Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/29/2004 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I_B (the troublemaker) is correct, that land has always been Rez land.

I remember back in the 80s when Herb Drinkwater, and the PNs were having a dick-waving contest and so the PNs CLOSED the east side of Pima Rd. Put barricades up and everything.

Boy did that fuck up traffic for a few weeks. Eventually they got stuff worked out and then Scotts got a new mayor and things got better with the PNs.

D.

Oh, markm, Tonks on bikes are a special target of my hatred. They ride just like they drive, with little regard for themselves or anyone else. At night, especially, with no lights or reflectors (guess they don't have that shit in Mexihole), I've almost creamed a dozen of them over the years.

Link Posted: 7/29/2004 8:15:55 PM EDT
[#2]
What a bunch of shit! We took that land once we should just take it again!
I say just call out the National Guard and shell the Pima's with some 155's!
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 6:44:04 AM EDT
[#3]
TheFNG,

Don't you work for the Pimas?
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 7:19:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Isn't the 101 State Trust Land?
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 8:08:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Boycott Indian owned business.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 4:58:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Boycott Indian owned business.

OK, no more fireworks for me!!  
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 7:19:58 PM EDT
[#7]
The Indians sell fireworks in AZ?  I thought New Mexico was the closest place?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#8]
So what do you do if you get a citation in the mail from Scottsdale?  Just asking.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:45:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So what do you do if you get a citation in the mail from Scottsdale?  Just asking.

Seriously?  Toss it in the trash.  You haven't signed anything to say you are aware of the violation.  After a couple of attemps they send out process servers to your house to serve you.  It costs them 5 bucks, or it did last time my moms company had talked to the guy who served them.  They won't make more than one attempt at service because it actually costs them too much for mileage.  Also, I have my vehicle registered to a mailing assress, so no service for me
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#10]
28-1591. Traffic violations; civil matters; service

A. A violation of a statute relating to traffic movement and control, including a statute governing parking or standing requirements, shall be treated as a civil matter as provided in chapter 3 of this title or this chapter, unless the statute provides for a different classification as a criminal offense.

B. This article does not require that either the initial notification or a subsequent summons and complaint for a parking or standing violation be issued or served as required by this article.

C. If it is necessary to issue a summons and complaint because there is not a satisfactory response to the initial notice of a parking or standing violation, the summons and complaint may be sent by regular mail to the address provided to the department by the individual made responsible for the alleged violation by the applicable statute or ordinance. Service of the summons and complaint is complete on mailing.

28-1593. Service of uniform traffic complaint

A. A traffic complaint may be served by delivering a copy of the uniform traffic complaint citation to the person charged with the violation or by any means authorized by the rules of civil procedure. At the discretion of the issuing authority, a complaint for a violation issued after an investigation in conjunction with a traffic accident may be sent by certified mail, return receipt requested, delivered to addressee only to the address provided by the person charged with the violation. Service of the complaint is complete on filing the receipt in the court having jurisdiction of the violation.

B. The original complaint shall be filed in a court having jurisdiction of the violation within ten court days of the time the complaint was issued. A peace officer or duly authorized agent of a traffic enforcement agency may issue the traffic complaint.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#11]
if you have a relatively new car, drive it with dealer ad plates on there...no license plate, no place to mail your ticket to...and if you get a ticket for not having a plate, it shouldn't be more than a fix it ticket (at least in CA it is...$10 and you're done...)
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:26:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
28-1591. Traffic violations; civil matters; service

A. A violation of a statute relating to traffic movement and control, including a statute governing parking or standing requirements, shall be treated as a civil matter as provided in chapter 3 of this title or this chapter, unless the statute provides for a different classification as a criminal offense.

B. This article does not require that either the initial notification or a subsequent summons and complaint for a parking or standing violation be issued or served as required by this article.

C. If it is necessary to issue a summons and complaint because there is not a satisfactory response to the initial notice of a parking or standing violation, the summons and complaint may be sent by regular mail to the address provided to the department by the individual made responsible for the alleged violation by the applicable statute or ordinance. [bold]Service of the summons and complaint is complete on mailing.[/bold]
What does this mean?

28-1593. Service of uniform traffic complaint

A. A traffic complaint may be served by delivering a copy of the uniform traffic complaint citation to the person charged with the violation or by any means authorized by the rules of civil procedure. At the discretion of the issuing authority, a complaint for a violation issued after an investigation in conjunction with a traffic accident may be sent by certified mail, return receipt requested, delivered to addressee only to the address provided by the person charged with the violation. Service of the complaint is complete on filing the receipt in the court having jurisdiction of the violation.

B. The original complaint shall be filed in a court having jurisdiction of the violation within ten court days of the time the complaint was issued. A peace officer or duly authorized agent of a traffic enforcement agency may issue the traffic complaint.

I think I'll probably get served, but the picture doesn't look anything like me.  So then what should I do?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:33:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Will they issue a warrant if you can't be served?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:00:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I think that if they can't serve you within 120 days it's past the statute of limitations and the civil charges are dropped.  But I think I will get served.  But the picture has a tremendous amount of glare over my face, so much so that I'm unrecognizable.  

Chris
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:57:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that if they can't serve you within 120 days it's past the statute of limitations and the civil charges are dropped.  But I think I will get served.  But the picture has a tremendous amount of glare over my face, so much so that I'm unrecognizable.  

Chris

I believe this is correct.  I'd have to call my mom and ask.  Bottom line is, don't answer the door; look like no one's home.  They can't post them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:01:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I know in civil court cases the judge can allow for service by publication if a party cannot be found. This is just published in the legals of a local newspaper for three consecutive publications.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top