Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/10/2017 4:20:46 PM EDT
First game I caught this year.
Losing 17-35 with 2 minutes left.
Guess they aren't going 16-0 this year
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I really hope that they don't get David messed up. That kid has talent.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 6:40:40 PM EDT
[#2]
They were sloppy, they looked gassed the whole time.. there was no spring in their steps.  They could not catch the ball.  Carson was running for his life.  They forgot to take their football pill this morning or something.

I hope this was their come to Jesus moment

and

Go Cardinals!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 6:57:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Cardinals, Cats, Devils and Jacks.  

2-5.  And one of those wins was the Wildcats over NAU. Gonna be a great year. 
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:38:19 PM EDT
[#4]
We can ALWAYS count on the Cardinals to let us down .
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:53:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We can ALWAYS count on the Cardinals to let us down .
View Quote
Yes.  Ever since Bidwell brought them here (as a losing team) and charged the highest season ticket prices in the NFL.  They lost me at that point.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#6]
May as well start the 2018 Cardinals thread already. This season is already over. We'll never be even a slight playoff contender with Palmer again. Was saying this the entire offseason.

Even if we roll over Indy next week, it still means nothing. Everyone should be rolling over Indy without Luck.

At this point, IMO, the most we can hope for is close to a .500 season.

Hopefully the Dbacks bring me some joy tonight. We got some KILLER seats to the game.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 11:21:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Well fuck!  David Johnson is out with wrist injury.

Fuck!
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 11:34:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well fuck!  David Johnson is out with wrist injury.

Fuck!
View Quote
Sorry guys-I picked him first overall in my fantasy draft and called this as soon as I did.

I'm going to start soliciting cash from teams not to pick their players in the first round since it's a guaranteed kiss of death.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#9]
/thread

Can we get this locked?
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:20:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
/thread
Can we get this locked?
View Quote
Por que?

I just watched the one game!
They managed to win 2 pre-season games when I wasn't looking. I figured the streak was broken.

Wonder what Beanie Wells is doing these days.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Por que?

I just watched the one game!
They managed to win 2 pre-season games when I wasn't looking. I figured the streak was broken.

Wonder what Beanie Wells is doing these days.
View Quote
This season is over, might try again next year. lock'er up
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:26:11 PM EDT
[#12]
losing Johnson is tough.  Carson and the passing game really need a major threat on the ground to be successful.  Now the entire opposing defense can focus on Fitz...
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
losing Johnson is tough.  Carson and the passing game really need a major threat on the ground to be successful.  Now the entire opposing defense can focus on Fitz...
View Quote
Hard row to hoe.

David Johnson has some serious talent. I really like that kid. And I feared that he was going to get hurt.

Sucks. 
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Another day, another game. Will this week see victory?

Um, guys, gotta do better than 3 and out!
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#15]
If we get spanked by the Colts, we may be the worst team in football. Embarrassing.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#16]
This is bad. 
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#17]
New game plan.. give it to Chris Johnson.  He wants his 10k!
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow, Carson Palmer continues to looks like he's uncomfortable being in the game and just looks out of sync..
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#19]
When you can't light up Indy's defense...

This is really bad.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
When you can't light up Indy's defense...

This is really bad.
View Quote
I was on my way to SGC and had to return home. I forgot my permission slip. 

My dad was still watching the game and shaking his head.

Sad.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 3:42:16 PM EDT
[#21]
3 point game.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#22]
This is like watching the special olympics.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#23]
16-13
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 4:23:30 PM EDT
[#24]
A win is a win. But that was pretty ugly.
C'mon, Cards, you can do better.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 5:05:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
In before Jude La Cava and the other guy on Fox 10 saying that the Cardinals are going to win the Super Bowl.

Link Posted: 9/17/2017 5:10:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
That was like the special olympics with football... Just the right team happened to win haha
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#27]
I had high hopes when they scored on the first series.
Dum dum dum.

But twice, blowing 4th and inches? Dudes!

And I'm ignoring the take-a-knee bullcrap. How about doing something about the 67% black households with a single parent? Oh, that's not sexy or speaking truth to power or something. Grrrr.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 5:57:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Larry Fitzgerald comes through in the clutch!

That was a darn soup sandwich of a game. They should have beaten the '40-whiners handily.
But, a win is a win.

2-2, tied with the Seattle SJWs for second.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Larry Fitzgerald comes through in the clutch!

That was a darn soup sandwich of a game. They should have beaten the '40-whiners handily.
But, a win is a win.

2-2, tied with the Seattle SJWs for second.
View Quote
Went to a memorial service yesterday in CA so I missed most of the game, got to listen to the last few minutes and the OT on Sirius on the way back to my parents house where we were staying.. the Fitz OT touchdown win was welcome after the memorial, and we were both clapping and cheering in the car.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, we finally played a good team...
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#31]
That wasn't pretty. /sigh/
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 11:08:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I'd be thrilled if we went 8-8 this year. At least we have the Diamondbacks to give some hope to fans of professional sports teams in AZ.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 1:37:03 AM EDT
[#33]
.500 season assumes Johnson comes back sooner than later...

there are only so many Colts and 49er level teams out there and we hardly put those away easy either...
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 1:36:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Lets see what AP can do!  He dont need an O line!
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Lol. Decades of acquiring aged, past their prime QBs and backs. Kurt Warner ultimately panned out. The long list of the rest of them, not so much. What's that saying again about doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results...
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#36]
hey, the Cardinals provide a valuable service for the league, aging players can play out their final years and shop for a retirement home at the same time.  We should be proud.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Go AP go!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#38]
I gotta say, that child abuser may be over the hill, but I'm liking what his presence alone is already doing for our offense. The Buccaneers' defense is giving him respect, which in turn, is giving Palmer more time to do his thing. That's been a huge problem all season thus far, obviously.

He already seems well winded even before the half (certainly got shut down big time in that recent series that just resulted in a field goal), but we are doing great right now, and actually looking like a respectable team for maybe the first time this season.

Maybe there is a glimmer of hope. Our remaining schedule is certainly on the weaker side relating to our upcoming opponents. We have to have one of the weaker schedules in the league. We're gonna have to pickup another 8 wins or so if we want to get somewhere.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#39]
38-20, in the 4th. 5 minutes left. 3 score game? Go Cards!
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#40]
First half I was thinking, "who are these guys?". But, the second half came and I knew it was our boys. Really glad that we have a running back to take pressure off Carson.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 5:03:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Nothing?

Wow. Embarrassing. I couldn’t believe so many people were high on AP after last week. The guy essentially didn’t play all season. He was sure to have one game worth of gas in him. Now, he and Palmer are both on their walkers, and we aren’t even halfway through the season.

Man, I get being a homer to an extent, but you also gotta be realistic. We should be thrilled to have any W’s at this point. We hardly won any of those games if you’re being objective.

It’s a damn tough time to be an AZ sports fan. The Dbacks kicked some serious ass all year, but then got swept in the first round of the playoffs. The Dodgers this year are one of the greatest baseball teams of all time, though, so at least you can’t really hold that against them.

Now we’re stuck with the Cards as one of the worst teams in the NFL, and the Suns currently not only arguably the absolute worst team in the NBA...but seemingly giving the title of one of the worst teams in NBA history a run for its money.

It all continues to boil down to terrible ownership. The Bidwells have always been terrible owners, and Sarver is widely considered one of the worst owners in all of professional sports. The guy bought a dynasty of a team, and has quickly turned them into the laughing stock of the NBA.

Looking forward to Spring Training in March at this point.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Will Arians quit first or will he be canned?
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:27:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Good question. I still blame ownership and management far more than he for our problems, though.

His highflying west coast offense can work, and work well - you just need the right tools. A solid O line, and young, agile QB with an arm being the two areas we are highly lacking in. Our receiver core is still solid enough overall, and Fitz is still one of the best in the league.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:22:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Will Arians quit first or will he be canned?
View Quote
He still has an overall winning record as head coach of the Cardinals. I don't think he's the problem.

I knew the lack of offensive line would get Palmer. Wish we had a better backup QB. I'm still shooting for .500 this year.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 9:10:32 AM EDT
[#45]
That was hideous.
Broken bone? Oh, he'll be back in time to play in the playoffs, right?
Assuming we don't go 3-13.
I don't think the Rams are as good as the score indicated. /sigh/
Pass the paper bag.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#46]
What are the odds that they work Peterson too hard?
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 1:14:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Before tonight, whatever (very slim) chance they had at the playoffs is basically gone.
If this weren’t Larry’s last season, I wouldn’t give a damn.

It would’ve been cool to see him get one last shot at a ring.
Bummer
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 1:16:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Pre game included buttering of the hands tonight.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 1:17:36 AM EDT
[#49]
There's always a chance!

Oh, wait, we're 3rd in the division out of 4. Yeah, that wildcard berth is ... unlikely.

Larry F seems like a class act. No Ring.
Richard Sherman seems like an entitled...<coc violation>. Ring +.

Life ain't fair.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 1:43:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What are the odds that they work Peterson too hard?
View Quote
Peterson was worked too hard just getting up for breakfast this morning.

I continue to laugh how some have continued to try and put sprinkles on a turd, and pretend it’s no longer a turd. The Saints wouldn’t give him the ball for a reason. He’s done. He was spectacular in his day, sure, but that day is over.

Look what happens in normal scenarios. His first game with us, he essentially had 100 percent fresh legs...he hadn’t even played all season. He did well in the first half, and already visibly showed his fatigue early in the second half. Then, his second game, abysmal performance. He then got a bye week off, and got to go up against the worst team in football after a good rest...so, he had a solid third game. Now, again in just his second back to back week/game, he’s a joke again.

The dude is Emmitt Smith again all over for us. The Bidwells and our front office are mentally challenged. Why do they keep doing this crap? Why the hell didn’t we trade Fitz before the trade deadline? I love the guy, but he ain’t getting a ring here, and we should’ve made a move while he had worth to Super Bowl contenders. A monkey could manage this team better. I don’t even watch football anymore, for obvious reasons, and just look at boxscores and recaps now...and even I can easily dissect the shit out of what has been needed to be done. Just sad.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top