Posted: 12/18/2005 5:02:21 PM EDT
For the folks that have never been.

Last month's get together

Yesterday

Great place to shoot.

Happy Trails!

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Dayum.  Some nice toys and looks like a good time was had by all.

Let me know next one I'd love to go.

Jim
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:50:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
looks like a good time was had by all.

It was good to put some names with faces!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Is that place machine gun friendly?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#4]
There are houses over the top of that hill they are shooting at, and lot's of ATVers, so I would say no.

I don't ever shoot at that spot, for that reason.  There are other places there with better backstops.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes it is full auto friendly and Tanneritr too. There has been FA guns at all the shoots I've been at. As far as the house the rancher has come over and talked to us before and unless you are shooting in the air the hill is high enough to stop rounds and the ranch is not inline with the direction you shoot there. As far as the ATVer's go they have not been a problem durring any of the larger shoots. We tend to get there early and when you start blasting they don't come around unless it's to watch. If any of your concerns had been a problem in the past the rancher would have had it closed down a long time ago.

http://members.cox.net/ms85022/cb110.jpg

Uzi

Enjoy the spot while you can as the homes are coming sooner than later.

Happy Trails
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:41:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Click here for a picture.

If you follow this link, the bottom right corner is that shooting spot.  It looks like a clearing.  The 'old' ranch is at the top left (by 'old' I mean that it has been there for many years).   That is not a very big hill.  You are shooting directly towards that ranch, and two or three more houses have been added since this picture was taken.

There are trails all over that area.  There are a lot more now than when that picture was taken (the aerial I linked to, not yours).  There are trails that go over the top of that hill from the other side.  You can't possibly tell me that when you shoot there that nobody is going to ride up the back side; or that somebody riding up from the other side on an ATV is going to hear you through a helmet over the noise of their motorcycle.  You can see in your pictures the road going over the top of the hill.

It's a bad spot to shoot, even if nobody has chased you off.  There are better places at Table Mesa to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:49:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Still not shooting at the house. Shooting more to the northwest. I was there for the clean up with the Good Gun Foundation and Fish and Game. The rancher was more concerned about the garbage than stray rounds. So there just doesn't seem to be the problem you think there is. With as many people that shoot there you seemed to be the only one worried about it.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:55:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I have to agree with 122sniperjr.
With the hill as a backstop, the direction of travel, and the distance to the ranch I just dont see any issues here.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:45:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Thank you sonofbp. I was going to get around to doing that but didn't have time yesterday.

Oh and enjoyed shooting with you all this past weekend.

Happy trails.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top