Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 10:12:17 AM EDT
Has anyone been to the Washington County Fairgrounds for their gun shows?  How does it compare to the Monroeville expo mart shows?  Is it worth checking out?  It'd be nice to find a place to buy bulk brass/bullets.

Thanks for any info.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I was there one time last year.  It is a very small show.  I looked at everything in about 30 minutes.  Lot of junk as well.  I doubt I will ever go back unless I want to kill some time and look at some guns.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The Washington Co. Fairgrounds show is the same people as at Rostraver Ice Arena and the old Scottsdale FD shows.Very small,some good deals if you know what you're looking for,some junk,more flea mkt. items than are permitted at the PGCA Expo-mart shows.Food isn't bad and if you don't have to drive far to reach it, it's a nice way to spend an hour or so.YMMV.tom.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:25:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll echo what Deputy Tom said. Small show but you can find deals. It does seems that the dealers can be more willing to deal than at Monroeville but don't expect anything great. It's $5 to get in and not a bad way to kill an hour.

Longhunter1757
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:12:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll 2nd...or 3rd what deputy_tom & longhunter1757 said. The only thing I can add is another way this show differs from the Monroeville Expo-Mart show is that you can actually walk in the isles at this show and pay attention to the guns on the tables.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:57:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I like these shows.  They are small, but much friendlier than the ExpoMart.  

Seems to be mostly dealers with used guns and personal collections.  I've found some fantastic deals at the last couple Washington Shows on long guns from non FFL's.  

I have not seen much in the way of bulk brass/bullets at these shows.  There may be a guy or two with some powder and dies.  If Guzyk is there, he'll probably be the only one with bulk ammo.  

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:54:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I was at the show this morning.  It wasn't too bad at all.  More guns and less flea market junk than they've had in a while.  A few tables with AR's and related items.  Guzyk was there with his usual good deals on bulk ammo (He also had a nice selection of AR's and AK's, including stripped AK receivers).  Blue Line also had some nice AR stuff.  I found a very nice deal on a KelTec 3AT.

Good show.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't get there until around 11am and it was crowded.A vendor buddy of mine said they really did some advertising and that is what brought out the crowd.I think the weather had a lot to do with it as well.Did some swapping and enjoyed the show for about an hour like usual.tom.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:57:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Were there many tables with handguns? I am looking for a Glock 32 or even a 23. I hope to find a decent deal on a used one.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:44:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Were there many tables with handguns? I am looking for a Glock 32 or even a 23. I hope to find a decent deal on a used one.

Yes,many Glocks and other pistols new and used.tom.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I was there today. Saw a G32 I was interested in but I stopped down at Ace & they had a sweet used G31C that I picked up for a good deal.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I was there today. Saw a G32 I was interested in but I stopped down at Ace & they had a sweet used G31C that I picked up for a good deal.

Excellent.tom.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top