions to Harrisburg? or an address that I can search for on Mapquest.com.
Thanks. Maryland shows have sunk to an unbelieveable low. I have tried VA but not PA. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:00:59 PM EDT
[#6]
You can use 81 north or 83 north.  Give me an idea of where you are and I'll get you to the front door...

1200 vendor tables at Harrisburg...

I spent over three hours there in December and didn't get to see everything.  (My 6 y/o son was very bored after the first hour, so that made it a bit tough.  LOL)

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You can use 81 north or 83 north.  Give me an idea of where you are and I'll get you to the front door...

1200 vendor tables at Harrisburg...

I spent over three hours there in December and didn't get to see everything.  (My 6 y/o son was very bored after the first hour, so that made it a bit tough.  LOL)

Coming from southern MD, so I guess 83 N will be the starting point. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:52:12 AM EDT
[#8]
We don't carry lowers (everything but), but do have some of the Chip McCormick drop in match triggers in stock and will have them at both the VF and Harrisburg shows.

IMHO VF is the better of the two shows, but both are very worthwhile.

- Dan (Area 51 Tactical)
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:24:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Are you a vendor? I looked for you at Chantilly, but did not see a sign.

Quoted:
We don't carry lowers (everything but), but do have some of the Chip McCormick drop in match triggers in stock and will have them at both the VF and Harrisburg shows.

IMHO VF is the better of the two shows, but both are very worthwhile.

- Dan (Area 51 Tactical)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top