Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 7:13:14 AM EDT
I usually see a good selection of used guns on their website azcentral.com, but it seems like the paper has followed the Arizona (Red) Star here in Tucson, and quit allowing private firearms sales.  I sent an email to their customer service department stating my ...disappointment, but I'm not holding my breath to hear back.  At least there's the hometown EE.  I appreciate this website more all the time...

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#1]
If that is true, I will drop my subscription and go with the East Valley Tribune.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I work for the Tribune.  We are a hell of allot cheaper than the Republic and we have gun adds.  I don't know how good the selection is, as i never look, but i know when i've placed a couple adds selling guns I've gotten a decent response.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:12:44 PM EDT
[#3]
The Repulsive, like the NY Times, seems to still have not gotten the message.  That message being, "Stick with the left wing agenda and lose readership faster than the French lose wars".

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Do these count?

"Colt 45, Bersa 380, Glock 22, Sig 220 Taurus 9mm, XD-9, SKS, mini 14, shotguns, pistols, rifles.  Kimber 45 cal Ult Elt $975. Glock 23 $400. S&W 317 $475. Colt AR15 Pre. Flattp $1700. Also AR15 & M14 Mags & 45ACP Hard Cast"

I found these by doing a quick search of the Republic's online classified ads.  The newspaper is a left-leaning rag and there aren't as many ads as there used to be in years past but I don't think they've banned ads for guns.  Yet.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:40:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Colt AR15 Pre. Flattp $1700.

MONEY SENT!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:09:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Private gun ads are back up today!  Looks like they took my threat of boycott seriously!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:04:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm amazed they are still in there in this day and age...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top