Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2003 11:25:15 AM EDT
This was a hot topic for a while, then died.  

If there is still interest, I'm willing to host a get-together at the Coraopolis Sportsmen's Club.  

We could do it in conjuction with one of my military fun matches (see topic "SW PA Match Sched") or we could do it as a seperate event (subject to clubhouse availability).  

Anybody interested?
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:32:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Absolutley if I ever get my AR.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:15:31 PM EDT
[#2]
My Dad and I are in.  I'm the one with all the ARs, but he's got the wheels!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#3]
What date?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:38:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Since I already have the clubhouse and range reserved, how about if we do it in conjunction with the bolt/semi shoot on Sunday, June 22?

We can do the 50 round match at 1:00, with unlimited shooting from Noon - 1:00 (and unlimited shooting for the rest of the afternoon following the match).  

As long as you're safe on the range, you're welcome to come.  

All you need is $10 and plenty of ammo. I'll have targets, a grill, hotdogs, sodas, etc.

Feel free to wear camo (or your guillie suit), affix your bayonet, or bring your mom's combat boots for luck.  

Also, feel free to bring stuff to show off and/or swap.  (I need a nice Danish Garand bayonet if you've got an extra one in your sock drawer).

SHOOTIN4FUN:  Come anyway and bring whatever you have (an AK, SKS, whatever) or somebody will give you a loaner.  

If you need directions, have questions and/or (polite) suggestions, email me at [email protected] or post here.

I look forward to meeting some of you guys.

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:42:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Har4: Thanks for the offer this is one reason the site is so great people are willing to help a brother out. But I think my AR is on the way. I will definitly try to be there. I'll have to get all my chores done so the wife will let me go.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn I promised my secretary I'd take her on a poker run that day. Maybe it'll fall through and I can make it.
R2K
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 12:14:28 PM EDT
[#7]
will be at sea that date.   Sorrrreeee.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:56:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Question:

Does anyone leave in/near Shadyside, who could give me a ride?  I think my Dad will be out of town on that date, and I have a visual disability and don't drive.  I'd love to make it, though, if anybody could lend a helping hand.

I'll check with my Dad tonight to confirm whether he'll be here or not.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I can probably make it, Sharkman where is Shadyside ? I will be coming from the Mt.Pleasant area south of New Stanton If its on the way Ill be happy to pick you up enroute.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:17:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Good deal.  I'm looking forward to this and am glad some of you guys can make it.  

I got 500 rounds of 5.56 for father's day, so I am set.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#11]
It was a beautiful day at the range.  9 shooters participated, although Offctr was the only other member of this board that made it.  

We had a couple AR's (Colt & Rock River NM), some FAL's, an AK, lots of Mosin Nagants, a 1911 Schmidt-Rubin (who's operator was wearing a complete - including the hobnailed boots and fur backpack - vintage Swiss Army Uniform), an Enfield, a few Mausers, one of those floating survival .22 rifles that pilots used to carry and various other small arms.  Oops, almost forgot the Civil War Era Springfield Rolling Block that we  all took turns firing (that is one BIG bullet).  
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:57:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Har
Thanks for hosting the match. Had a great time tho I shoulda extended the bayo on the mosin earlier it really made a diffrence. Shoulders gonna stay sore for a few days....
Thanks agian look fwd to the next time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top