Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2011 8:31:46 AM EDT
I dont get to Phoenix much so i am not familiar with restaurants there. I am looking for a place in the downtown area or slightly north of downtown with good food and decent beer prices. Type of food doesnt matter aslong as its a laidback atmosphere. I will be with a group of about 10-12 on Sunday afternoon. We use to meet at Applebees on Central and Camelback but there beer prices seem to be going up more everytime we go.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#1]
The I-17 and Dunlap is only about 10-15 minutes from central Phoenix and there is a great restaurant there called Bobby Q's.

http://bobbyq.net/

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:57:52 AM EDT
[#2]
If I had a big group I'd go to George & Dragon, but would depend on whether an English style pub is your cup 'o tea.

Central & Indian School:

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 12:02:38 PM EDT
[#3]
George & Dragon.
If you can go further south, Los Dos Molinos.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 12:31:21 PM EDT
[#4]
If you like ribs ,Bobbyq is great
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 8:37:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

If I had a big group I'd go to George & Dragon, but would depend on whether an English style pub is your cup 'o tea.  

Central & Indian School:

G&D is great.

Best Chinese food is at 15th street & McDowell, Gourmet House of Hong Kong. Doesn't look like much, but is excellent. They have some large family tables in there for groups.

Link Posted: 8/4/2011 9:42:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Central & Indian School:

They were gun hating cunts as well. Any change?
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 2:17:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Really good Irish Pub right next door (west) to the Hotel San Carlos
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#8]
La Canasta Capitolio, good Mexican food, laidback, beer, and it's downtown.
Afternoon is a good time to go, I'd avoid that neighborhood after dark.
http://www.azcentral.com/ent/dining/articles/2007/08/08/20070808lacanasta.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top