BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's in the other time/space continuum.
Walk thru starts at 09:00 sharp
From the website:
Are you free on the 3rd Saturday of every month?
   If yes, then you have no excuse. Come out and shoot with us. We start sign in and squadding at 8:30am. We usually run until about 1:30 to 2:00, so you'll probably want to schedule a whole day. If you have to leave early, just let the RO know when you have to leave.
   If no, then try to arrange your schedule to come out. The matches are a lot of fun, and will give you a great idea of where your skill-set is using your guns in a practical manner.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
0900 for sign in
0930 walk thru stage brief

Winter hours?

Seems like a later start then it used to be.

Same start time for the past for ever.

From the website:
   If yes, then you have no excuse. Come out and shoot with us. We start sign in and squadding at 8:30am. We usually run until about 1:30 to 2:00, so you'll probably want to schedule a whole day. If you have to leave early, just let the RO know when you have to leave.
   If no, then try to arrange your schedule to come out. The matches are a lot of fun, and will give you a great idea of where your skill-set is using your guns in a practical manner.

Yeah I was going with time I need to be there. I haven't shot 2gac in a few years but I shot it for about 2 years
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:10:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yeah I was going with time I need to be there. I haven't shot 2gac in a few years but I shot it for about 2 years
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
0900 for sign in
0930 walk thru stage brief

Winter hours?

Seems like a later start then it used to be.

Same start time for the past for ever.

From the website:

AHH, lets do the time warp... AGAIN
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:30:49 PM EDT
[#3]
2 years ago, it was 30 shooters and wrapped up around noon.  Now there are 60+.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:42:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was getting up into the 60's when I ended up having surgery etch and took the last few years off.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

what time are they finishing now?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:28:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're getting upwards of 60-65 shooters and we're lucky to be done by 2:30 anymore, some matches have run until 3 or later.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 12:46:21 AM EDT
[#7]
fuckin' A

still doing the post match chow-down?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:11:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
fuckin' A

View Quote

I bail.  Home by 5:30 or 6PM.  It's a full day affair now.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:50:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
fuckin' A

View Quote

There's usually a group doing that but I frequently can't attend when it lands up that late.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Wife stayed home, I'll be hanging with her instead.

Enjoy fellas. Maybe next month. Nephews/Nieces birthday...

ETA: heard it was a good time and fewer shooters.

Also, are you guys gonna start incorporating par times on stages?

Honestly, the 3 o'clock finish times are a deterrent to me now. I will have to figure out food and stuff no thanks to the beetus... It fucking blows.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:19:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Honestly, the 3 o'clock finish times are a deterrent to me now. I will have to figure out food and stuff no thanks to the beetus... It fucking blows.
View Quote

There are par times on pretty much all stages now.  Today went really fast.  Our squad was done at 1PM.  Low round round, short par times.  I will post my video in a bit when scores go up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There are par times on pretty much all stages now.  Today went really fast.  Our squad was done at 1PM.  Low round round, short par times.  I will post my video in a bit when scores go up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heard you got a new backing plate for your Glock
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:41:02 PM EDT
[#13]
April 2015 scores are up!

Thank you to the ROs and everyone who helped out.

Today was a little under 50 shooters and with everyone chipping in we got done at a better time...about 1:30.

:)

https://twogunaction.squarespace.com/april-2015/
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes I did.  I was so excited to put it on that I'm not even sure what I did with the factory one.  Soooooooo, I'm stuck with this one, I guess.

My video is here (currently uploading at time of post):  http://youtu.be/PvZ_OL007VU

I'm pretty sure I shot stage two clean because I looked at each target, but someone tagged me with a minus 1, so I will "settle" for third.  It feels good to be back shooting and I think the big difference for me today was that I went out and got my eyes checked after the last match and got prescription glasses.  I can actually see......everything.  

Great match, Karl.  Thanks for putting it on.  Great to see the return of an oldie but goodie (stage one).  I seem to do better when I don't have to drag large crates of dirt back and forth.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:41:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Definitely good time.
Good to see old & new faces again.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:42:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:47:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Missed out today.  Maybe I'll make it next month.  Why did the timer keep getting reset between movements on stages 3 and 4?
View Quote

Stage 1:  Two timers going.  One with a 10 second par time that is manually reset by the RO when you enter the box.  You have to get your hit and make it to the other box before the 10 seconds is up or drop prone where you are and take a shot on steel.  Six total hits.
Stage 3 and 4 were identical:  Three strings.  20 second par time for each string.  Timer starts after mag change/shooter is ready.  20 seconds to move to positions 2 and three and get shots off.  Lack of required hits counted as misses.

There was a lot of random beeping today.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:18:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Stage 1:  Two timers going.  One with a 10 second par time that is manually reset by the RO when you enter the box.  You have to get your hit and make it to the other box before the 10 seconds is up or drop prone where you are and take a shot on steel.  Six total hits.
Stage 3 and 4 were identical:  Three strings.  20 second par time for each string.  Timer starts after mag change/shooter is ready.  20 seconds to move to positions 2 and three and get shots off.  Lack of required hits counted as misses.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Missed out today.  Maybe I'll make it next month.  Why did the timer keep getting reset between movements on stages 3 and 4?

Boo hiss. Your POV camera didn't catch the new slide plate on video.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:46:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sent an email for a quote on some awesome suggestions I have for Glock plate and AR dust covers.  I don't know if he is going to take them seriously.  

Thanks again.  It's the most thoughtful, nicest thing anyone has ever given me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:39:12 AM EDT
[#20]
What do the adjusted times mean on stage 3?
I am cornfused since i got all my hits in under the par times.......hmmmmm.
Missed keystroke...??

Good match today Karl!
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:52:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Missed keystroke...??

Good match today Karl!
View Quote

I was confused by that too.  I could have sworn a guy in our squad (Tirso) got all of his hits on that stage, but he had two misses.  Maybe he did and I just don't remember.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I was confused by that too.  I could have sworn a guy in our squad (Tirso) got all of his hits on that stage, but he had two misses.  Maybe he did and I just don't remember.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Missed keystroke...??

Good match today Karl!

I haven't checked video yet, but I recall shooting stage 2 clean. Oh well
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Missed keystroke...??

Good match today Karl!
View Quote

we had one guy on our squad (started on 1, finished at stg4) who forgot to wear his hg on stg3.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:05:56 AM EDT
[#24]
I was wrong on Tirso on stage 3.  Apparently it's right.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:52:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

we had one guy on our squad (started on 1, finished at stg4) who forgot to wear his hg on stg3.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Missed keystroke...??

Good match today Karl!

If I hadn't been lazy and taken it off between stages I would've been okay.  Lesson learned.

Shooting is still fun, even if I ended up with a horrible time

ETA: Match AAR

This was my first 2G-ACM.  I really like that its a 2 gun match. I think using a shotgun for stationary targets is stupid so 3 gun matches are stupid, but rifle and pistol together adds an extra element of challenge over USPSA that I enjoyed.  The targets were well chosen, I liked the sizes of the steel used and the distances to the targets.  A match with all up-close hoser stages lacks challenge.  The cardboard targets with numbers of shots needed painted on were a clever idea that worked really well.  The handgun stage was devious and well beyond my level of skill.  I had never shot a polish plate rack before, and my shaken nerves let me down on the texas star as well.

There were some aspects I did not like however.  I think the stage design was overly complicated and led to unnecessary confusion.  Having a maximum time for each stage is a good idea in order to keep the match moving, but having par times for each shooting position seemed to be too much.  I think it ruined the flow of the stage by needing to stop after each string of fire to re-fit and recover.  On stage one, having the second timer keeping a 10 second par time with a beep meaning both a penalty shot and the beginning of a new shooting position was too much.  If the timers can be programmed to reset silently this wouldn't be an issue, or I have my panties in a wad over a small issue that no one else had issues with.  Having the target array change from position to position on stage three was another overly complicated piece of the stage.  Engaging every target from every position would have been much easier to explain and execute.  Stage four was unique in having three separate strings of fire.  This made the polish plate rack harder to shoot cleanly.  Stage two was well designed with a clear course of fire and unique, challenging targets and shooting positions.  I liked that the stage could be started from any shooting position, forcing shooters to make a strategic decision.

To rank stage design: stage 2 was the best; stage 4 was also pretty good; stage 3 had potential, but the pauses between arrays held it back; stage 1 sucked due to the constant beeping of the shot timer was distracting at best, debilitating at worst.

I think having some forced reloads or rifle to handgun transitions could add to the challenges and separate the good shooters from the average.  Its possible these are usually a part of the match and I just didn't see it in the very small exposure I have so far.

I hope I can make it to future matches as I had a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:23:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If I hadn't been lazy and taken it off between stages I would've been okay.  Lesson learned.

This was my first 2G-ACM.  I really like that its a 2 gun match. I think using a shotgun for stationary targets is stupid so 3 gun matches are stupid, but rifle and pistol together adds an extra element of challenge over USPSA that I enjoyed.  The targets were well chosen, I liked the sizes of the steel used and the distances to the targets.  A match with all up-close hoser stages lacks challenge.  The cardboard targets with numbers of shots needed painted on were a clever idea that worked really well.  The handgun stage was devious and well beyond my level of skill.  I had never shot a polish plate rack before, and my shaken nerves let me down on the texas star as well.

There were some aspects I did not like however.  I think the stage design was overly complicated and led to unnecessary confusion.  Having a maximum time for each stage is a good idea in order to keep the match moving, but having par times for each shooting position seemed to be too much.  I think it ruined the flow of the stage by needing to stop after each string of fire to re-fit and recover.  On stage one, having the second timer keeping a 10 second par time with a beep meaning both a penalty shot and the beginning of a new shooting position was too much.  If the timers can be programmed to reset silently this wouldn't be an issue, or I have my panties in a wad over a small issue that no one else had issues with.  Having the target array change from position to position on stage three was another overly complicated piece of the stage.  Engaging every target from every position would have been much easier to explain and execute.  Stage four was unique in having three separate strings of fire.  This made the polish plate rack harder to shoot cleanly.  Stage two was well designed with a clear course of fire and unique, challenging targets and shooting positions.  I liked that the stage could be started from any shooting position, forcing shooters to make a strategic decision.

To rank stage design: stage 2 was the best; stage 4 was also pretty good; stage 3 had potential, but the pauses between arrays held it back; stage 1 sucked due to the constant beeping of the shot timer was distracting at best, debilitating at worst.

I think having some forced reloads or rifle to handgun transitions could add to the challenges and separate the good shooters from the average.  Its possible these are usually a part of the match and I just didn't see it in the very small exposure I have so far.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Missed keystroke...??

Good match today Karl!

Stage 1 with the multiple timers is a challenge and stressor for the shooter.  You have to get your hit and move or face the extra time and penalty shot from prone.  The point to it is to get fast clean hits and move.

Stage 2 is a excellent challenge for the shooter to not only make hits for points on paper, but to recognize how many hits are required to neutralize the target.

Stage 3 was done in 3 strings of 20second par time to allow all the shooters to actually shoot from 3 positions instead of timing out at the first position, not moving, and not hitting all the targets.  If a shooter has a time over 60seconds on this stage, it really means that shooter needs to learn their zero, actually zero, or reevaluate their actual shooting skills.  Harshly said, but very true.

BTW: I shot all 4 targets under par time from the first and second position.  Being first on the stage can have those little things happen (like forgetting the target order). I do agree all four targets in play at all 3 positions would have been just fine.

Stage 4 same vein as stage 3.  The polish plate rack is an excellent moving target array.  When shot normally it is an easy target once you know how to shoot it.  By splitting up the engagements, the polish plate rack becomes an excellent challenge to all shooters.  Again the 20second par time was done so all shooters could shoot at the target arrays from all 3 positions instead of timing out at the first position and not getting a shot at all the targets.

The short par time strings is not the norm for the 2GACM, it was something new for stages 3/4.  Stage 1 is a repeat from a few years ago.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:54:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Missed keystroke...??

Good match today Karl!

re; Stage 1;
Maybe a second RO with a stopwatch?
He can position himself between shooting boxes and start a verbal countdown after 5 seconds have elapsed (and make the "PRONE" call). I think shooting while someone is yelling "5, 4, 3, 2, 1" is more stressful than hearing the secondary beep of the timer.
Also makes the primary RO's job easier.

Stage 2:
Liked the flexibility in start positions.
Good concept for breaking the standard 'double tap' response.

Stage 3:
The par times forced the shooter to "move with a purpose."
Favored magnified optic rifle.
Some minor target discrimination required, not a bad thing.

Stage 4:
Carnival targets favor the more experienced hand-gunner.
Resetting plates is time consuming, fortunately our squad had full participation.
There should be some comms between the 2 stages, in addition to the flag.

my 2 cents.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#28]

Stage 4:
Carnival targets favor the more experienced hand-gunner.
Resetting plates is time consuming, fortunately our squad had full participation.

View Quote

Think of the carnival targets as limited engagements at bad guy heads.  Make it more realistic?

Plate racks are more time consuming, but if everyone pitches in it shouldn't be all that bad.  Squad 4 was finished shooting stage 4 before squad 3 finished shooting stage 3.  We had a wait time of about 5minutes or so before moving on.  We also had a heavy squad at 13shooters.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:51:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Not really, no.

Issue isn't realism or lack of.
Only that those type of targets disfavor less skilled shooters.

but as the 2GACM website says:
"WE CONSIDERED FAIR BUT DECIDED AGAINST IT."
View Quote

If that makes the novice shooter train harder, all the better.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:22:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Not really, no.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Not really, no.

"WE CONSIDERED FAIR BUT DECIDED AGAINST IT."

If the match was made easy just for the noobs, then people like you and I would never improve our skills either.  I can remember a time when the texas star was a difficult target system for me.
I recall the Polish & Irish plate racks being difficult, and the spinner being near impossible.

With practice all these things become easy.

Wanna make these matches harder?  Add more running, jumping, climbing through things, getting up/down, oh and some shooting too.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:33:16 PM EDT
[#31]
The other thing i would add is a dedicated 2GACM staff to each squad.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 7:36:47 PM EDT
[#32]
What a great match today - wonderful weather, fun stages and great people!

Thank you for coming out.

Scores are up:

http://twogunaction.squarespace.com/may-2015/
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 10:09:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Great match.  I loved our squad.  No complaining by anyone and lots of pitching in and helping.  It really makes running a squad much easier when you have 5-6 people that can R.O. and everyone helping reset.  I would love to have everyone on that squad again.  We even had a couple of newbies and it was nice having people available to help them and run things at a different pace.

This match really showed the power of heavy metal with the spinner.  Keith spun that thing in 9 seconds with .308 while we watched very experienced shooters struggle with 5.56.  That stage was the equalizer.

I used to show up with a few different options for rifles depending on stage design.  Now I know that a 1-4x is the best all around fit for me on any stage design and use it regardless.  In the process of setting up all my rifles similarly with just one or two Aimpoints left in the collection.

I can't shoot a pistol well with gloves on for some reason.

Video still processing at time of post:
http://youtu.be/H1WPuvl7d2o
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 10:39:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Great match.  I loved our squad.  No complaining by anyone and lots of pitching in and helping.  It really makes running a squad much easier when you have 5-6 people that can R.O. and everyone helping reset.  I would love to have everyone on that squad again.  We even had a couple of newbies and it was nice having people available to help them and run things at a different pace.

This match really showed the power of heavy metal with the spinner.  Keith spun that thing in 9 seconds with .308 while we watched very experienced shooters struggle with 5.56.  That stage was the equalizer.

I used to show up with a few different options for rifles depending on stage design.  Now I know that a 1-4x is the best all around fit for me on any stage design and use it regardless.  In the process of setting up all my rifles similarly with just one or two Aimpoints left in the collection.

I can't shoot a pistol well with gloves on for some reason.

Video still processing at time of post:
http://youtu.be/H1WPuvl7d2o
View Quote

And we love you too princess.

Stage 3 was the match decider this month.

Good stages and awesome weather. Hope it can be repeated again next month
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Squad 4 FTW.  Stage 3 was my downfall even though I took the "easier" route hah.  Great match.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Does anyone know of anywhere closer to Oregon that does something akin to a 2 gun ACM? I thought this was the coolest thing since I saw ian doing them on Forgotten weapons, and would love to compete.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 11:34:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Unfortunately, no.

While we have a great time down here with this and have an awesome group of regulars, the idea does not seem to be spreading...

I wish it would as it'd be nice to shoot a match we aren't setting up and running!  :)
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Does anyone know of anywhere closer to Oregon that does something akin to a 2 gun ACM? I thought this was the coolest thing since I saw ian doing them on Forgotten weapons, and would love to compete.
View Quote

Find your local USPSA club and ask if they run any 3-Gun matches. If you aren't a shotgun fan, ask if they run any 2-Gun or rifle-only matches. The 3-Gun scene in OR is surprisingly active... I am sure you will find something to your liking.

I doubt you will find anything quite like the Tucson match though - these guys are a special kind of sadist.

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cola Warrior Nevada isn't far and we do have a Cola Warrior pacific northwest in the works.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:26:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Find your local USPSA club and ask if they run any 3-Gun matches. If you aren't a shotgun fan, ask if they run any 2-Gun or rifle-only matches. The 3-Gun scene in OR is surprisingly active... I am sure you will find something to your liking.

I doubt you will find anything quite like the Tucson match though - these guys are a special kind of sadist.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sadist or masochist???
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:32:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Alrighty! Spring hunting season is over and now back to shooting competition!

I will be ready to shoot in June! Been super jealous I haven't been able to hit up matches this fall besides in Jan. These matches are always my favorite to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:33:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Sadist or masochist???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sadist or masochist???

Any way you slice it, it's a party!

2GACMe, delivering awesome.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 2:09:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Cola Warrior Nevada isn't far and we do have a Cola Warrior pacific northwest in the works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure if face is because he knows I was there, or thinks he's the only super special Cola Warrior in this conversation...

20th place, woot, woot!
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 2:57:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Not sure if face is because he knows I was there, or thinks he's the only super special Cola Warrior in this conversation...

20th place, woot, woot!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

20th place, woot, woot!

I know, I just never pass up the chance to bring up Cola Warrior.  Especially amongst those who despise it most.

14th place here.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 8:55:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

The closest thing would be Ironman 3 Gun in Idaho.  The Parma club that hosts it also hosts a few other events like a patrol shoot and land nav shoot.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The closest thing would be Ironman 3 Gun in Idaho.  The Parma club that hosts it also hosts a few other events like a patrol shoot and land nav shoot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shotgun required.  Meh.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Shotgun required.  Meh.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shotgun required.  Meh.

Yep, that's the reason I've never gone to Ironman.

It's the same reason I'm not going to Hard as Hell as well.

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 2:34:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shotgun required.  Meh.

Peeps, soda chugging, and frat boy antics is why I don't cola warrior.
To each their own
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 2:36:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

To each their own
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shotgun required.  Meh.

To each their own

Oh shit! Now you done disgraced the sacred cow that is Cola Warrior
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 2:43:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Oh shit! Now you done disgraced the sacred cow that is Cola Warrior
View Quote

Its like vegans and crossfit, which do they talk about first?
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top